Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Games so good you got sad when it was over
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 01:36:35 PM »
I suck.

you got that right, little buddy
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:08:15 AM »
Octopath Traveler

About halfway through the Chapter 2 portion of the game.  Just finished up Olberic's, which had some really good bits.  Nice "honorable warrior" tropes, which are fun, with even a little bit of cuteness from Cecily, who I liked right away (but didn't necessarily trust at first, after Alfyn's run-in with a "new friend" in his chapter 2).
I will say, though, that tanking with Incite and defense buffs made Olberic's ch2 almost comically easy.  However, the couple one-on-one duels they make you do still have the potential for a lot of difficulty if you haven't customized Olberic for them.  I had, fortunately. :P

Therion's story continues to be underwhelming, but still good.  I like the portions with him and the Lady Ravus, of course, since she contrasts so well with the rest of Therion's world.

And, of course, Ophilia continues to be adorable, so much so that I kinda feel like she's the frontrunner for Favorite Character at this point.  She had yet another absolutely precious encounter with Alfyn.  I love that, at least in the English localization, you don't get the sense at all that she is "accidentally" flirting, but legitimately is interested in getting to know Alfyn better as a person and as a man.  This gives her character much more richness, as I believe it compliments her modesty and spirituality well, as well as offering a nice contrast to her central characteristic of selflessness.  It's nice to see that she can be interested in pursuing things for herself, as well as constantly working for the benefit of others.  This is crystalized further when Therion teases her playfully and she picked right up on it: she's savvy when it comes to interacting with the opposite sex and can handle herself, even if her default is still to be the Blushing Maiden.
I loved her Ch2.  It was a nice surprise to see that fulfilling her central objective was basically instantaneous and had no cliché roadblocks, so she just spent the rest of her Ch2 helping people just to help them, without any obligation on her part.

Up next, Tressa!
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Dragon Quest XI looks glorious
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 09:54:41 AM »
^ I look forward to screens of your Nude Rab mod.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 02:50:09 AM »
Update: I spent another 100 orbs or so on the Hero Fest before I got any 5* at all. So in total I spent like 140 Orbs for that which I'm pretty sure is less than 1/2 the rate you're supposed to be getting 5*s from these. Hero Fests don't seem to like me.

At least I did get Eir as the one 5*, but she was fucking -SPD +DEF of course. On the upside we are getting a free Light Blessing this AR season though, so that means I can get like +60 on my score next season if I play it right (of course, I'd have to bless a bonus unit which isn't likely to be terribly helpful).
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 07:24:39 PM »
The best news I got this season was that Chihayafuru 3 is coming in the spring. Now just give me Grimgar S2 plz!!

Run w/ the Wind has been very good.

I might have to start watching Slime Iseaki.

« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 10:52:52 AM »
I'm wondering if Free Cecilia is even going to be an Armor (since that would mean everyone would be getting a free ranged Armor). Meanwhile, Fae completes the Armored Dragon Trainee 180 BST trifecta (at least she keeps the antlers on when she transforms), while Ephraim's skills kinda preclude him from benefiting from Armor March or similar buffs. At least I can finally form Eirika Emblem (when they get around to repeating Leg Eirika), even if an Armored Healbot doesn't exactly jive with a Sord Lord and two Red Horses.

But really, its the Fierce Stance and Drive Res seals that are the big news of the upcoming T_T (only 2 seals? gdi).

As for AR, I've adopted the Reddit Defense Meta for my base, not because I'm a scummy rat bastard who's too full of spite for the mode and those who seek to profit at my expense to play fairly anymore, but because I want to see how other players deal with that all too commonly seen horseshit (which so far have either involved wipes, significant losses, or whales countering with their +10 Armored Dragon Trainee 180 BST steamrollers).

Spoiler: show
And also because I'm totally a scummy rat bastard who's too full of spite for the mode and those who seek to profit at my expense to play fairly anymore (this mode deserves all the shit that can be smeared onto it).

That aside, the one good thing about Surtrs is the fact that most don't bother with Distant Counter or Vantage (although I did eat a loss due to one having Miracle, but that match went down badly anyways and I would've walked away with 40 Lyft at best), so ranged options like Miccy and Cecilia can eat him if I can keep them alive long enough to get at him (and if I can reach him fast enough).
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Dragon Quest XI looks glorious
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 09:01:17 AM »
If I revisit the game, it'll be on PC since I have the plat for the PS 4 version.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Ranadiel on Yesterday at 07:51:59 AM »
Hmmm, I know very little about the next season. Anyone can offer some insight?
Is this a sign I'm getting old?
I can give you my limited thought?

5-Toubun no Hanayome- So I know that some people in a Discord I frequent love the manga. I don't think the manga has an official release yet (or if it does I didn't notice), so I can't give personal thoughts on the quality. But they seem to like it and I believe it is fairly popular in Japan?

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen- Watch this! The source manga is amazing an almost always makes me laugh heartily whenever I get a new volume.

Yakusoku no Neverland- The manga is fairly well received. Something about the art feels off to me, so I never read it but most everyone else seems to love the story. Well at least for the portions that are likely going to get covered (current arc is getting a lot of "Ehhs" but that would probably be season 2 or 3...if it got there).

I'll probably end up watching Kaguya and the Code Geass movie. I'll probably also watch some of 5-Toubun.
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 05:47:57 AM »
Oh boy, an army of armors again (At least Ephraim actually put armor on top I guess). At least there wasn't some new completely broken Fighter skill thrown in this time I guess. We get our first staff armor though, and she's an absurdly good buffbot, automatically giving ATK+6/DEF+5/RES+5 to your highest ATK unit. Those are all inheritable though, I'm guessing Staff Armors as a unit won't be anything particularly special for anything other than rounding out an emblem team, because they don't get to equip both the stupid Staff skills and Fighter skills at once. They can't use Fighter skills well anyway since Healer specials are supportive (and have a cooldown of like 2 each anyway), and they can't reach their allies fast enough to give heal support- Physic only does so much.

Also I'm betting they stick Wary Fighter on Free Cecilia.

In banner news, I got a 5* Catria on my free pull of one of the New Power banners (+SPD -RES too, wish I had this luck on a 5* exclusive). Haven't gotten any 5*s out of Hero Fest despite having spent about 30 orbs on it on top of the mass of free pulls we've had. When we get our last ticket tomorrow I might spend a few more to try for an Eir- it's dumb, but at some point I'm going to need two Light Heroes to have any chance of advancing AR.

On that note, I'm moving into Tier 18 next week (and losing like 400 lift when that happens of course), meaning I'm going to need to earn 1000 Lift to be able to get to the next Tier. Considering how Light Blessings end next week, it will likely be impossible for me to advance because even if I play perfectly, I'll probably still be short thanks to getting -80 Lift basically every day. I have no idea why IS thought Surtr was a good idea- anybody who managed to pull him basically get free wins during these bonus weeks, basically every single defense map I've had involved someone shoving Surtr out front and tanking every single hit directed at him.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Greganox on December 15, 2018, 07:31:18 PM »
Started Costume Quest 2 today. Hoping to resolve the cliffhanger from the first game soon. Had to endure a bunch of battles with the candy corn costume before I unlocked pterodactyl.

Edit: Got the Krono Trigger achievement this Sunday. Pretty cool reference.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10