Author Topic: Dungeon Hack (and other pc RPG games)

Danel Lo Gris

• View Profile
Dungeon Hack (and other pc RPG games)
« on: July 19, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
Hello all. This is the first time I've been to this site. I suppose I've opened this topic to talk about old PC RPG games. Recently I've been live streaming Dungeon hack, an old first person Dungeons and Dragons game with randomly generated dungeons (I believe). I was wondering if anyone has ever played it, I'm looking for advice on things to look out for... you know how these old games can be... quite cryptic and difficult. Anyway, I'll leave a link to my channel if you're ever curious about seeing the game in action. I do Live Streams at 12 midnight Brussels time, that's 6 p.m. eastern if you're in the U.S.

My all time favourite old RPG on the pc is Fallout 2, it has the most memorable moments I've ever experienced in such a game, both funny and frusturating.

Link to channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAK2so4H3B5gjZQ18JRBVZg

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Hack (and other pc RPG games)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:55:05 AM »
Hah, I was looking this up just Yesterday. Never played it myself, too hardcore for my tastes, but an interesting bit of history nonetheless.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

EPfire

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »
I remember messing with that game for hours--really glad to see it come up again.

Danel Lo Gris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »
Good to see a fan of the game. I've been running into minor problems with the game, the biggest is not being able to open some doors, even after finding all the keys on the floor. That, and the giant centipedes constantly paralysing me XD I'm also puzzled by why the player character randomly coughs violently..

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:11:49 AM »
Watched a bit of part 3 of your DH crawl. I like your non-invasive no-bullshit narration. I haven't played many dungeon crawlers of this type, but the view totally reminds me of the exploration mode in the good ol' Forgotten Realms series.

Danel Lo Gris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:44:18 AM »
Thanks! Yeah, I prefer not to be your typical screaming into the mic youtuber, it's just my hobby so I don't take it super seriously. I believe they ought to be related, if not by the same developer, then by universe because I believe Dungeon Hack takes place in the Forgotten Realms as well. Another thing I like about those old FPS games in general, especially Dungeon Hack is the fear factor. It seems like modern fps games don't strike that same fear of the unknown into you like it used to... maybe it's just that you had to use your imagination more back then or something like that.