Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 10:53:43 PM »
here is the discworld reading guide.  You can basically pick any strand on there (would recommend nights watch) and they are more or less self contained.

I think it's REALLY REALLY difficult to build an effective and coherent fantasy world in 1 novel (unless its 1100 pages long) there is just too much foundation that needs to be laid and history that often needs to be fleshed out in order to adequately tell a story set in a fantasy universe.  Hell, Tolkien was the master and even he needed to write the 350 page Silmarillion in order to make sense of Middle Earth.
If she's wearing a cape, then she won't be naked.
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 04:17:07 PM »
My reading list is already miles long, so I'm trying to be more focused about it.  Otherwise, seeing a ginormous backlog browbeats me and something I love starts feeling like work. 

Anyway, I'm still making my way through Three Musketeers.  D'Artagnan and the titular musketeers are planning their journey to London for D'Artagnan's secret mission. 
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Tales of Discussion 2: Dawn of the New Megathread
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 04:11:05 PM »
I hope the main female in this one is just completely naked (save for just a cape).  That would be the next logical step forward from Velvet.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Your favorite basic weapons
« Last post by Starmongoose on Today at 04:07:15 PM »
I enjoy a good Chakram.

General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Starmongoose on Today at 04:00:59 PM »
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Your favorite basic weapons
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 03:44:58 PM »
I'm a Spears/Polearms guy.  Always have been.  I enjoy their defensive nature and underrated versatility.

That said, who doesn't love lightsabers?
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 03:43:16 PM »
I mean, there's the Hyperion saga by Dan Simmons, @Dincrest , but I guess that's... probably more sci-fi.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 03:40:22 PM »
Trails of Cold Steel 2

Everything is coming along swimmingly.  I back into my usual Triple Advantage every battle, never get hit, enemy never gets a turn pattern that I enjoy so much.  I just got to the Nord Highlands and my current party is
Spoiler: show
Rean of course, Elliott, Machias, and Claire.  Not even using Fie!  Take that, RPG Fan Common Sense!

and even for "large" monsters and chest monsters (*snickers*) this party is so well equipped that I still win without the enemy getting more than a turn or two.  My last party member I mentioned above has that Craft called "Flawless Leadership" that seems pretty ridiculously great.  My last chest monster started with her doing that move, and then another party member using "Burst Drive", and I got a bunch of turns in a row and obliterated everything.  I didn't even remember Overdrive (a new mechanic I have been enjoying quite a lot).

This may sound boring and easy to some of you, but I enjoy this immensely.  Plus it isn't like I am not trying.  I spend a lot of time on character builds to try and be as dominant as possible, so to see it working is very satisfying.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 03:32:54 PM »
Yes, Jimmy, it's basically all Discord now.  A lot of people who used to post here regularly don't even check the forums anymore, much less post in them.  But they're very active on the Discord.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10