Author Topic: Dragon Age 3

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age 3
« Reply #510 on: April 21, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
I didn't have a problem with the maps. Yes they were big, but they were full of quests and collectibles so I was always doing something and the exploration of them was fun to me.

I suppose its more a personal problem, I don't have the time to play a game where I waste so much time just running around.

That's totally fair. I personally liked the freedom to do whatever in whichever order I liked (for the most part). I could see it being overwhelming.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 23, 2015, 07:27:08 PM »
Wait, do you have to do those quests? I was under the impression that if you focused on the main quest line, the game would be over in a fraction of the time, just like with Skyrim. But much like Skyrim, no one would in their right mind would ever do that on a first playthrough, because running around a doing stuff is where all the fun is. Still, if you really feel it's a problem, you could always join the madness and focus on the story for a while...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 28, 2015, 08:48:16 PM »
Patch 4 + 5 are a god send since they solved many of the combat bugs. Now, finally the upgrade to warcry adds the armor bonus to front armor which greatly increases a 2h warriors suitability. Also, 2h warriors can finally detonate status effects. This  allows the OP Ice Mine + Pull of the Abyss + Whirlwind combo. Laugh as you obliterate whole groups of enemies.