Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19935 on: October 22, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
Whole back wheel is bent and fucked up, frame may be damaged. The asshole was pulling out of a Walgreens and I had space to pass him since LEGALLY he's supposed to stop before he pulls out (I was on the curb, I know, not supposed to be). As I get half past him, he starts moving again and before I have time to move he runs into me, taking out the wheel and knocking my bike out from under me. Scratches on my right leg from the bike getting knocked around, and my knee feels wobbly but that could be from nerves and adrenaline, nothing hurts though.

As I'm cursing about getting hit, he gets out of his car and gives me shit for being on the sidewalk. I told him get away from me before I put his head through his windshield. His wife kept asking if I was ok and I said I'm fucking furious, your husband needs to get away from before I hurt him. He then drives off, never asking if I'm ok or about the damage he inflicted on me or my bike.

I'm so over today...

^ infuriating... what a knob

pro tip: when you are approaching a vehicle like that, looking directly at the driver's head seems to help them notice you.  I think there is something in our DNA where we just seem to know when someone is looking at us, so 99% of the time staring hole through a drivers noggin is enough for them to make eye contact with you (and thus acknowledge and react to your presence).  It's really unfortunate that idiots behind the wheel force cyclists to have to be careful enough to make sure everyone else is paying attention to you.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19936 on: October 22, 2017, 08:26:20 PM »
Been hit on my bike twice.  Somehow didn't get any injuries either time (and in one of them the car was going like 30mph...).

It sucks but getting angry doesn't solve anything.  I really hope you got his insurance info at least...

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19937 on: October 22, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »
Been hit on my bike twice.  Somehow didn't get any injuries either time (and in one of them the car was going like 30mph...).

It sucks but getting angry doesn't solve anything.  I really hope you got his insurance info at least...
No, just his license plate when he drove off.

TASTY!

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #19938 on: October 22, 2017, 10:39:11 PM »
Neogaf was destroyed.
I'm going to be more active here now :)

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #19939 on: October 23, 2017, 12:00:46 AM »
Glad you're okay D.

If it helps you feel any less angry, I had to argue with a customer for 10 minutes today because she basically accused me of ripping her off even though she walked away with an $8 purchase for free. Apparently she felt like she lost out on $1.50 in coupons that went to waste. I told her she should have done the math herself before giving my cashier the coupons.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19940 on: October 23, 2017, 02:43:06 AM »
Shit, D. Glad you're okay :(

Whole back wheel is bent and fucked up, frame may be damaged.

I hope the frame is allright. Wheels can be easily replaced, but if the frame is damaged, the whole bike may need to be replaced.

Also, uh, speaking from experience. Don't worry, I was fine! The bike looked like someone folded it up though. Fortunately, the frame and some other essential parts could be saved and the bike lived a long and happy live of... getting slowly destroyed?

The upside of having a golden yellow bike it that's easy to find it in a sea of metal. The downside is bullies can do the same. I've had my tires stabbed twice, the saddle was damaged multiple times, the metal basket in front was flattened, thrown rocks caused some minor damage as well, the front light came lose when I slammed into someone blocking my way (wires were still intact, so it wasn't anything ducttape couldn't fix)... I kinda miss my old bike. Even though, at the end, perhaps 50% of it was the original bike and the rest was more like spare parts and tape.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19941 on: October 23, 2017, 04:58:38 AM »
Neogaf was destroyed.
I'm going to be more active here now :)

My plan is working perfectly. *drums fingers together* Mwahaha.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19942 on: October 23, 2017, 09:15:35 AM »
@Tomara jeez, what kind of assholes do live around? Most people just steal the bike, not wreck it...my condolences, even if it was a long time ago.

TASTY!

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19943 on: October 23, 2017, 01:29:59 PM »
@Tomara jeez, what kind of assholes do live around? Most people just steal the bike, not wreck it...my condolences, even if it was a long time ago.

Teenagers. This all happened back when I was in high school (and they didn't have security cameras pointed at the bicycle racks at the time). The upside is, nobody steals a yellow bike. It stands out too much.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #19944 on: October 23, 2017, 01:48:19 PM »
Having storage issues starting to crop up. Need to get some games off my shelves and was thinking of storing my PS2 games and DS/3DS cases, but my closet is practically full of empty figure boxes so I'd really have nowhere to store them even if I wanted to. My only solution I can think of at the moment is to try and find some bins that will allow me to store the games under my bed.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19945 on: October 23, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
Having storage issues starting to crop up. Need to get some games off my shelves and was thinking of storing my PS2 games and DS/3DS cases, but my closet is practically full of empty figure boxes so I'd really have nowhere to store them even if I wanted to. My only solution I can think of at the moment is to try and find some bins that will allow me to store the games under my bed.

PURGE!

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19946 on: October 23, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Klutz forgive me for being simple here but....why not put things in the empty boxes in your storage space-lacking closet?

TASTY!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #19947 on: October 23, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »
Klutz forgive me for being simple here but....why not put things in the empty boxes in your storage space-lacking closet?

Well "empty" is probably the wrong word, I suppose, as they all have the associated figures' plastic shells for storage still in them.

PURGE!

I do need to get around to that, too, but I would need some time off of work and school to actually be able to go through them and probably put the ones I don't want up on one of those game trading sites rather than outright trashing them or selling them.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19948 on: October 23, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
That's the most time-consuming part of purging, isn't it? I go through my manga collection about once a year and most of the things I'm able to donate to a manga library, but when I do that to my game collection, it's months before the 'sell/trade' stack has thinned out enough to declare operation Save Space a success.

Speaking of media, I just got myself an Amazon Prime account. Since Amazon.nl is not actually a thing for some reason, Amazon uses it's German site to sell to the Dutch and the important parts of the site are available in Dutch. However, if you set your location to the Netherlands, most of Prime Video will be in English. It's no problem for me, but it's kind of weird that a company as gigantic as Amazon would half-ass things to the point where you need to know three languages to get the most out of their services.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19949 on: October 23, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »
My solution whenever I am running low on space is "buy more shelves." I have yet to hit critical mass on shelves yet, and I still have a room that I have yet to shelf that I have mentally designated as "overflow." XP