The intro is pure CG sex.
New details from the pre-release party.
* Retrying guildleves: The best way to level is with guildleves, that is, even without the guardian's favor, you will earn way more exp and skill points per each kill. For this reason, we wanted to prevent abusive use of leves by killing all the monsters but failing right at the end and then retrying on the spot. However, if you visit the NPC that gave you the leve, you can retry it.
* There will be hardware mouse support!
* We believe that the item selection interface should be very responsive, and by release we will have introduced a MUCH improved version. After release we will continue improving this.
* The FFXIV development team acknowledged that there's issues with the mouse and user interface and apologized about it. Hardware Mouse + UI improvements will be a major focus for them.
* There will be package discount pricing on the subscription (Japan-3months, NA/EU 3/6 months)
* Due to game balance consideration, the level cap on release will be 50
* We will change it so you do not lose disabled abilities when changing class any more. [assume this means they won't leave the ability bar, they will probably just gray]
* Physical stat distribution will affect both crafting and gathering classes as much as it does everyone else.
* There aren't any "open world" NMs outside of guildleves.
* New hairstyles will be added, as well as the ability to change hairstyle in game after you make your character.
* Crafters will be able to cooperate in large-scale projects (boats, cannons, wedding cakes! YUM) so more fun for you and your company!
* There will be guildleves where crafters and adventurers have to cooperate.
* The guildleve issue will be fixed so they cooldown will be significantly decreased from 48 hours.
* Anima regeneration will have to be raised since you'll have to travel more for more frequent guildleves.
* The faction leves have you fight different beastman tribes and such.