The game either made you sick or the sickness was incidental. What are your best stories! here are mine !!!!
- Battlefield 1942: Forgotten Hope. Earlier that day, I'd gotten my wisdom teeth out. As soon as I got home, I started playing BF1942, using the Forgotten Hope mod, on the Stalingrad map. Then I started throwing up blood.
- Earthbound. I missed a day of class back in fourth grade from getting sick. I was super-sad cause my gifted class* was going on a field trip to the SPACE CENTER. So my mom bought me Earthbound to make me feel better. I remember reading the strategy guide in the doctor's office :3
- Creatures 3. The weird speckling pattern on the grendels' jaws made me really headachey and weird. It still sort of does. http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/creatures/images/0/02/Creatures3_grendel.jpg
Er, guess the jaw is green and the rest of the body has the speckled pattern. Anyway, imagine that a little smaller and moving, on a crappy CRT monitor from like the year 1998. It's sort of visually disorienting.
- Metroid Prime 2, Growlanser Generations, The Longest Journey. I either got these from my grandma for christmas one year, or, uh... ... Fuck I have no idea who I got them from. Anyway, like, the day before christmas eve, the grandma in question (This is the insane grandma we went shopping with a few years ago to pick out her funeral clothes. Got I have a million grandma stories) gets some stomach virus, so my uncle and aunt stick her in the hospital so she can get some attention, and then the rest of us all eat pizza hut on christmas eve for the BEST CHRISTMAS EVE EVER. Then on christmas day, she's out of the hospital, so we go over to her house to open presents and stuff. We think the house is disinfected by that point since people were over disinfecting it. Also, she's hopped up on pain killers or something, much to our amusement.
Anyway. So, december 26, I'm feelin' fine, although maybe a little depressed about the tsunami and all. Then December 27th rolls around and it's like HALUGLUAHUALHULUAH. So basically most of that day was headache/vomit/playing one of the three games mentioned/watching disney cartoons/vomit/vomit/vomit/dammit, Grandma.
- Deus Ex. I got this way back in ninth grade and it was AWESOME and I was playing it all week, and then that weekend I went to Chicago and came down with a balls infection and now I can never play Deus Ex again because of bad memories.
- Last year in 2009... er...
Fuck. Back in February, when DQV came out, I was like RIGHT in the middle of this Seriously Epic Head Cold that led to a lot of sleeping and I couldn't play DQ5 for like a MONTH after I got it because it reminded me of being sick.