Started watching a new Canadian show called Continuum.
Very cyberpunk, very interesting.
Pretty good, especially for a Canadian show.
It looks interesting, I was thinking of checking it out... but why does saying "Canadian shows" leave a weird taste in my mouth??? It's all...syrupy and strange. >=|
"You about to be trolled by team Avatar."Legend of Korra!!
Oh my god, Bolin always has the best lines.
Also, very intense. Sure hope Korra can do something about her predicament. Maybe she'll finally hit the Avatar State and do some Airbending?
Bloodbending making a return is also great. Wonder how he's doing it without the full moon.
And lastly, flashbacks again ... and Tarlock was on trial during Aang's years? (when he looks to be 30?; or 130 technically) Is Tarlock using Bloodbending to do some sort of anti-aging thing? Also, is he Amon? Bloodbending might be a way to cripple someone's bending, idk ...
Is Tarlock actually Yakone?
Episode 08 Thoughts:
- Some of the backgrounds look...really rushed this week. Especially in around the beginning. Something's wrong if I noticed it anyways, I usually look, but never find it bad. Got better near the end at least
- I think that line from the non
-Bender, "You're our Avatar too!" will play a big
part of the show's major concept/idea for what they want in Korra.
- Seeing Korra and Tarrlok duke it out? *gasp* Legend
of Korra, and how
!! Korra, was brilliantly animated, and her earth-bending was boss.
- Speaking of Boss... Asami driving? Haha, she goes one-handed too! Deeam.
- Mako and Bolin really got support-only treatment this week. I did like Bolin and Ikki meeting. x)
- C'MON!!!! WORST CITY COUNCIL EVER. They're so easily swayed, I could find a reason to kill innocent people because a peanut told me to do it and they'd still be cool with it.
- I like that Tenzin never fails to get some "haha"s in. Calling that idiot Chief of Police on being a terrible Chief of Police was golden.
- No Bei Fong. D:
- With Korra's quick reaction to Ikki's "she likes Mako too!" and her reaction to being kicked out of the room... it struck me too anime or at least too over-exaggerated. Asami's death glare
through the rear-view mirror felt a bit forced as well.
- Fire-breathing Korra!
- I'm not saying anything about flash backs, they're too ambiguous still by this point. I am happy they brought back the inability to air-bend fact and how it bugs Korra. Still... in these flashbacks, why is Katara so..absent? I think that, if anything, is intentional by this point. I think Katara's bloodbending and Yakkols may be have some connection.