I got the Artbook (or "Official World Guidance" in Engrish)
- Pretty stuff! The artist stick to a tablet and photoshop - barely a thing here was done with a pencil
- Amongst a ton of drawings, there's a long written section (which is sadly pretty useless to me besides...like... a few words... ah well)
- As usual for many artbooks, the scenery concept art outdoes anything you see in game - I apply this to even current-gen games... goddamit designers, listen to your artists!!! (Alistel's city view is stunning, you get a way better impression of the "Mechanical City" bit; the Granorg one is on the OST packed with the game though).
- Stocke's artwork was relatively unchanged. There's one hideous shot of him in some orange get up. A lot of his designs made him with the anime trope where his bangs cover the eyes completely.
- Very little extra designs for Raynie... maybe the artist had a good idea of her from the start. However, there is an alt. colour of her in red (Marco has one like this too... good they changed it)
- Wow, tons of designs for Marco. A lot of them he was still in his "short, fat suit". Seems it took a while before they settled on those biiig chipmunk eyes of his though. One shows them being like dots, a few show him with glasses, and a few show him with more mischievous "fox"-like eyes. One of my favorites covers his face entirely with the helmet (looking much like other Alistel soldiers). His helmet went through several changes. There's also one "normal" design, without the baggy clothes and button eyes and all that
- Interesting designs Eruca. For a while it seemed she was a "dark skinned" princess. The design was roughly the same. One design COUNTERS her current one; black hair and black princess attire! There's a lot of "princess-like" images in the back of the concept art. Seems that no matter what, princess was integral to the story (I'm curious how they wanted to use it)
- Rosch was largely unchanged.
- Aht had a lot of pretty concept work, ones that don't run along the furry-pant and childlike one we see. But the sort of "gypsie" concept stuck strong nevertheless.
- Gafka was largely unchanged.
- Interesting designs with Heiss. Numerous that keep him bald and evil looking, but there is one that makes him look kinda handsome (glasses and wavy hair)
- Viola looked much more manlier in an earlier design and had a stupid looking scimtar sword before it
- Garland looks awesome is always
- A design for a deer-like centaur. Only one and it looks weird. Cross anime with a deer and....
- Interesting... I don't know if any other versions of the box art showed this, but Sonja was originally on it - and seeing as how everyone ON the cover was a playable character... hmm, makes you wonder.
- Never noticed this before, but Teo has suns on his shirt, and Lippiti has the 6 pointed star
If anyone wants specific scans, I don't mind. I might scan the Alistel one for being awesome and making the city look less of a sewer.