Hehe, this could be fun. I should be going to bed but I want to make up my list. Though I think it will be pretty spoiler riddled. :( I'll try to hold back.
- FFIX - Spotting all the little nods to previous final fantay's. Buster Sword in Lindblum, The play Tantlus does at the start, the design on the Black Mages. That's only a couple I can think off the top of my head, but there are so many. x.x
- Phantasy Star 4 (I probably wouldn't have thought of this if we weren't just talking about it) The scene where someone...y'know. Heck.
The death of Alys
. Also, just the general creepiness of the towns who got petrified.
- FFVII - I love Cosmo Canyon, and I always look forward to going into the cave under it. That face the statue makes just before you fight the boss Spirit of Gi scared me so bad. Still kinda does. IT'S CREEPY.
- Suikoden 2. The scene where Hero and Nanami get separated from Jowy. They wait at the entrance of Greenhill for him all night. It was very...powerful.
- Lost Odyssey - The Dreams. I wish there were more of them.
- Persona 3. The Hermit social link is a really cool one that I always liked. It's the one where you are playing an MMO. The usernames are Tatsuya and Maya. Wink wink. Best part was figuring out
that Maya is really your homeroom teacher.
- Digital Devil Saga 2- this one is spoiler-ifc. Don't read it if you haven't played it.
The scene where we are finding out that the team we know and like are all creations of Sera's mind, creating personalities out of the sides they let her see. When in reality they were all kinds of dickhead. Apart from Heat.
- Jade Cocoon 2. Pretty much any scene with Cure in it. She was just adorable. And was also kinda tragic.
-Persona 2 Innocent Sin, the opportunity to make Tatsuya gay, without it being done in that creepy way japanese games sometimes do. Hur hur hur hur. Also. Fucking Hitler.
Least Favs -
- Final Fantasy VIII, any time I had to control Laguna and his team. I fucking hated having to mess around with my junctions all over again, and I just felt like it interrupted the flow of the story too much.
- Suikoden IV. THE BOAT. I'm still waking up in the middle of the night screaming "Not another random battle!? NOOOOOOO"
- Persona 4. Looking into the TV at midnight and seeing the vague silhouette of someone, and screaming at the tv saying "It's Yukiko, it's fucking Yukiko you stupid bastard!" and then being forced to say something like "You have no idea who it could possibly be."
- FFX - Dark Yojimbo. Also, "HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH"
- Pokemon. Realizing I've outgrown it and that I'll never be able to have the same attachment I have with the original 151.