If anyone wants to get twenty villagers to transfer from the demo to the main game, there is a way. Credit goes to Super Yoshi at gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/729328-bravely-default/68255426
Note: You might need to disable auto-save for this. Also you have to start the demo again if you already got the extra villager and saved.
1. Play up to the point where you get the quest for killing the second boss, Adamantite.(That's when I noticed the extra villager being available from that one NPC, so could work earlier too)
2. Save your game before talking to that NPC.(He is somewhere between the spell shop and equipment shop during the day)
3. Go talk to him, and then check that your villager count has increased by 1.
4. Go talk to the Adventurer and choose "To title", and then load up your save file again.
5. Now just talk to the villager giving NPC again, and you should receive another villager!
Norende's progress is automatically saved, so the villager count doesn't change when you load your save file. You can just keep on loading your save file until you have the 20 villagers which is the max you can transfer for the full version, or just keep on getting more so you can get that normally so long taking Play Bonus much faster!