We just did a rather huge update on the current demo so if you downloaded it previously you will have to delete your save or it will cause an error. There is now a survey at the end of the demo. If you have already played and wish to take the survey now, please do so. Your feedback will help us make a much better game. Also, if for some reason, you did not get to the end of the demo, here is the link. Survey Demo
Change Log: 1.04 -
- Fixed a bug in the infobook. I broke it in the last update. Images for items should now NOT produce an error
- Revamped enhancement system allowing more variety in enhancements stats, adding a tier system for each enhancement picked up.
- Revamped status screen, now shows a small description and uses the updated stats window.
- Changed game's font.
- Various small bug fixes.
- Fixed text cutoffs in the menu (Equipment menu)
- Totally redid the scan window.
- Updated the victory music.
- Blocked tent that causes the save file bug (Thanks to Shayoko from RPGMaker.net for discovering the exact cause, sorry I don't know how to fix it.... Yet :().
- Breathing forever underwater is not possible anymore.
- Make infobook buttons easier to figure out.
- Shop Menu done! (Can't see it in demo yet though).
- Crafting system is done! (Can't see it in demo yet though).
- Added easier way to read new entries.
- Fixed some jumping errors where you could jump off cliffs.
- Fixed evasion poses for Jagen and Maggie.
- Added in a few enemy sounds.
- Armehd now attacks in a line.
- Fixed scene by investigation site if you came through the alternate direction first.
- Added critical hits (Yay now you can do critical damage! (but so can the enemies)).
- Added character to infobook.
- Made it brighter later at night because it was still too dark.
- Removed enhancements from party member when they leave.
- Added Help Menu at the press of a button.
- Added target arrows so you can see which enemy you are targeting on the order line.
- Fixed box bug where if you had autodash on it and picked up a box, the box would chase you.
- Fixed known freezes in battle.
- Fixed some tile errors.
- Fixed problem where casting animations would not show properly.
- Fixed problem with full screen permissions (Had to replace it because it didn't work encrypted)
We have moved forward with everything we are working on what will be the final leg of the demo because if it is any longer most people will probably not play it to its completion. So you will have the option to either play as Sen or Jagen for two smaller campaigns. We plan to give more info on that later on today in our first video log whenever my daughter goes to sleep lol.
Right now am I currently working on one of the more elaborate cut scenes. It involves one of the main antagonist and happens shortly at the end of Jagens demo campaign when we next release it. Here is an example.
We are also working on doing some of the code for the battle system. Yin is implementing the timed hits and seeing how we could bring that to a more completed state. Yin has done a bunch of the code work for many things since the end of our last campaign. She has completed the crafting system which involves creating new and unique items so some combination of items could have different effects. We will go over more of this in our vlog.
Yin has also completed the shop. She took inspiration from the Tales of Vesperia series in which you can select all the items you would like to buy and check out all at once.
In our effort to gain more support we have launched an epocu
campaign. With this we are looking for at least 50 supporters to boost our confidence and to let us know where we stand as far as having an audience. So if you like it please let us know by supporting us on this platform. Right now we currently have 18 supporters and I am pretty excited about that!
We also plan on relaunching our crowd funding campaign for the final time at the end of August or the beginning of September. In honor of such an occasion we are going to start a design contest for a boss enemy in the game. We will have details on that soon.
We are always open to advice and criticism.
Thank for reading this update and we shall have our vlog up soon.
-Tyrell & Whitney White