Final Fantasy XIII demo planned
Wednesday 23-Jan-2008 8:29 AM ...to give you a taster of the new battle system
Square Enix promises that "2008 will be the year" for new info (and maybe the release?) of the latest in its epic RPG series, Final Fantasy XIII, as it reveals plans to release a demo, according to snippets of info from Japanese Famitsu and Dengeki magazines.
Not even a rough date was given for the demo, only that it main objective will be to give fans a hands-on with the new battle system.
The only hint of the full game's release was the quote: "I wonder when we'll be able to sleep...". Eh? We plan to have a kip tonight - is that when it's coming out?
Because we know you FF fans are keen on the smallest of details, here's a few more tid-bits plucked from the translations of the Japanese mags, courtesy of FF-XIII.net. -
-Nomura: "2008 will be the year. There will be tons of news bits, info on characters and summons, and an unexpected connection between the keywords Cocoon and Farushi.
- We're aiming for a demo to give players a hands on on the battle system.
- FF13's theme: determination.
- Farushi: Their existence surpasses humans.
- Rushi: Those chosen by Farushi to carry out a mission. The pigtail girl is a Rushi. Farushi is not the Crystal.
- Mr. 33cm is also a Rushi.
- This time summons are in digital form.
- A new monster that looks like a cross between a turtle and elephant.
- The red thing on Carbuncle's head is a ruby.
- Hint on release date: "I wonder when we'll be able to sleep..."