How's arc the lad 3 supposed to be, anyway? People seemed to like it less than 2, but I can't recall if they had valid reasons or if it was just stupid crap.
It's the worst of the Collection, but it's still a half-decent game.
- it's completely mission-based, you can't progress without taking on a guild job so there's no real flow to the plot, and it's incredibly slow-paced.
- the main characters are rather clichéd, your typical bunch of adventurous children.
- they removed the jump skill, so there's less strategy involved with the placement of your characters, you can just leap over enemies to any square you want.
- only 4 characters in battle instead of 5.
- no weapon, armour or magic levels.
- the graphics have taken a turn for the worse, sprites aren't as well animated and having the backgrounds in pixellated 3d is pointless, since the camera angle never changes and you can't alter it manually either.
- the compositions aren't bad, but the instrumentation is really poor, Lunar PS1 quality synth.