Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them (aka ZoZo)
- After Terra goes super saiyan all over everyone's asses she flies off into the night sky like the petulant screeching harpy that she is and ends up in ZoZo.
- I originally decided to have my search party consist of
(for the healin'),
(for the stealin'),
(because he just learned Fire Dance which attacks all enemies) and
(because ???). But as soon as I made it to Kohlingen and remembered I could re-recruit Shadow for a low low extortionate fee, I ended up trekking all the back to Narshe so I could dump Gau and free up an extra party slot.
- Jidoor is stupid and annoying in the WoB.
- Once I made it to ZoZo I immediately realized that I was in for a rough go of it. First off, HadesGigas
will often shoot off a Magnitude8 spell (which can't be absorbed by Celes' rune) upon being defeated for massive damage. This got me into a real mp crunch trying to keep everyone healed while climbing up the tower to fetch Terra.
- Second off, even though Locke suuuuuuucks, I have some strange need to keep him in my party at all times. I think I'm just a junkie for trying to steal things. Luckily, his crap stats are somewhat mitigated by being able to equip him with a ranged weapon (full moon) and stick him in the back row. Then you can sort of double down on mitigating his weaknesses by also equipping the thief glove which turns "steal" into "capture" and lets you attack and steal at the same time*.
- Thirdly, I completely forgot what the clock had to be reset to in order to grab Edgar's chainsaw, so I had to actually go talk to everyone, write down the lies they told and solve the puzzle manually. This took a while but actually helped me level up some more without grinding.
- Finally I also forgot that Dadalama
was a thing (and a boss) until the bossfight music kicked in. So I was out of mp and completely unprepared, whoops. Honestly though, this sort of worked in my favor since Dadalama does this stupid thing where if you hit him with a spell too many times he does a sort of dragoon attack and jumps off the screen and you're left only fighting the two iron fists
he keeps summoning over and over. The only reason this fight ended in my favor was because I had a dozen potions left in my inventory (which I had celes use every turn) and because Sabin's Fire Dance could one shot both of Dadalama's cronies at the same time. Beyond that, it was simply a matter of having Shadow spam his shuriken (600 damage) and hoping Locke could capture something good (just a shitty Jewel Ring).
- Reached the top. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Ramuh commits suicide and no one is like "holy shit, did that guy just kill himself?" We still don't get Terra back.
* does anyone know off hand if your attack during "capture" is affected by being in the back row? I think it ignores which row Locke is in but I can't really be sure.
- A few questions before I'm wisked off to the Opera House (and the crazy conductor guy flapping like a hyperactive bird in front of the stage https://youtu.be/nEuf9ZSJrdg?t=43s
) . I nabbed a Fire Knuckle for Sabin in a chest in ZoZo. Since it casts fire when he attacks it's off limits for me to equip, but I was wondering if it's still ok for me to sell it (an item I'm intentionally pretending doesn't exist) or if you all think I should I just discard those kinds of items as soon as I find them?
- Why in the world do all of my party members have mp now? I know that practically it's so they can use summons before they've learned any spells, but the overbearing nerd it in me is screaming that since magic doesn't exist outside of a few people in the WoB it doesn't make sense for any of them to have mp until AFTER they've learned a spell from the green magic corpse shards.