Aaaaaaand now I am catching up on the Kingsglaive episode because I finally saw the film!
First of all, let me say I really enjoyed the movie, despite recognizing its flaws. Thoughts:
- Yeah, what the heck WERE these "demon" things? Why does the Empire have them? It was cool to see them, they were pretty epic and amazing. But they definitely could have used some explanation. For Judge Glaucoma (he's totally a Judge) you can mentally fill-in a "Magitek" hand-wave explanation, but not those giant monsters. They're just there.
- Props for using/inventing the term "emboobened", @Taelus
- Why DOES Movie Luna look so different from Game Luna?? Whose idea was that?
- I might donate a buck or two to hear @Dice
do a Libertus impersonation again (who really was the worst voice in the movie by a mile).
- GAH! Ardyn's big wing thing was dumb! GRRR! If XV were a PS1 game, that wing thing would be neat. But Kingsglaive is a "realistic" CG movie set in a "realistic" world, so an actual person walking around with that wing stuck to him.... oy. Dumb.
- I'll just go on record as saying I liked Luna in this movie and didn't really buy basically ANY of your criticisms about how she is portrayed/written. Loved the Crowe story arc as well, it genuinely touched my heart.
The fact that "Stella" was even brought up at all made me roll my eyes so hard.
- Literally none of you pronounced "malboro" correctly. No shame, just hilarious! Stupid name for a monster. :D
- Advent Children Complete is a lot of fun, and I enjoy it, despite it being.... bad. But Spirits Within has almost nothing of value to offer in the plot.
- Thanks for (ANOTHER!) great podcast guys, even though I am like 5 months late on this. Glad there was a good mix of positivity in amongst the criticisms, although I thought the whole thing could have stood to be a tad less cynical. You guys do great, great work and it's often thankless, so let me say again how much I appreciate this podcast.