Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« Reply #1590 on: March 10, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
@Arvis How do I award you all the possible likes in the universe for that?

@Starmongoose How do I award you all the possible USUKs in the universe for that?

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 10, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »
FedEx? I dunno.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 10, 2017, 11:31:47 AM »
FedEx? I dunno.
Damnit, we need a button here for that!

Seeing as this is all spinning off topic, I'm gonna at least make a relevant post this time. I am somewhat disheartened by the obvious pulling of the story segment with gladio taking a mini break for the upcoming dlc. I'm already very skeptical on dlc purchases outside of expansions and the occasional costume dlc, but I opted for this because of all the extras being talked about regarding the game. To fully realize that this dlc segment was  in the game originally, or at the very least completely designed to be dlc during the game's development and not included in the story just to sell it later, does feel like a kick in the nether region. I know there's obviously concepts that come up during development that can't be fleshed out completely before release that become dlc and expansion fuel, but it doesn't take the sting off when it's as blatant as this is. I'm gonna play it of course, I mean I bought the season pass and gladio is the ultimate badass, but I'm definitely gonna download it with a very wide frowny face on.

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 10, 2017, 11:49:49 AM »
FedEx? I dunno.

They'll just beat the shit out of it. ...Which I assume Star would want in that situation, anyway.

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #1594 on: April 10, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »
So, after a long road I beat the game a few weeks ago and I wrote my review for it in my blog.
If anyone's interested to check it out I appreciate it.

In short, given how low this game was in development it turned out great! I just wish the story was a bit more fleshed out, like the occupation of the city, what exactly happened to Ardyn and a little more care free dialogues between the party.

The Chrono Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 02, 2017, 06:50:55 PM »
I like the game overall. I see it as a good direction for the series to move forward, coming from someone who thought that XIII is in his bottom 3 FF, while it still had some neat ideas. I like the fact that some story elements are more subtle, which enables you to have your own interpretations, like the ending or all those Pitios Ruins theories, for example. What worries me is that is seems to have been a ploy to cut some story content to sell later as DLC as that recent poll seems to suggest. So this I think this game would be in the middle in my best / worst list, but it makes me optimistic for XVI and the VII remake.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 18, 2017, 11:11:05 PM »
Yeah well actually I guess I would put this one just past FF8... making it the best FF ever I suppose.. slight change of opinion and all.

The reasoning for this is I revisited FF8 last weekend and now I realize that the end of FF8 completely tailed off whereas FF15 dramatically accelerated.

Up until that point I think FF8 was a lot more mystical and charming.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:14:03 PM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 18, 2017, 11:24:46 PM »
I like the game overall. I see it as a good direction for the series to move forward, coming from someone who thought that XIII is in his bottom 3 FF, while it still had some neat ideas. I like the fact that some story elements are more subtle, which enables you to have your own interpretations, like the ending or all those Pitios Ruins theories, for example. What worries me is that is seems to have been a ploy to cut some story content to sell later as DLC as that recent poll seems to suggest. So this I think this game would be in the middle in my best / worst list, but it makes me optimistic for XVI and the VII remake.

Yeah this is my FF list from favorite to least, with FF12 being unrated because it was incomplete (but still enjoyable to play)

FF15
FF8
FF9
FF4
FF3
FF14 Original
FF14 Heavensward
FF2
FF6
FF1
FF7
FF13
FF13-2
FF13-3
FFX
FFX-2
FFXI (Sorry Hathen and other FFXI fans.. just couldn't get into it >.<)

Anyway I guess I don't have anything current to add, I didn't play Episode Prompto or interest in Ignis because I never play DLC but I guess people seem to like them.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:27:07 PM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 19, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »
It never rains but it posts. Admittedly the SP RPG board has been pretty quiet for the last week or so (probably because a lot of us have become Mobile Scum), so I'm not going to say that this is a bad thing (other than the double posting).

That being said, I've noticed a distinct lack of FF5 in that list.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 19, 2017, 09:57:15 AM »
It never rains but it posts. Admittedly the SP RPG board has been pretty quiet for the last week or so (probably because a lot of us have become Mobile Scum), so I'm not going to say that this is a bad thing (other than the double posting).

The only scum is one who doesn't even acknowledge FFV as one of the best FFs...after VI, VII, XV, IX, and X.

TASTY!

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 19, 2017, 10:45:45 AM »

The only scum is one who doesn't even acknowledge FFV as one of the best FFs...after VI, VII, XV, IX, and X.

FF XV is more towards the lower middle for me (Still great though) otherwise, I completely agree. VI, VII, X, IX, V are my top five FF games. Especially after recently revisiting FF V.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 19, 2017, 10:48:26 AM »

FF XV is more towards the lower middle for me (Still great though) otherwise, I completely agree. VI, VII, X, IX, V are my top five FF games. Especially after recently revisiting FF V.
I loved the broship brotrip of Final Brotasy BroTeen, The Bro-ening. It'd be my favorite if I wasn't such a nostalgia whore about VI and VII.

TASTY!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 20, 2017, 03:07:48 AM »
Middle of the road for me, too, but I'm sort of the FF whore who has all but 2 mainline FF games on his top 100 games list...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 21, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »
Middle of the road for me, too, but I'm sort of the FF whore who has all but 2 mainline FF games on his top 100 games list...

This sounds like me.  I'm an uber-sucker for anything FF.

EDIT:  Also, X-2 is Top 5 FF.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:12:22 PM by Arvis »
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 29, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »
I played FF5 for awhile cause someone had it and it was ok for the time I got to play it, I really don't even know where they got it though it just wasn't really accessible I guess so I never played it all.

Well anyway the important thing for me I guess is I prefer pretty much all the FFs over most other JRPGs, so sometimes I feel sort of silly comparing them to each other.