Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #645 on: August 16, 2017, 10:38:02 AM »
Gonna try Hero Fest again, probably my last chance before it goes unless we magically get like 15 free orbs tomorrow.

3* Subaki: You're perfectly annoying, is what.
3* Lissa: Rehabilitate would be nice, but I'd have to waste 2000 feathers to unlock it.
5* Karel: Oh joy, another red sword, I really needed more.
3* Cherche: +RES, so she's useless.
4* Barst: I ran out of Repositions a while ago so this is okay I guess.

EDIT: Sat down and did my Arena Assault run for the week. I swear it took me like 40 tries before I got a perfect run. It's really awful running into Wings of Mercy, Reinhardt, BladetomeSpam and Dancers just about every single team, and I'm down to using shitty 4* units like Est to fill out my teams. All that and I'm still only rank ~1400, which I'm sure will drop through the week (though I'm probably safely in the 1000-5000 bracket). It's not going to be fun needing to do this every week.

In my winning run I got a full Dragon team on the last round, which was a real godsend because I could just use just Masked Marth to kill almost all of them (Nowi was taken out by Kagero). Had to use two items throughout too, used a Fear Charm and Pressure Charm. Personally I find there are some items way better than others. I think Elixir/Fortifying Horn are useless, Blade/Boots/Tear/Lightning have limited use, Dancer's Veil is good if you have a high mobility unit, Panic Charm's use is obvious, and Fear/Pressure Charm are completely broken.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:00:27 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 17, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
Just ran the numbers and Amelia is fucking ridiculous. 30s in every stat short of Res with 22 and HP for 47. Granted she rates fairly low for HP, Def and Res compared to the other Armors, but her Spd is higher than Draug's at a decent 34 and she's not saddled with a Brave Weapon. Her Atk is only slightly worse than Zephiel's, and with her Slayer weapon and enough Spd to double motherfuckers with it, she's got the offense. And of course, being the Trainee that she is, her Rating is a whopping 173 which gives Armor Emblem the lead over Dragon Emblem, especially since she's solving the Armor's greatest weakness of crap mobility (although 1~2 counter proliferation is on the Dragon's side).

Innes fared fairly well too as he's basically Niles+. For a few less HP and Def, he completely dominates him in Atk, and that's before factoring in his Prf or its effect over Niles' garbage bow and after factoring in Fortress Res. And of course he comes with Cancel Affinity to dick over Etruinian and Grimeal Scum.

Tana is basically a Blue Flying variant on Summer Tiki but trades Def for Spd which probably is a losing trade given Tikini's general bulkiness allowing her to survive and fuck up Red counters, not that Tana could realistically facetank as well anyways given her Flier weakness.

And Seth follows the trend set by Jagen and Titania of being a mediocre unit that'll probably get outclassed sooner or later. Seal Atk/Def is amazing though and hopefully he'll become an Uncommon just for that.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 17, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
Amelia is making Armour Emblem look even more out of reach. Before her, it was Hector or best. Only lucky people and whales have Hectors. Now it'll probably be Hector AND Amelia or bust. Only really lucky people and whales have both.

And Seth follows the trend set by Jagen and Titania of being a mediocre unit that'll probably get outclassed sooner or later. Seal Atk/Def is amazing though and hopefully he'll become an Uncommon just for that.

Titania has found her niche, though. I see her often enough in Horse Emblem teams with a Brave Axe+. A neutral one can reach a speed of 39 with the right buffs, meaning she'll can double most of the units she needs to double.

Not that I'll ever get to try that. I only get 4* axe users I already have several of... Actually, that goes for green units in general. I'd love to have a Boey or Soren, or heck, a Merric will do, but the game is all like, hey, how about a ninth Cecilia?

Of course, now that I've said this, I'll get Boeys non-stop. That's how my roster was flooded with Laslows and Tikis...

Are they Christmas baubles Tomara?

Yep, and just like with FE Heroes, I only get to snipe them about once a week.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 17, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
So I re-installed this and started over. This time I plan to be a little less casual about actually playing the game and a little more casual about my orb pulls. That being said, I got quite the use out of my initial 18 orbs.

Did my free Hero Fest pull for some 3-star dud, and quit at that point

Did my free New Hero Focus pull for a 4-star Peri (my new favorite character), then almost quit at that point but did another pull on a whim for a 5-star Sanaki then a third for a 4-star Felicia

Finally, did my free Tempest Trial pull or whatever, got a three star, and did a few more pulls for some more 3-stars (including another Felicia) and a 5-star Gray.

So my starting team is 5-star Sanaki, 5-star Gray, 4-star Peri, and 4-star Felicia

No idea how to check for +/- stats.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 17, 2017, 02:49:44 PM »

This one is the easiest to use, IMO: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stats_Calculator

If you click on the portrait, you're transported to the character page where you'll find suggestions for builds, some based on the banes/boons.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 17, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »

This one is the easiest to use, IMO: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stats_Calculator

If you click on the portrait, you're transported to the character page where you'll find suggestions for builds, some based on the banes/boons.

Okay, yeah, I don't really care that much. Thought it was something in the game.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 18, 2017, 07:28:19 AM »
In retrospect if the game came out today, I might actually spend time rerolling my account over and over until I got a Hector. But then I'm probably underestimating how long it'd take for that to happen.

You got a pretty good starting team though, with two 5*s. I think I was like a week into the game before I got my first 5*, and it was Roy, who sucks more than his incarnation in his home game, because at least there the Binding Blade was probably the most broken weapon in the entire series.

Also New Bladetome banner. Tempting, but I'm saving my orbs now for Summer Corrin, and a 15-orb roll on Sacred Stones if I'm lucky. Got 3* Fir on my free pull.

EDIT: 5*'d that Raven I pulled a bit back. I'm pretty satisfied with him, he's quad-ing decently often. Legion seems to be a more popular choice for Brave Axeing, but that would take 5*ing two characters, and I like Raven better anyway. Also my Raven has a SPD boon which makes him faster than Legion, making him better at the whole quad-ing thing, and Legion has lot of his BST dumped into HP, which makes him worse at hitting Desperation range.

Also tried pulling for Summer Corrin but got 2 3* Subakis instead. I really wish the guy could at least give Quick Riposte 3 at 4*.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:49:44 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 19, 2017, 11:14:22 PM »
Pulled for Late Summer, got 2 useless peg knights (3 star Est and Florina), a 4 star Lukas with almost good traits (+Def/-Atk, I'd rather he nuke Spd, but his job is Def so I'll take it unless I pull a better one someday), a 3 star Palla (to replace the 3 star I burned to make room for the pull (at least Catria can now get onto Team Flier Emblem), and a 4 star Nino (that isn't replacing my current Level 40 4 star Nino).

Also took my freebie Blade banner pull and got a 4 star Lon'qu. My previous 4 star Lon'qu has better traits (+Def/-Spd versus +HP/-Def).

Currently, just shy of 64k in T_T.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 20, 2017, 04:38:12 AM »
I spent a stamina potion to get my Tempest score up to 95k and get myself a rounded 20 orbs.

4* Est: I guess I should take all these 4* Ests I have and merge them, she has no other use anyway. Defiant Res is worthless and while Seal Spd can find its place on a couple builds, she doesn't even get level 3 for it at 4*. Bleh. Even her weapon sucks. Or I guess I could send them home and get some feathers.
4* Nowi: Already have a +SPD -RES one, which I think is one of the best sets on her. This one's -ATK too. Though she does have Threaten Res 3 and I've been wanting that, so that's nice.
5* Hinoka: Well, there goes my pity rate. There are definitely worse ways to end this escapade, I have no 5* fliers and she's the only unit with Hone Fliers. On top of that, she's -HP +SPD, which is probably not ideal because her SPD at 40 with the Brave Lance will sit at an awkward 30, but it's probably one of the better sets she can have and I should be thankful she's not -ATK or something.
3* Beruka: Decided to keep pulling to see if my pity rate would cash in. Not so.
3* Draug: At least I can promote him for Ward Armor eventually.

That's probably my last pull for Nohrian Scummer. With the upcoming daily login bonus I'll get enough to pull again before the banner ends, but it's probably better spent on the Sacred Stones banner since the Summer banner is still stuck with the old 4* rates.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 20, 2017, 04:48:53 AM »
I spent a stamina potion to get my Tempest score up to 95k and get myself a rounded 20 orbs.

5* Hinoka: Well, there goes my pity rate. There are definitely worse ways to end this escapade, I have no 5* fliers and she's the only unit with Hone Fliers. On top of that, she's -HP +SPD, which is probably not ideal because her SPD at 40 with the Brave Lance will sit at an awkward 30, but it's probably one of the better sets she can have and I should be thankful she's not -ATK or something.

That 30 is only awkward intil you take the buffs into account. +4 makes it a pretty okay 34. She'll be able to double a decent amount of units with that. You could even trade in Defiant Def. for something that boosts speed because she should be getting a def boost from her Flyer Emblem buddies anyway.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 20, 2017, 06:03:18 AM »
Definitely going to trade in Defiant Def eventually, but I'm always on a shortage of both Hinatas and Hanas. I think what annoys me is how Hinoka is just a straight up worse version of Cordelia. She has equal attack and less speed in exchange for some extra HP and DEF which probably isn't going to save her from anything. IIRC they were both in the game from the start, so it's dumb they didn't realize that (I doubt they didn't already decide that skill inheritance would be a thing). They both come with Brave Lance too, so even if I wanted to build them differently it would cost another 5* unit. Really wish the Fates team would've given the lady royals some legendary weapons, but I guess Lobster Samurai and Cotton Candy Fetishman were already breaking that game enough.

I have a -HP +SPD Cordelia, so if I ever came into possession of Life and Death 3, it might do me better to give it to Cordelia and then promote her instead of Hinoka. Of course, I have like 4 or 5 units that would love Life and Death 3 including the Raven I just promoted, and that's on top of the fact that I'm not crazy about killing off 5* units for their skills. Did it with Genny and still kinda regret it.

Plus one of the Life and Death 3 units is Minerva, who is the only unit with Ward Fliers. The Flier buffs in general are in really short supply. Hone and Ward are both only on one unit, and Fortify comes on a 4-5* unit (and Summer Corrin). Goad's the only common one but I guess you can at least stack that.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 20, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »
Yay, I got myself some Nohrian scum! Granted, Summer Corrin is -spd and therefore a huge disappointment, but whatever. I'll fix that 31 speed one way or another. Besides, she'll be spending a lot of time with Bunny Camilla, and I think we can all agree that is punishment enough. I'm going to love hating my Flyer Emblem team.

In other news, I was looking for a unit to sacrifice fodder to and am now well on my way to building an +atk Quadsuna. Biggest challenge will be getting a Brave Bow+. Those are very expensive...

My T_T news: I'm on track to hit 80,000 points today, so 99,999 should be easily reached before the deadline.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 21, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »
Has Tomara gotten Takumi yet?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 21, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »
No, Tomara has not.

If this continues, I'll have some stupid special version of him before I get the regular one.

T_T news: have been using hard mode to level up Summer Corrin, Clive, the Tharja I didn't want and some Cherche I intend to make a member of team Wing. Now I'm able to efficiently get them to a high level and meet my daily quotum.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 21, 2017, 03:55:21 PM »
Since Tempest Trials is finally somewhat tolerable, I was able to finally make my goal of getting all Seals and 5* units. I'll probably got to 50k and be happy.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D