Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

ironmage and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #660 on: August 22, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »
I've continued past 100k, hoping to get to rank >5000 before this is over. I'm going to guess rank 1-1000 requires an absurd score not remotely worth the time investment. I'm somewhat close, but there's a lot of shuffling every day. Not much to spend stamina on regardless- I'll have a couple days to do Valter and plenty of time to grind up Hinoka after Tempest ends.

In the meantime I've been getting HM on Clive and Berkut. I figure I might as well do that for them now, when they get their big stat boosts since they're unimpressive units otherwise (Celica's capped long ago but she's still in since she gives the bonus and all). I've heard some people say Clive's worse than Berkut, but that's not been my experience at all. The only thing I needed to give Clive was Bonfire from one my extra Robins and he's been pretty great at dealing with other physical units. Berkut's base kit is terrible and the only way I could imagine making him functional is making him a Brave Lancer since he has a pretty nice ATK stat.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 23, 2017, 11:44:48 AM »
Made some room in my baracks. I will now attempt to summon someone who is not Seth from the Sacred Stones banner.

Three green, two red.

4* Cherche - Egh... whatever.

3* Cherche - Stop stalking me!

Final one for now.

5* Camilla - Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...! That is exactly the opposite of what I wanted! I wanted a little girl drowning in her own armour, not a pair of tits being strangled by some metal scraps that are supposed to be armour but are certainly not!

On the upside, she's +atk, -res.

But maybe I'll just feed her to my good Cherche. The only thing Camilla is going to double is her backpain, so I might as well go with a green flyer with more attack power.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 23, 2017, 11:47:35 AM »
I'm already just saving my orbs in case there's some neat Halloween themed units coming in October.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 23, 2017, 11:53:36 AM »
I'm going to save up a little too, but the Sacred Stones banner has two very interesting units and a good archer. These are all things I need.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 23, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »
Pulled for Scummer once more. Got 3 blue, a red and a green which netted me a Summer Elise and a bunch of crap. At least I pulled a 5 star who actually has great traits for once (+Spd/-Def) and she can help me train up all those Green Mages like Cecilia, Nino, Boey, or Female Robin (oh wait, I have all of those trained to 5 star Level 40 aside from Nino and F!Robin who're at 4 star Level 40).

Well, she can help me finish training my Merric (who's currently at level 30-something 4 star). Maybe if I pull a Julia, Sonya or Soren she could help them out.

Either way that wipes out my 4.something% pity rate. I'm still gonna try for Summer Corrin though because dammit, I want that Flying Tome (also because getting her would complete my Bikini Party Summer; and at the very least, I still suspect that seasonal pulls are a one-time only deal, even if I have to suffer bad rates), even though I've only got 3 Orbs left to T_T mkIII. On that note, I've finally managed to bump myself up to Tier 19 in the last round of Arena which is good because I get to keep that extra Orb income for once.

Btw, does Eliwood's Durandal's effect still stack with Death Blow 3? Because I have this Klein burning a hole in my Barracks and I still need a good A skill on Eliwood.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 24, 2017, 01:38:26 AM »
Well, Summer Elise gives Green Tome SP and not EXP, so you might still get some use out of her for your level 40s if you need some skills on them still. As for Summer Elise herself, she's almost identical to Nino, most notable difference being her ATK and SPD are flipped, so she's worse with a Bladetome. Still nice to have around since Arena Assault spams Reinhardts at you though.

With all the new Orbs we can get from the new Turn Limit Stages I'm also considering sinking into Scummer before it goes away. Have to decide between that or getting a 15-orb full pull from Sacred Stones. The Sacred Stones character I want the most is probably L'Arachel so I could always wait for her to show up (watch her be a staffbot though).

Also, yeah Death Blow stacks on Durandal- it's probably the most common A skill people run on Eliwood since it makes him a crazy strong initiator. I have Fury on mine because I've only ever pulled one Klein.

I'm going to save up a little too, but the Sacred Stones banner has two very interesting units and a good archer. These are all things I need.

They're probably going to constantly try to one-up themselves with how good the units are with each banner, so if you're tempted by the Sacred Stones banner for non-character-related reasons you should get used to that. Also yeah, Cherche is probably the best Brave Axe user in the game so if you have a +ATK one she'd like it from Camilla. Camilla's stat spread is balanced , so Brave Axe is like the worst weapon they could've given her. I think a lot of people either give her Killer Axe or Emerald Axe if they really want to use her.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 24, 2017, 06:06:05 AM »
They're probably going to constantly try to one-up themselves with how good the units are with each banner, so if you're tempted by the Sacred Stones banner for non-character-related reasons you should get used to that. Also yeah, Cherche is probably the best Brave Axe user in the game so if you have a +ATK one she'd like it from Camilla. Camilla's stat spread is balanced , so Brave Axe is like the worst weapon they could've given her. I think a lot of people either give her Killer Axe or Emerald Axe if they really want to use her.

I gave her Seal Defense 3 so that she could tank and debuff non-bow 2 range units since her Def and Res aren't bad and the +6/+6 Def/Res buff is generally more available than the other non-Palla ones.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 25, 2017, 05:07:43 AM »
Got rank ~4200 in Tempest, but I actually needed to drop a stamina potion towards the end so I wouldn't drop below 5000. People were really hammering it those last few hours.

Anyway I did the Turn Limit maps. Most were bulldozed without much problem with Horse Emblem, but goddamn is map 3 with the armors annoying. Also leveled up Karel and Hinoka a bit.

Choose Your Legends announcement is coming on 8/28, so I'm going to hold onto these orbs I just got, since the Scummer/Sacred Stones banner will still be around after that. They sure are making it hard to decide what I should do with my orbs.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 25, 2017, 06:16:32 AM »
Got rank 3817 in the T_T (about 140k+ IIRC; it also took me roughly 12 Stamina Drinks all said and done) for 8k feathers on top of all the daily stuffs and the tiered rewards. Which helps to offset my promoting Berkut to 5 star for reasons of 'just because' (and also to take advantage of the T_T boosts), which was in of itself not the most well conceived plan in this game as I didn't get him up to level 40 (at least there are bigger wastes of 20k feathers than a subpar GHeBer who's yet to have his ReGHeB).

As for my quest for my Bikini Party Summer, goddammit FEH! That's the wrong scantily clad female. Also stop giving me jailbait. At least Dragon Emblem is now officially a go. Traits are +Def/-HP for what its worth (not terrible actually since HP is still pretty good while +Def shores up a weakness, though I still would prefer +Atk or +Spd). Still gonna try for Scorrin if I can get enough orbs together in time, though my chances aren't looking so good anymore.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 28, 2017, 12:20:33 AM »
Yep, I'm definitely going to be saving my Orbs for CYL. Roy looks to be a better Eliwood, Ike facetanks brave weapons, and Lyn is another archer designed to kill Bladetomes and ignores distant counter...and she's on a horse. Lucina's probably the least interesting unit this time IMO. I probably should've had more self-control and saved my orbs for this instead of wasting it on Nohrian Scum, especially considering how I didn't even get the prize unit for that banner. Oh well, at least we're getting a decent amount of orbs over the next few days.

So, we get to have a free CYL 5* unit of our choice. Hoping that'll be a separate thing from the banner itself so we can just pull out of the banner and then decide later which free unit we want. If we have to choose first I'll probably go for Lyn though, because she's probably the most interesting unit, I can avoid colorless hell, and FE7 characters are life.

That being said, I did my free pull of Sacred Stones and got a 3* Arthur.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 28, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »
Yep, I'm definitely going to be saving my Orbs for CYL. Roy looks to be a better Eliwood, Ike facetanks brave weapons, and Lyn is another archer designed to kill Bladetomes and ignores distant counter...and she's on a horse. Lucina's probably the least interesting unit this time IMO. I probably should've had more self-control and saved my orbs for this instead of wasting it on Nohrian Scum, especially considering how I didn't even get the prize unit for that banner. Oh well, at least we're getting a decent amount of orbs over the next few days.

So, we get to have a free CYL 5* unit of our choice. Hoping that'll be a separate thing from the banner itself so we can just pull out of the banner and then decide later which free unit we want. If we have to choose first I'll probably go for Lyn though, because she's probably the most interesting unit, I can avoid colorless hell, and FE7 characters are life.

That being said, I did my free pull of Sacred Stones and got a 3* Arthur.

Yeah, Lucina's got some hilarious buffing potential (+3/+6 Atk/Spd Aura; potentially +7/+6, +3/+10 or +6/+9 with Rallies before Seals or Allies) but nothing that'll make her stand out above the rest beyond a free Def+3 skill baked into her weapon, meanwhile Roy can potentially stack Cooldown reducing effects for near constant Galeforce shenanigans on top of having a +19 Mt weapon, Ike can shutdown the various Emblem teams and Braves and/or anybody relying upon excessive Spd/counter Special activations, and Lyn is now the third unit in the game that can sport a mounted Brave weapon on top of being able to shutdown Distant Counter again (although she can't stack that with Cancel Affinity for maximum 'screw the rules').

As for the choosening, it'll be handled separately than the usual as it's giving us only 4 orbs to pick from (one of each color guys; I bet that was totally random and completely not planned #douchebagging #donaldtweet) with faces to further identify which character you're getting. It'll look like this:

As for my freebie pick, take a wild guess.

Also, lol at the CYL designs being a Promotion, two Daddy Boy variants and a Breast Cup + Mane ("She stuck a feather in her ponytail and called it Macaroni!"). At least we've finally got a western localization for Mulagir (formerly Murgleis).

Also also, the VG is actually kinda interesting in that while Lyn was the winner of CYL, she only won on the technicality of Ike's vote getting split due to his two appearances compared to her one (although they would've been kinda close). Meanwhile, we're still walking off the sugar rush and subsequent salted caramels that was last VG's upsets known as Summer Gaius. Plus Ike and Lyn wont face off until the very last round unlike the last two VGs where the strongest match ups were at the start. Now is the time to finally choose between numbers or waifu.

In progress news, I've more or less finished August's Missions (just three more runs with Mounted Emblem), the Speed Battles and Valter's non-Infernal GHeB. And while I could try to finish Valter now, the idea of running CYL Lyn on top of the rest of Horse Emblem makes me want to hold off until the ReGHeB in December or something.

Instead I think I'm going to try for more Orbs and September Missions (even though the Sacred Seals missions are only netting me more Orbs/Feathers).

Also gonna keep trying for the last part of Bikini Party Scummer, my current pull didn't land me anybody from the Focus, but it did net me a 4 star Tharja, Gunter and Seliph (I'm finally on the board for Jugdral) as well as a replacement Setsuna to the one I fed Xander for the GHeB. All in all, not bad, but can I do better in time?

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 28, 2017, 03:36:53 AM »
I think I'll go for a free Lyn and then aim for Ike with my orbs. There are a lot of green units I don't have yet, even 4*s I really, really want, so that option is the least likely one to end in disappointment.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 28, 2017, 04:35:06 AM »
Mulagir and Murgleis are actually the same thing if I'm not mistaken, but most games I've played go with Murgleis. Guess they wanted to go with the even more foreign-sounding one since Hanon's from Sacae (or they wanted to troll fan translators). Does make me wonder if we ever get an Elibe remake if they'll rectify the mistake of Lyn being shit at killing the dragon because Sol Katti plinks against its scales.

Roy getting Durandal makes decent enough sense since he can use it in FE6 if you really want him to, but I'm still kinda mad that the Binding Blade in Heroes is trash despite probably being the most broken weapon in the entire series.

In terms of progress I've 5*'d one my Xanders because despite the overload of red swords, he's just too good of a unit to not have for the relatively low cost he takes. I also 4*'d a Laslow and Donnel with decent boons, and gave the former a Brave Sword. Laslow's just a worse Grey at this point, but he's a superior husbando so I'll keep him around.

Also 2 new free pulls from the Voting Gauntlet banners. I'm actually kinda tempted to dump Orbs to try to get a Hector from the guys banner, but I'll hold off since there's a much better chance of Hector appearing in a future banner over the CYL units. Got a 3* Frederick...and a 5* Marth. Dammit, can't I at least get one of the cool red swords? Well, I guess having the series mascot is nice enough, and he's +HP -DEF, which isn't good but at least it's not -ATK or -SPD.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 28, 2017, 07:36:23 AM »
Mulagir and Murgleis are actually the same thing if I'm not mistaken, but most games I've played go with Murgleis. Guess they wanted to go with the even more foreign-sounding one since Hanon's from Sacae (or they wanted to troll fan translators). Does make me wonder if we ever get an Elibe remake if they'll rectify the mistake of Lyn being shit at killing the dragon because Sol Katti plinks against its scales.

Hence my comment about Mulagir being formerly known as Murgleis. But yeah, both Mulagir and Durandal were both weapons of the 8 Heroes in the Elibe games along with Hector's Armadas, Athos' Forblaze and Aureola (and Zephiel's transforming Sword/Lance Eckesachs) which is why they're so powerful compared Blazing Sword's S-rank weapons (stuff like Lloyd's Regal Blade, Rex Hasta and Basilikos, Reinflech and Luce to name a few) and Sol Katti has the unfortunate distinction of being a similar discount legendary compared to the real deals which is why it lacks the Dragon Slaying effective damage (not that Effective Damage meant much in the GBA era), with the fact that its straight up awful being sort of an unintended side effect (along with the whole, females getting screwed over in terms of Con, Gendered Caps, Numbers and Proneness to Naivety during that era).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 29, 2017, 09:56:22 AM »
I can only assume they went with the whole Sol Katti thing because none of the established legendary weapons from FE6 really "matched" with Lyn's swordmaster motif. It's still weird they didn't let you have the option of passing the Durandal to her though, I mean in the unused data of the game they even had a whole set of animations all ready for it.

along with the whole, females getting screwed over in terms of Con, Gendered Caps, Numbers and Proneness to Naivety during that era

One thing I always found kinda interesting was looking up the popularity votes for Fire Emblem 7, where they actually put out ratios for how the male players voted versus how the female players voted. The top slots were occupied by obvious choices like the leads and Nino, but most of them weighted towards male players (probably because of more male players in general). The character weighted favorably by women, as I recall, were Kent, Erk and Pent. Actually I don't think a single female character ended up having female-weighted votes. I'd really like to see how votes like that would look for Awakening or Fates characters- wonder if they've ever made any female characters that actually appeal to women?