Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1395 on: January 11, 2019, 11:25:55 PM »
Anti-Armor weapons that don't hit Res tend to not fare well against 5+ teams of attack range shadowing/Ward Armors sporting 50~60 Def. I have a Fury 3 +Atk Frederick I try to bring along, but even against these teams, he just doesn't have the firepower to safely/effectively drop even one Armor before getting dogpiled. Even if I threw in my 5 star +Atk TA 3 Selena, Bonkers, Miccy and Elise, they'd still flatten my ass due to the sheer momentum designed into these 'Rude' Goldberg AR Defs. And the worst part is that you can't even count on your sky fort for help because the wailords will always have a better fort to trump yours with. As we all said back at the start of this, IntSyst so irradiated AR with its Lyft loss mechanism, that the mode is Green with Gamma Radiation.

As for the story chapter thing, I will say this. There's nothing like having Laguz Kings powercreep your whale bait Dragon Armor, who you still manage to win against, only to get someone's shit wrecked by the boss of the book, and there's nothing you can do to stop her due to to being even more powercrept. Makes her into a much more credible threat, rather than just someone hiding behind bullshit invulnerability (hi Surtr and Book 1 Ike/Titania lol).

As for the plot itself though, "OMG! Alfonse NO!!! You can't be dying. Oh whatever shall we do!?" *COUGH COUGH* "Not now Fjorm! Can't you see we have a crisis on our hands!?"

As for the Firesweep + Null C-Disrupt bullshit. The only thing keeping it from being total dogshit is that there aren't any Firesweep Axes yet, because I can easily see Sheenas, Amelias or other lower end armors looking for a way to keep up despite their lack of a Prf or Berkut Lances.

GHeBit: Naesalsa was surprisingly easy for my Flier Emblem this time around. Just a quick poke and a reposition into position and the enemy basically suicides itself onto me.

Pitybreaker Edit: Goddammit, this is the sixth pity breaker I've pulled in a row. At least this time, Ylgr has things worth inheriting (unfortunately, she has way too much to inherit and no way of spreading out the love).

Pitybreaker Edit II: As the old saying goes "The surest way to fix a problem is to post about it online." As with the last remaining banner Ticket, I was able to pull a +Atk/-Spd Tibarn (one of my goals, even if he isn't Nailah)....and then I immediately get pity broken (such as it was) by Soleil, with my persistence towards nabbing at least one NY19 seasonal getting rewarded with a SECOND pitybreaking Soleil (at least I saved myself 40k Feathers, and even claimed a few WoMs, Repositions and a DB3 along the way). So I'm almost out of orbs, but I've given up on the NYOCs, fetched a King, filled in a few gaps, snagged some dece fodder, and got the fucking message, game.

Not worth the post edit: New Silhouettes are up and one of them is almost assuredly a Hotsprings themed Nina (runner-ups would be Mozu or Nah thanks to that hairtenna ruling out almost everyone else). Great. More fucking Fates Alts with a brand new garbage seasonal banner. I guess they had to make up for this year's NY banner going to the OCs.

As an lol, remember how everyone thought that Lazura was going to be busted? Well, turns out she's even more so than anyone expected, as IntSyst did not expect her to apply her Prayer Wheel blanket buff when paired with one of those Dance Buff skills. Fortunately, this isn't a huge, gamebalance breaking bug since almost nobody bothers with that when they use the combination Aerobatics/Flier Formation and an Atk Tactics in the C-slot instead.

Meanwhile there's 'still' no sign of CYL3 yet or a peep out of Tea House. As for my current projects, I've cleared Ursula Abyssal finally (leaving just Xander and F!Robin), I ranked 1st in my first round of GCN because of Horse Emblem (and I had a fantastic stage to run on for consistent 100% Infernal 2 clears) and thanks to that I'm now at Tier 21 and can start giving far less of a fuck for the other two rounds, I've gotten to the point in AR where I play to maintain my Lyft and the weekly shit and don't even bother with the rest, I'm actually ranking higher in AA now (one possibility being due to a shrinking player base), I went and made Miccy my Light Blessed hero for the quests because she's really good against the general AR meta, and I don't want to give up my Water Bless on my Arena team yet, and the usual Three Heroes bullshit is done and dusted for another 3 months.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:46:26 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 20, 2019, 04:55:31 AM »
People say the LAzura buff won't matter that much but I think it does, especially for defense teams. A decent amount of people are wising up to not running any sort of visible buffs because Aversa will just completely shut you down (unless you set it up reliably so your units will Rally before dancing or can survive a hit or two so they can get danced and lose panic), so being able to run all your C-slots as spur skills and LAzura automatically giving +5 to every stat on top of the extra movement makes her insane (Flier Olivia was already scary, LAzura is just that but worse). Flier Emblem gets its revenge for having Hone Fliers barred because they have the easiest access to any Goad/Ward combination- Horse Emblem can only get Goad off 5* Reinhardt or dumping Grails for Finn (also Goads suck for horses), whereas Goad Armor only appears on Vanilla Hector or dumping Grails for LAEliwood (and we're certainly nowhere near the point where we can just casually dump Grails for experimenting with rarer skills). This is on top of all the crazy Spur-style weapons that Flier Emblem has access to, most notably Camilla's, who is obviously pretty easy to access. Both of Hinoka's weapons can do some tricks too, and of course the recently-added Triangle Attack can easily be a ORKO on whoever eats it. A well set up Flier Emblem team is very hard to approach, and if you send an archer in to try to take pot shots you'll obviously have trouble getting out of threat range thanks to the aforementioned LAzura's threat range.

The "weakness" is that LAzura can cause teammates to overextend out of Goad/Ward ranges but Flier Formation tends to prevent that happening. Still, enemy phase units might have better luck depending on the setup, and I guess it's usually not as bad as going up against Ophelia I guess (though most Flier Emblem teams will have Ophelia on it anyway).

Also story bad. Sure didn't see that one coming. To their credit the recent Forging Bonds actually barely featured any Summoner circlejerking and instead featured new Heroes having conversations with the Askrs (of varying quality), so it looks like they took that feedback to heart. Also its been nine days and The Fonse is still trucking, so if they were trying to really surprise us they're not doing too hot with the timing here.

More Fates honestly wouldn't bother me that much if they would just inject some variety here. They had, on average, 1 Fates banner a month or something for the past year and they're still missing like a third of the first gen characters and I think more than half the child characters. Though I guess Selkie is basically guaranteed this year. Anyway Anniversary is coming up soon, so CYL3 and possibly A Hero Rises 2 is around the corner, so we'll get that at least. I'm still pinching my orbs for now, tempted to pull for Nailah but there's still like a week left before the banner ends, and we might get to find out of A Hero Rises is coming back- DC alone almost made Hector win last year, and Nailah has both that and the shiny new Null C-Disrupt (though unfortunately you can only pick one). Unless the new Mythic coming out soon is going to completely shit all over everything I'd say she's a prime candidate.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 20, 2019, 07:24:53 AM »
Fates in 2018 had at least 1 character show up in every month with the exception of June. And considering that late January 18 was when we got our second(.5) round of SS characters (and the first of that game's many alts since), moar Fates is a definite step back (especially after the triple whammy of September's Newbie Fates, November's Alt Fates banners and December being a total skip). Nevermind the fact that with February looking as dire as it does, its throwing that assurance about FE10 and 6 attention into a whole new light (i.e. it wasn't assurance towards neglected games, but FEH's non-altinerary itinerary for the next 6 months). It wouldn't even be so bad if they weren't constantly spamming the same 11+1 (the +1 is Kagero) Fates (non-ruling) Royals every time, but even our upcoming bathhouse banner is theorized to sport Sakura in her second alt. You could call this game Fates;Alt/Royal by now.

And yeah, busted Prayer Wheel straight up makes Lazura a full powercreep over both Falcolivia and Dazura (and the Valkyrie Lance got left out in the cold). You don't even really need anything more complicated than WoM/Dance Buff for a long reaching Lazura buff machine. It'll be a long ass time before the game powercreeps back to her level. Also, I keep forgetting that they made Ward Fliers accessible with Shigure as I've only picked up like 2 copies of the guy (and I 'still' haven't pulled a Legault yet; I'm swimming in Silvias, Soleils, Tailtius and M!Morgans and their mediocre SI options though).

The only good thing about the Book 3 story so far is that Hel is copying SotN-Dracula-sama as hard as she can. Unfortunately, its probably going to take a Ryoma alt (or possibly Dadfonse) for someone to shout something even remotely close to "Die Monster!" or "You do not belong in this world!".

But yeah, with this FB, the Laguz have been the one bright spot in this game since September (especially since the gag-side manga got around to the below).

(Its stupid that its taking a gag-side manga to cover stuff like this. But at least the ball isn't getting dropped completely.)

Bathhouse edit: To noone's surprise, this turned out to be some weak ass shit. I don't know what's sadder, the fact that Hoshido still can't get a banner to itself, or that we're getting a free Camilla for once. And apparently Hinoka was the one sporting the hairtenna. As for this edition of powercreep, Air Orders is Fliers Armor March (although it doesn't look like it affects the skill's holder) and Grandscratcher is a nasty piece of work for teams armed with low charge Special cannons.

But nevermind that shit because, CYL3 EDIT: CYL3 has begun.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:03:51 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 22, 2019, 06:26:50 AM »
Looks like this time they've finally grouped some of the characters together so Marth is very unlikely to be cheated out of a win this year (So pantsless NES Gladiator Marth is probably already in the works). Some like the Annas, Eliwood, Camus/Sirius/Zeke and Burger King don't get grouped together though- I mean, the lines are a little vague here but I do get the general idea of what they're going for, but if they're going to separate them like this I don't understand why they didn't put back Old Man Hector since they separated Eliwood- I imagine there's still some people who actually do want to see the beard on the guy even if we already have 4 Hectors (but then again we'll probably get him in March anyway).

I'd say in the end this mostly only benefits Marth though, a lot of FE1/3/11/12 and 4/5 characters get grouped together but I think people mostly voted guys like Leif to just get them into the game at all rather than for genuinely aiming for the CYL victory (though I guess Finn specifically has a lot of loyal fans so he might do okay). Also the ill-timed salt party for our new Fates bathhouse shenanigans probably means Camilla will get swept under the rug once again.

I'd say Marth and Alm are the prime candidates for males. Marth is obvious, whereas Alm has surprisingly gotten 0 alts so far so there's actually a demand for that, so he can probably inch out his strong competitors like Chrom and Robin M. The wildcards here are Helbendi and Hrid, I'd say- I think they've become surprisingly popular despite their relatively little characterization. I think it's mostly because they have neat, pretty easily identifiable concepts as opposed to relatively blank slates like Fjorm (in that Helbendi's your typical foul-mouthed ruffian with a heart of gold and Hrid's supposed to be this tragic figure who completely failed and watched almost everyone he cares about die). Also Reinhardt if people still plan on meme voting.

For female it's a bit more of a tossup I think. A lot of popular choices from the past year have been completely saturating us with alts, including Eirika, Azura, Corrin F and of course the aforementioned Camilla. Even Micaiah got an alt and if Yune-caiah really ends up being the Mythic this month it'll probably be the death knell for her. Even with that I'd say Eirika still has a decent shot though, there's just not a lot of Dark Horse candidates I can think of- the popular non-leading ladies like Nino and Tharja have alts too. I guess some of the OCs might have a shot, but I don't think as much as Helbendi/Hrid for guys. Plus they just got that New Year's banner.

All that being said, I think I'm mostly indifferent to contributing to the war in the top tiers and will probably do the same thing as last year and vote for minor characters I want to see added to the game- so probably same as last year, I'll put a lot of my votes into Niime. Some other characters like Gonzales, Rath, Haar, Ced, Tine, Arthur, or Mareeta would also be considerations, but I think pretty much all of those guys are near the top of the list whenever a banner for their respective games will come out, and not so much for Niime. Alternatively I could meme for Merlinus I guess.

Also as for the actual goings on, GC is feathertastic autobattling as usual and AR this week is off to a shaky start for me. Already used 1 ladder and I still lost 2 units over my 3 matches. I crunched the numbers a bit and making the cut to T21 is going to be strict even with me maxing my score by running a shitty team clogged with 2 Eirs. I pretty much have to hit every single Aether Fountain/Amphorae the rest of the week to ensure I don't miss out on a match, I can't lose more than maybe 1 unit a day, and to be safe I will hopefully get a kill or two on my defenses every day (though that's quite unlikely facing whales with super buffed up Light Blessed units).

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 22, 2019, 12:25:05 PM »
Good luck with your AR climb Hathen. We're at the point now where higher end players have enough Dew to invest in a Lv 3 Offense and Defense fort so don't expect any support from them (whales probably have enough to go Lv 2/Lv 4 on Offense/Defense if they're running enough bullshit).

As for CYL3 voting practices, my efforts are solely on backing the superior waifus. That means a vote for Ayra, at least one of the Lucias, Miranda, Larcei, Machyua, Karin, and then a wild card because fuck only having 7 votes (I'm going to lay off Olwen this year due to last year's 776's 'banner').

At any rate, I expect the declining player base to have a strong influence on the turnout this year as well as the recent addition of Beasts (although whether that means another year dominated by Fateshit is the real question; a strong barometric on who's still getting whaled). But unfortunately, the elephant in the room this year is once again Smash.

For males, yeah, Marth has the best chance this year, with Chrom, Alm and Bruno as runner ups (while I doubt that Reinhardt can ride the meme-train up to the top 2 males due to that 776 'banner'; a Glade upset would be amazing, even if incredibly unlikely due to not ranking nearly as badly this year; a Bloom upset would be a riot, even if he has even less of a chance to rate than Glade). The two biggest male wild cards IMO are Dadfonse and Helbindi (meme axes have surprised us before in Dorcas, Lot and Marty). Eliwood might also cause a disruption due to being the only FE7 lord to lack a Brave alt. Fortunately, even with the Smash bump, M!Corrin probably wont break into the top 10.

For females though, its nowhere near as clear cut. Thanks to the several months of Alt spam, I can't imagine Camilla even ranking top 10 (unless again, this game truly has turned into Fates/Alt Royals). Eirika probably won't do as well either due to her recent Christmas/Legend alts and that we're thinking back to this time last year where Eirika received her first alt (but the GBA era seems to have the most persistent fanbase so who knows). Selkie and Velouria probably stand to clean the most house now that game mechanics no longer stand in their way (but then their votes might have been because of the lack of said mechanics, and the Fates Spam/Alt Salt might spill over onto them as well). Female Corrin still sadly has a real chance at landing a top 10 spot just on Smash support alone (even in spite of all her Alt Salt). And then there are wildcards like Laevatein and Laegjarn who, in spite of FEH's meh writing, still made strong impressions onto the fanbase. Eir, Hel and Queen Embla have powerful possibilities as well (especially the latter two for the Dracula Chair and the Adult Veronica loophole respectfully), but then, last year, nobody expected most of these OCs to become playable by the end of Book 2, so that might also influence things. And then there's Momrena.... Never underestimate the power of a playable mom.

Admittedly, a Miccy upset on top of her being the January Mythic isn't entirely unpossible. Thanks to the 7 vote limit and being unable to change a vote or fill in a blank vote. Priestess Miccyune might still be a possibility (alternatively, an Altina alt would be fucking amazing, but unlikely to happen even in the above case).

Edit: Amusingly, with this Bathhouse banner, there's now more Green Fates alts than there are Green Fates characters in the draw pool (yes, that includes 5 star locked Rhajat, Valla F!Korn and F!Kana).

Into the pool Edit: So the datas have been mined and it turns out that Freebie Camilla's passing out 4 star Hone Fliers. This basically means that every C skill from launch will be available at 4 stars in some fashion (not that many of them are still worth it by now). Still waiting on Quick Riposte and the Close/Distant Counters. Other than that, have fun with noodle armed Tits MacRump. As for pulls, I could've sworn I was pulling from the Hot Springs Pool, but instead, I ended up with another Deirdre (+Spd/-Def at least, too bad I already have a +Res/-HP one). At least she didn't set me back any Orbs this time. Guess I'm waiting for the Mystic banner now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 02:52:15 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 23, 2019, 03:25:21 AM »
Well at least you can soon delete your flaw. Hard to choose between +RES and +SPD for Dierdre, but I guess the former is best now with her refine being what it is.

My pull on Hot Springs decided to send me the wrong flier in the form of Minerva. She's +SPD -ATK, but since I also have a +HP -ATK of her gathering dust for like the past year and a half or something she might just get some use once flaw removal comes in. Gen 1 BST does her no favors with Summer Innes being pretty much a better version of her, but she has her niche with that Hauteclere still.

4* Hone Fliers probably removes some of the butthurt, really helps with those budget Flier teams (and you get to sacrifice Camilla at an altar for catharsis). Also Tempest Trials was mined and we're getting Fire Boost, Brazen ATK/DEF and Even Def Wave. Brazen's nice, but I think I'll leave the other two alone. They have their uses but Arcade Coins come in way too slow for them to be worth the investment IMO.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 23, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »
Even Def Wave would be good if it weren't available on Silas (although you do have to 5 star him for EDW3), Boost Skills fell off almost immediately after getting introduced when Infernal and onwards inflated HP totals to well beyond anything you'll ever have. Brazen Atk/Def is good since having more than one freebie Brazen to stuff in the S-slot helps a lot, even if Ares comes with it at 4 stars.

As for Deirdre, her base Spd is a thoroughly mediocre 28 so even with the +Spd boon, she's only hitting 31 before her refine effects or other buffs kick in. Having a green Res tank can be nice (although with all the red nukes nowadays, and even with high Res tanking potential Ophelia is still liable to blow up any Deirdres thrown her way).

As for your Minerva, she'll always have better availability over Summer Innes.

As for the Edit: At least this T_T isn't asking for only recent banner units. Its no help for my Tibarn or Naesala, and I'm going to have to skip on Xander though since he's already at max HM, but thankfully, I have a trained Takumi for Lunatic 7 runs, along with my recent pity breaker Leo. And just because the game seems to be trying to make up for the last several banners, I managed to free pull a 5 star Silas this time (+Def/-HP). Yet another goddamn pity breaker, but definitely better than either of the banner's actual 5 star pulls (and puts me to 6 Uncommons that I don't have a 5 star copy of (and one I don't have any copy of)).

Garbage Edit: The early results are in and its garbage. Top 20 Females are 45% Fateswakening with Camilla firmly holding the top spot (and its a battle between Miccy and Robin for number 2) with Anna getting the divided votes screw once again as there are two of them occupying 2 of the top 10 slots (6th and 9th respectfully; very noice), Eirika's running up at 4th yet again, Corn and Azura are goddamn 5th and 7th respectfully, Loki's 8th (entirely due to her massive 8), Tharja rounds out at no 10, and Nino and Louise are 11th and 12th respectfully, while Top 20 Males are predictably falling in line with predictions as Marth is no longer getting screwed by divided votes, Alm holds the top spot, Eliwood is where all the FE7 fans are going at 3rd, Chrom and Robin are holding 4th and 5th (likely due to their Smash bump), Bruno, Memehardt and Lyft are following up at 6th - 8th, Sigurd is the first surprising entrant with Seliph following at 9th and 15th, then the rest of top 20 are either Fateswakeings, OCs or Tellius reps.

In lighter news, Int Syst finally got Surtr out of the general enemy draw pool. At least somebody hasn't completely missed the point around here. Too bad its far too little, far too late now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:39:09 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 25, 2019, 02:47:27 AM »
It just goes to show that as much as the online communities like to blast the Fateswakening spam, there's probably plenty of casual players out there who don't post on forums or reddit and will swear by the characters who introduced them to FE (and Smash reps). I'm sure part of it is that recent fans will obviously vote for the characters they know, but people who have played the whole series will scattershot their votes all over the place, which is probably why what happened to Camilla last year did once they announced the midpoint (ie the older fans consolidated their votes into frontrunners just to squeeze out Camilla). With no numbers given out it's still anyone's game I'd say. Honestly though, it's hard for me to get annoyed even if Camilla wins at this point, it'll happen eventually but they already gave us a shiny Legendary Eirika if you really wanted a stupidly OP version of her, so it's not like there's some great urge for me to get Eirika with a spear or whatever her CYL variant will end up being. Said it back when they started spamming us with alts: it just makes CYL feel a lot less special.

And hell, even if it happens consider that CYL offers the chance of getting Kozaki to draw Camilla in badass Garon armor or some shit which would actually be a pleasant change of pace over all the typical titty alts she gets.

I underestimated the power of our American FE7 babbies though, thought maybe a lot of them would split off once Hector and Lyn got their wins, but they're staying loyal to Eliwood. I'm okay with this. Doubt he'll win against a voltron'd Marth but it looks like CYL4 already has an early frontrunner. Seeing Jugdral lords jump back into the top makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside too. Bruno's probably there because he still isn't playable after forever and everyone thirsts for that 8-pack of his. I'm really surprised neither Hrid nor Helbendi broke within the top 20 when Lif did though.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 25, 2019, 06:04:53 AM »
I feel that the problem isn't so much about the general fanbase sticking to what they know, as its about Int Syst spamming Fateswakening in order to cater to the general fanbase. You've got Fateswakening dominating Cipher, Warriors, TMS (to the extent that's worth) and now Heroes, with an additional presence in Smash (4 out of the 7 fighters are from Fateswakening; two of them being actual fighters instead of Echoes). Its hard to get anybody to really look back at the earlier games because Int Syst sure as hell isn't. Just look at how Echoes has had a huge impact on everybody from Gaiden between CYLs 1 & 2 because the player base was exposed to these characters. Suddenly Alm and Celica went from struggling to crack the top 200s to competing for (and in Celica's case, winning) the top spots, while the rest of the cast went from sub 400 at best to being far more evenly distributed across the top 300. And the fact that Alm's still competing for the top spot and currently winning this year just goes to prove my point. (It also doesn't help that beyond these games, Shadow Dragon was the last non-3DS release, and it was from a decade ago and utterly half-baked, with New Mystery getting skipped outside of Japan altogether.)

Another angle is that a large percentage of the player base has been culled since CYL2, leaving more whales, diehards and those stuck on sunk cost fallacy in 2018's wake. A large portion of which have likely been reveling in all the attention their favorite games have been getting.

FE7's the abnormality, likely in large part due to that game and PoR getting the most recommended to new western players when they ask which games to try to get into the series with. And as for its voting patterns so far, it makes sense that Eliwood's getting all the attention now. I mean, who does he have to compete with now that Hector's off the table? From the Males division in 2018, it was Nils, Rath and Pent, the last of whom didn't even make the top 100, and all of them are tied to more popular females in Ninian, Lyn and Louise. For the females, it makes sense that Louise is hoovering up all the votes since FE7 didn't have all that many females to begin (a grand total of 18 significant ones (no love for the Queen of Bern); seven of whom are still not in yet) with so naturally voters are going to concentrate on the most popular ones still remaining (as lamentable as it is, Isadora and Vaida still have no chance of making it in prior to 2020, if at all).

And I bet you dimes to donuts, that the reason why Sigurd and Seliph are doing so well now is entirely because Smash has stopped pretending that the Jugdral games don't exist (I guess a distant possibility would be due to Heroes actually giving the Jugdral games some attention over 2018; pretty much the only setting outside of Ylisse/Fateslandia that really got any in 2018).

As for our inevitable CYL3 alts, Camilla still has options beyond a Nohrian Queen as her FEWarrior's promoted getup or potentially in her civvies. Thanks to Alm being altless thus far, he's got a lot of options with either get his Conqueror on or his OG style with his florescent green hair and a shield he can hopefully toss aside as his most likely options, or he could wind up getting Rudolfized much like Roy, Ike and Ephraim got dad'd, or possibility end up as his Awakening Dreadfighter self. If Marth doesn't go pantless with box shoulder pauldrons and a toga, then we will have been robbed. Miccy has two different promotions she can rock and can probably run either Creiddyland or Rexaura. F!Robin's most likely to go Grandmaster and run a Levin Sword (especially since that's all she really has left to her).

At any rate, all of this is largely speculation anyways since midterm results had an impact in CYL2 and they'll have an impact here as well. Besides, the real data is in the full results since its the >100 ranks that shows which games been getting popular or falling off.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 28, 2019, 04:10:27 AM »
Yowch. Just finished my final matches for the week and screwed up royally. I am currently sitting at exactly 11012 lift, but I haven't gone through my daily loss yet. I have to go 14 hours without anyone matching against me which is very unlikely, so unless I'm crazy lucky it's likely I'll lose all my progress this week. Currently at the borderline I'm at around rank 1000, seems there's a sizable number of players in the same predicament as me too, so I'm going to guess when the dust settles there will be ~2000 players in Tier 21 so the top dogs of Tier 20 can still make it into top 3k next week, so maybe I can still aim for those shiny golden chairs if I'm crazy enough. Still really sucks to choke so close to the finish line, but at least next time around I'll probably have better luck because a lot of the super cancerous maps will already have been promoted to Tier 21 and I'll be matched against people near my power level.

Also CYL3 coming to a close, get your predictions in now folks. My ballot is ready:

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 28, 2019, 06:10:09 AM »
Incidentally, I think I've had a repeat match against a player from a few ranks back. Had a single unarmed Linde body blocking the pots, preventing full lyft gain. Not that I cared this time around since I was nearly full, and that I seriously don't care due to all the toxic maps I didn't want to deal with, especially since I currently have no hope of advancing past 9400 Lyft. Of course what this really means is that the back end has caught up to me. But again, I've no fucks left to give at this point.

Our VG for this month is the Female Parent/Male Child match-up counterpart. No surprises or lucky 5 star freebies this time though.

My final Battle Ballot ended up consisting of RD's Lucia, Ayra, Miranda, Karin, Machuya, Larcei, and Selphina. Hopefully no 'obvious' patterns indicating my preferences emerge from this random assortment of FE characters (its only too bad that I couldn't vote for anyone from Tear Ring, Berwick or Vesteria).

Actually, outside of Lucia, Ayra and Larcei, this was sort of a 'in memory of' selection for Mayumi Hitora, if I had more votes, I'd voted for more FE5 characters (as well as Tear Ring if they were available). Its a damn shame the game's so neglected by the series, nevermind FEH.

In less Fates/Alts Royal news: Duuuuumaaa!

Yes, he's going to be yet another bullshit whalebait dragon armor (and colorless to boot), but who cares. At least he isn't our fourth M!Corrin alt or Seventh Camilla alt. The rest of the banner features L!Ike, Leirika, Laegjarn, Pancho Tiki, Dancer Ryoma, Kliff, Wyndis, Dancer Elincia, Axephraim, Summer Linde and Loki. Lots of good fodder if you can grab some.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:40:27 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 29, 2019, 03:17:51 AM »
Leo will want to comment on my luck I'm guessing, because I manage to stave off a defensive match in the final 15 hours of this AR season and stepped into sky whale paradise. The funny thing is that this means I paradoxically get to relax this week, because I'm assuming there's less than 3000 people total in T21 so I'll get my grails as long as I don't go into the negative for some reason.

Also yeah, once in a while you have people do that dumb setup where a unit is bodyblocking the pots in the corner of Spring Breeze, so the advice from one of the top AR players was basically just "have a team with Fir with Pass just for that".

As for Duma- I don't think anyone expected this one, but for once it's a pleasant one as opposed to "surprise, here's a 5th Azura". Colorless Armored Dragon, probably with like 5 SPD and like 40 in every other stat. Shouldn't even be surprised at this point. Probably gonna need a Dragon Killer on at least one of your teams not to get hardwalled by this guy, the Robins are popular support units after their refines and might do okay against him (doubt anyone will run Cancel Affinity on the guy), but honestly their stats are so bad at this point, even TA'd they'd probably get killed by an Ignis bomb from him before they managed to KO.

That's definitely an annoying C skill too, but not as bad as it might seem considering how useful Eir is in most teams and she takes care of equal HP hits on the team fairly easily (of course, we don't have an Astra Mythic yet, Eir will have a harder time fitting in once that comes along). Basically "bring a healer or get bent". Blowing up your buildings probably isn't as practical as it sounds, because everyone spams Restore staves or dance shenanigans anyway, so Tactics Room and Panic Manor only do so much. Plus I know some people just straight up don't take their buildings for AR because they actually prefer that extra row to move around in.

As for his Blessing, I was really expecting either a Dark or Astra Hero this month instead, the former because Micaiah, and the latter because Light/Astra is generally more valuable than Dark/Anima. I'm still on the fence on the whole value of Dark/Anima Heroes. The formula for them reducing Lift loss is [Mythic hero count (max of 2) x blessed hero count x 4 + mythic hero merge count (max of 20)]. Even if I managed to pull 2 Dumas and made some laughable defense with that plus whatever Legendaries of the week there are, it means I can save 32 points per loss. A single Light/Astra Hero can probably add that much to each of your wins, and that comparison is ignoring the fact that you could just build a cancer defense map and probably save nearly as many points over time from the odd victory you get.

Of course, that doesn't matter as much when he's sharing colorless with Loki, quite possibly the single most powerful unit for Aether Raids (Though Nailah probably matches her for the current meta). Staves are already stupidly good, combine that with being a mobile Tactics Room and she's invaluable. Summer Linde is kinda meh though, I guess Starfish is kinda cool but compared to the daggers Ryoma and Elincia are packing on this banner it's not even close in SI value.

I'm actually super torn for this banner, there's something I want in basically every color, but I don't think any color is especially good for me. I want LEirika at some point from Red (and even after that ATK/SPD solo is one the best A slots in the game), all 3 blue units have some kind of useful SI (plus Liki is broken as shit herself), Green has LLyn who I'm missing and Special Fighter which I actually want to give to a lot of units. Might just open every color and and see what comes out of the box.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 30, 2019, 02:04:30 AM »
Duma getting in is nice and all, but chances are he'll be the exception to Mystic units not being alts since Xander, Alm, Sigurd, Camilla, Leo, Takumi, Roy, Eliwood, Micaiah, Seliph, Chrom, Adult Tiki and Julia haven't gotten Legendaries yet. Only two of these peeps will be getting the remaining two Leg slots before having to fill in the rest with Mystic slots (unless they come up with an entire second set of Legendaries).

Also, lmao. He doesn't have Trainee stats. He's a weaker/tankier Colorless M!Grima.

Meanwhile, some other digging around has occurred and it looks like Int Syst has FINALLY gotten off their asses in regards to displaying IVs (just in time for merges to render Flaws largely irrelevant). Something that the mainline series should've had decades ago.

As for my pulls go, the fifth round managed Duuuuma (+Def/-HP), followed by 2 more on rounds 7 and 9 (+Atk/-Res and +HP/-Spd), after round four ended on L!Eirika (+Spd/-Atk, I might need to pull again) and round 3 having Dyoma show up (+HP/-Spd, bleh), and I even managed a Wyndis (+Atk/-Def, identical to my current +1 Wyndis). But admittedly the real prizes this time around were all the uncommons that have been stubbornly holding out on me for year 1 3 star trash. Silases, Libras, Nannas and I even managed some other valuable SI fodder. No Reyson out of this though (as he got demoted to uncommon) or Loki, but this has otherwise been a really good haul.

Of course now I'm faced with the terrible decision of which Duma to merge into which or if I should run all three anyways as my best means to tell AR to fuck off every other week. Its lame that Defense bonus Mystics only count twice because I'd love to have a team that just drops everyone's collective HP by 21 points while effectively running 3(4) cannons and granting Aversa +15 HP and Reinhardt +9 Atk (assuming Mystic boosts stack like Legendary boosts do). Its also lame that Upheaval doesn't trigger more than once per match (because I can think of a few matches where enemies suddenly losing 7/14/21 HP would make life significantly easier). Of course three Dumas + bonus unit could make for an amusing troll Arena/AA team as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:44:24 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 30, 2019, 04:46:33 AM »
I'm still surprised they picked Duma over someone like Yune-caiah, because the latter would allow them to technically fulfill their promise of the Mythic being a God-like character while still allowing them to create an alt of a very popular character. Although Yune is still a likely choice for one of the future slots regardless, so we'll see. The rest of the your list I don't think would work within the theme, I'd say it's more likely they go with the "more Legendaries" route instead. They should've planned further ahead though, since now FGrima looks really awkward being stuck in the middle of all the Legendaries. Anyway, I think characters like Nagi, Idoun, Athos, Ashera and Anankos are all pretty likely picks. A lot of them did okay-ish on CYL too, at least as far as within their own game. For Jugdral, a cool option would be Forseti-Lewyn. I don't think lore characters like the Twelve Holy Crusaders or the Eight Legends of Elibe (outside Athos obviously) are likely despite being a popular request in online communities, but hey, we can dream.

No Trainee stats on Duma is...I guess a relief? It's still weird that a literal God doesn't have the inflated stats, but whatever, I'll take less powercreep. He's still really good anyway, but I think people are exaggerating how annoying he'll be to play against. I'm sure some people can think of some interesting things to do with him, but honestly he probably won't make dealing with armor emblem any worse than it already is. He has two different weapon weaknesses and he can't cover up the armor one without using up the A slot, which means he needs to run DC in if you don't want him to be easily chipped to death. The C skill can be annoying, but losing a building really isn't that big of a deal (since they're unreliable by nature you generally build your teams assuming they won't work anyway), and 7 HP is easily healed up (or pick a team that would actually benefit from that- Celica, Vantage, and Escape Route strats are all actually helped by Duma if anything). I don't really expect him to become a super annoying threat, especially considering what already exists. Ironically he's going to be very useful as an Arena unit if you decide to merge him up, because it means you can have an inflated BST armor unit to inflate your score every other week due to how Blessings work now. His C slot also facilitates the cheerleader meta.

Also, merge into the +ATK one, no question IMO. He has a superboon there like so many other stupidly inflated armors.

Also also I basically completely wiped out on the banner. 355 orbs later I have emerged with a mere 5 5* pulls, possibly the worst I've ever done on of these. I pulled on every color so I maximized my orb-pull ratio too. Well, hopefully I'll get a comeback as whatever Anniversary orbs come in (or charging my luck battery for the next Legendary I guess). Didn't manage to fill in any of my missing Legendaries, since my haul consisted of:

Kliff (-ATK +SPD)
BEphraim (-DEF +RES)
Laegjarn (+DEF -RES)
Kimono Ryoma (+RES -SPD)
Kliff (+HP -SPD)

I know -ATK on Kliff is kind of a meme choice, but I figure I'll keep that one and fodder the -SPD one to make some super annoying tank. Dunno who works will with it though. Only getting 1 copy of BEphraim kinda depresses me, was hoping I'd have the luck to get 2 of him instead. His IVs are pretty shit though so I might fodder him off regardless to make Draug stop sucking so much in Arena. The CYL units appear decently often on Legendary banners so I'll probably see him again. -SPD on Ryoma sucks too, but I guess I'll eat his dagger if I ever feel like it. Don't have any Red Fliers I'm merging so Laegjarn is for trophy purposes too.

At least I did get 1 4* Reyson along the way, and he's +ATK -HP to boot. Though not like Reyson has anything worth foddering even if he had bad IVs. Also got a 4* Silas which will be kinda useful. Rest of my fodder was actually really bad, I got spammed by 3*s with bad skills a lot this time.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 30, 2019, 11:16:58 AM »
That Legendary mk II list I wrote was bogus anyways. No Leif or Hinoka (although she would get skipped over out of all of the Fates Royals). A real prediction list (assuming it actually involves Lords and significant PCs would entail) Eliwood, Alm, Roy, Athos, Gotoh, Sigurd, Seliph, Julia, (maybe Altenna), Leif, (maybe Finn), Queen Elincia, Priestess Miccy, Chrom, Adult Tiki, Xander, Leo, Takumi, Camilla and two wild cards in case more OCs show up. But yeah, there really hasn't been a whole lot of rhyme or reason to Legendaries thus far.

At any rate, T_T hasn't been too bad thus far, except for that one time I ran a team of Winter Eirika, Laegjarn, Takumi and Leo. Turns out Laegjarn can only carry the team so far. Normally though I run a team of Winter Eirika, Laegjarn, Takumi and Eir which is hard to kill and has two damage dealers with Def/Res bulk respectfully and a healer. Its sad that Takumi was ever considered a 'meta' unit.

Also, I see where my luck went this round.

Duuuuma! Edit: Had far less trouble with Duma Infernal than I've had with some of the more recent Infernals. Flier Emblem was enough to trash the competition (and I only needed to inherit Quick Riposte 2 on NYzura). Meanwhile I've sided with Ethlyn for this VG because she's the superior MILF (and also because she was doing better than Leif, but not by a huge margin where I'd never see a multiplier hour). I would've been surprised to see Corn doing as well as he is against his mom a month ago, but after seeing those midterm CYL3 results, I'm simply left disappointed instead. Also, according to some CSS deciphering, our next set of Braves are going to be Alm, Miccy, Camilla and Eliwood? Looks like even with vote merging, Marth got robbed again. At least we've avoided the worst timeline in which Female Robin won, but no Pantless Marth makes this a dark day indeed (unless we somehow get pantless Eliwood, but chances are we're going to get Old man wood or Elbertwood instead).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 08:36:43 PM by Aeolus »