• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19590 on: August 17, 2017, 07:02:26 AM »
Are bishies real things. I'm confused.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19591 on: August 17, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »
Depends on your type, I guess? If you think beautiful men exist, bishonen exist, I think?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: August 17, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »
Are bishies real things. I'm confused.
Aren't bishies what Japanese and Korean boy bands (maybe arguably all boy bands?) are made out of? Or are all of them actually holograms or robots and no one let me in on the conspiracy?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19593 on: August 17, 2017, 06:17:00 PM »
I lean towards robots.

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19594 on: August 17, 2017, 07:40:15 PM »
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19595 on: August 17, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »
I lean towards robots.
Well then, we're going to get you five robot bishie boyfriends each with their own different cliché personality. The fact that they are robots will make it even easier to ensure that they fit into their assigned archetype. Now then, I just need to break into the headquarters of a major record label, steal their secret robot technology, use it to create life, and then program the five new beings according to their assigned archetypes! Easy! And then it is on to planning shenanigans so that Star can meet them in a totally naturally while we are in the middle of wrestling a grizzly bear to establish dominance so that we can ride the bear over a mountain to get to the whale that we will have to ride to escape the island that we get stranded on.

Although I will first need to decide on their archetypes...crud I don't watch enough anime with multiple bishies to know what archetypes are associated with them. Eh I'll just fudge it. There will be the hyperactive redhead, the tsundere with black hair, the...childhood friend that acts like a little brother...with light blue hair? Eh whatever, I'll just throw some random code in to the last two. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19596 on: August 17, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »
Although I will first need to decide on their archetypes...crud I don't watch enough anime with multiple bishies to know what archetypes are associated with them. Eh I'll just fudge it. There will be the hyperactive redhead, the tsundere with black hair, the...childhood friend that acts like a little brother...with light blue hair? Eh whatever, I'll just throw some random code in to the last two. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

My (admittedly limited) experience with reverse-harem anime indicates that bishies are usually master swordsmen from the Meiji era.   However, in a more medieval-European setting, you are likely to find the prince of a small feudal country in the set.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19597 on: August 18, 2017, 03:22:49 AM »

Although I will first need to decide on their archetypes...crud I don't watch enough anime with multiple bishies to know what archetypes are associated with them. Eh I'll just fudge it. There will be the hyperactive redhead, the tsundere with black hair, the...childhood friend that acts like a little brother...with light blue hair?

Colours like light blue and silver are better for mysterious and/or nerdy characters. Doesn't mean he can't be a childhood friend though. Wait... are you shipping Star with Mikleo? As a fangirl, I disapprove.
Eh whatever, I'll just throw some random code in to the last two. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

That's how yanderes are born.

But that's fine, I guess. Everyone modern harem seems to have one of those shitbags nowadays. Heck, some of the more (extra super ultra) twisted otome games offer nothing but variations on the yandere archetype. Just... keep them away from anything that could be used as a weapon.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19598 on: August 18, 2017, 06:03:38 AM »
My (admittedly limited) experience with reverse-harem anime indicates that bishies are usually master swordsmen from the Meiji era.   However, in a more medieval-European setting, you are likely to find the prince of a small feudal country in the set.
I'm pretty sure that reverse harems also include boy bands that are fighting for the love of some random Mary Sue that they happen to meet. However we could also throw in a snooty rich blonde that is possibly descended from nobility.

Colours like light blue and silver are better for mysterious and/or nerdy characters. Doesn't mean he can't be a childhood friend though. Wait... are you shipping Star with Mikleo? As a fangirl, I disapprove.
Umm not intentionally? I was just thinking the childhood friend archetype probably transcended gender, but I had no idea of the color code for the archetype in bishies. So I guessed.

That's how yanderes are born.

But that's fine, I guess. Everyone modern harem seems to have one of those shitbags nowadays. Heck, some of the more (extra super ultra) twisted otome games offer nothing but variations on the yandere archetype. Just... keep them away from anything that could be used as a weapon.
I dunno, making a yandere robot seems like a good way to accidently start the robot apocalypse. While I am not opposed to accidently starting that, I don't want the future history books of the remnants of mankind to say that I triggered it by trying to make a harem of bishie robots. I just feel like that would be one of the most insulting ways to be remembered. >.>

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19599 on: August 18, 2017, 06:23:38 AM »
Oh boy, my own pretend bishie harem. I really have joined the single life now. XD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19600 on: August 18, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »
So some news in my life...

I work as a subcontractor for a large company based in new jersey with clients all over the US and in Europe. Yesterday, the details were finalized and they were purchased by another company, making the purchasing company a billion dollar revenue company. Sounds cool...except as a subcontractor, I have no guarantees to be kept on with the merge. I'm sort of nervous that this awesome ride I've had for the last 2 years is about to end...kind of sucks if it does....course at the same tine, my father and I are the main technicians for the purchased company in the tri state area of new york, so it'd be kind of hard to drop us on the fly and expect most of the clients we service to just be like "oh ok, we'll deal with this new guy". Here's hoping I'm getting nervous for nothing.

TASTY!

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: August 18, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
Okay, so there's a pot leaf stuck on the stoop of my apartment...and it's a torrential downpour, and has been most of the day...I kind of doubt it had blown there between this morning and right before the rain started (around noon at the latest)...and the guy across the hall has been broken into several times...without anything being stolen...and the halls consistantly smell like smoke, even though smoking isn't allowed in my building...and the doorway smells like a skunk...yeah, I don't think I need to be a detective to figure out that someone is smoking pot in my apartment, if not outright dealing drugs...I already had to deal with that shit last year, this time I might have to contact the landlord...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: August 18, 2017, 11:44:44 PM »
The Jargon.. it's overwhelming..

But it's ok, I got this.

I myself prefer bishie shipped androgynes with a heavy dosing of otome sidesauce

Yeah ok no I'm fucked.

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: August 19, 2017, 12:03:01 AM »
It's sorta random but like does anyone think of RPG Fans as normal people I certainly would be surprised by that.

Which is why I guess I ended up watching a video on the Battle of Alesia..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68

A lot of things were kinda crazy to me.. for one I thought it was weird that the Romans went kind of everywhere but central France.. like north, east, west, even to England before basically dealing with the fact that none of that was contiguous...and everyone in central France wanted to kill them.

But like honestly it was probably because they weren't fixated on conquest.. they seemed to be just more like "Hey what's over here OH CRAP ARROWS RUN!"

But yeah the other thing was the battle itself... apparently in response to Vercingetorix retreating into a castle fort, Caesar built a fort around their fort and then when he was "sieged" by Gaulish reinforcements who were there to break the siege they basically just defended their makeshift fort built around the other fort.

Kind of an amazing combination of creativity but also just willpower to pretty much build a fort out of nothing in like 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 12:04:54 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: August 19, 2017, 02:28:48 AM »
It's sorta random but like does anyone think of RPG Fans as normal people I certainly would be surprised by that.

I don't think there's anything odd about a gathering of gaming enthusiasts in this day and age.