Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19620 on: August 22, 2017, 03:23:22 PM »
D- RPGFan folks have graciously donated to my charity cycling event causes, so you bet I'll throw a few bones your way for your plane pulling cause.  I can't say it will be much, given my financial situation, but every little bit helps.
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19621 on: August 22, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »
D- RPGFan folks have graciously donated to my charity cycling event causes, so you bet I'll throw a few bones your way for your plane pulling cause.  I can't say it will be much, given my financial situation, but every little bit helps.
Welp, my next dopey question, should I just stick the link here or make a topic...I don't wanna be overly annoying.

TASTY!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19622 on: August 22, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »

TASTY!

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19623 on: August 23, 2017, 09:49:58 PM »
Was watching the box score of the Dodgers vs Pirates game.  The Dodger's starter had a no hitter going into the tenth inning only to lose it by giving up a home run.  I'm not even a Dodgers fan and I still find myself feeling the sting.  I really do feel sorry for the Dodgers' starter.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: August 25, 2017, 01:51:20 AM »
Ugh, packing for a convention is like a terrible game of Tetris if you know you'll have to rely on buses on the way home. Normally, I'd just travel by train, but they're performing maintainance on the rails on part of my route, which means the rail company is providing buses. Crowded buses that will most likely be filled with cosplayers on a sugar high. In other words: hell on wheels.

So basically, I've managed to put all my clothes (just a few t-shirts, a spare dress and the necessities) in a shoulder bag together with all the most important stuff of our vendor table. And then I have this huge shopper bag with my actual merchandise. All stuff I can keep on my lap and between my legs. This doesn't give me much room to buy anything (I wanted some Gunpla for my dad...), but one of my good friends who goes back on Monday does have a car and I could ask if my merchandise bag can travel with them. This way, my twin/clone/whatever can travel with another friend (who has a fancy car with only two seats and every year one us is like "No, you take that seat, I'll be fine") and skip bus hell, and all public transportation suffering will be minimised.

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #19625 on: August 25, 2017, 11:41:01 AM »
Until people can dress up on a random Wednesday in the middle of Random urban center X or Y in the generic humanopolis, as anything from Esdeath to Mario, and with as many or as few clothes as desired...

Well then I think conventions and the whole concept is doomed vis a vis gaming/anime culture or whatever... simply because it's too much repression on the outside with too little expression on the inside.

They end up as overheated overcooked Turkey steak dinners with too little mustard sauce and way too much mayo, if you catch my meaning, which would be impressive, because I myself do not know the meaning of that phrase.

Anyway yeah I just never go to them even though I'm like oh those are actually people sorta like me.

I'd rather hang with Grandma and Joe the local firefighter, because while I don't have as much in common with them, there is a conspicuous lack of psycho over-judgmental under-culture over-coolness, which always steams my temperature 1 degree over the maximum daily allowance suggested by doctors around the world.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
    • my backloggery
« Reply #19626 on: August 25, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »

They end up as overheated overcooked Turkey steak dinners with too little mustard sauce and way too much mayo, if you catch my meaning, which would be impressive, because I myself do not know the meaning of that phrase.

I'd rather hang with Grandma and Joe the local firefighter, because while I don't have as much in common with them, there is a conspicuous lack of psycho over-judgmental under-culture over-coolness, which always steams my temperature 1 degree over the maximum daily allowance suggested by doctors around the world.

This.... This is amazing...

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19627 on: August 25, 2017, 11:43:47 AM »

This. This is amazing...

Some of her best work.  I'm not being sarcastic, either.  Really enjoyed probably the most apt use of "if you catch my meaning" I have ever seen.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19628 on: August 25, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19629 on: August 25, 2017, 12:36:13 PM »

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19630 on: August 25, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »
Theory time, Artimicia was MeshGearFox's alter-ego the entire time.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19631 on: August 25, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:32:09 PM by . »

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19632 on: August 25, 2017, 06:12:50 PM »
I was thinking about making a serious response to Arty's post but I can't for the life of me figure out what her post is trying to say...so never mind.

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19633 on: August 25, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »
"Because it is repressed, otaku culture is insular and self-involved, which results in the members of that culture focusing on what they consider to be their defining aspects, while discouraging individual variation, and sometimes losing touch with the aspects of that culture that drew them in to begin with."

...or something.  I don't like mayonnaise, anyway.

Theory time, Artimicia was MeshGearFox's alter-ego the entire time.
MeshGearFox hasn't posted in a while.  Hope he's doing okay.

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19634 on: August 25, 2017, 08:29:06 PM »
I was thinking about making a serious response to Arty's post but I can't for the life of me figure out what her post is trying to say...so never mind.

I think I can explain everything in song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sydKXNq6mWk

Everything should make sense now. 
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun