« Reply #4875 on: March 17, 2019, 08:33:12 PM »
https://anichart.net/Spring-2019
https://www.livechart.me/spring-2019/tv

Well, this season went by quickly.

One Punch Man 2
Well, this is a no-brainer.

Shingeki no Kyojin 3 Part 2
What's in the basement?
I wish I was kidding but that's the only part of this whole serie that still holds some interest with me.

Kenja no Mago
Isekai that's about mid tier.
Power fantasy but no bad stuff like slaves or whatever.

Fruit Basket
First manga for a lot of people. This is going to be a nostalgia blast.

Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
School life light comedy/romance with no real special trait.

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san
A depressed and overworked salaryman gets visited by a homely kitsune god who basically wants him to be happy.
It's really heartwarming.

Mix
I've read TOUCH and most of this author's other mangas, but at the same time, it's pretty much always the exact same story.
It will probably be really good, but I think I'll pass.

Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin - Zenya Akai Suisei
Some sort of remake of the origin. Sounds interesting.

Isekai Quartet
«Petit crossover anime featuring characters from Overlord, KonoSuba, Re:Zero, and Youjo Senki»
The isekai kings all together? Sure.

Leftovers:

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Season 1 was fine but season 2 will likely get to the really bad part of the story.
That's going to be a harder sale.

Movies:

Hibike! Euphonium: Chikai no Finale
Now this is my blast of the past. I like how true this thing feels for people that were in a school orchestra.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4876 on: March 17, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »
At this point its better to bail on Shingeki/Attack on Titan. The explanation wasn't worth it.

Meanwhile I'm still plugging away at L-Gaim. I'm on episode 44 now and its hilarious on what a Twenty Xanatos Pileup this has become.

I've also checked out Macross Delta: Movie Edition and while the plotting is significantly tighter, I feel like they could've excised Mirage from it entirely (as they already did in regards to the plot).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: March 18, 2019, 03:57:28 AM »
One Punch Man 2. Nothing else matters.

Actually, I take that back, Gunjou no Magmel looks pretty cool. Dunno if I'll get around to it, though. I really don't think I'm interested in following seasonal anime anymore, tbh. And if it's based on a manga, I might be better off waiting until it sets up a proper story arc before I get into it. These tend to take some time to build up momentum.

Promare also looks interesting, but as with all movies, I don't like hunting down fansubs, so I'll wait for an official english release, if one ever happens.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: March 20, 2019, 06:28:26 AM »
I would recommend Kimestsu no Yaiba as I enjoy the manga and the stills I've seen for the anime look very good.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: March 25, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »
Fairy Gone looks like it could be very good. Its got the Grimgar LN author behind the scripts and (K)now Name doing the soundtrack.

The final eps of Run w/ the Wind has been sports anime perfection.  sadly it ends tomorrow :(. But its a wonderful anime, as good or better than Chihayafuru my all time fav sports anime. why is no one watching this???

its going to be rough holding out for the next season of The Promised neverland. Tho I might not bother, its a Kodansha anime, so this is probably the only season.

I spunked for netflix last month. So saw a few things there. Blame was excellent. Knights of sedonia seems decent enough. Same for Dragon prince. I couldn't get into Dragon Pilot (only saw 1.5 eps, does it get better?).

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: March 25, 2019, 07:46:17 PM »
Dragon Pilot was weird. I couldn't get into that.

Finished Volume 2 of RWBY, and proceded to plow through Volumes 3-5. Volume 2 was fun, but now that the stakes have ramped up, the writing has taken off, and I've really come to appreciate the story and characters more. I even like Nora now! And Ren. He actually has a personality, who knew? The animation's been steadily improving, though it still has yet to match the promo trailers in terms of fighting choreograhy. Even the best fights just seem bland in comparison. But if the trade-off is better pacing and a tighter narrative, I'll take it.

Oh, and it's nice to hear some of the tunes I've been listening to for years now in their intended context. Songs like "I Burn" and "The Royal Test" have that extra bit of punch to them, now that I can fully understand the meaning of the lyrics (though they still get a lot of it across on their own). I still don't like Volume 3's OP, though. Too harsh.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: March 27, 2019, 08:55:05 AM »
though it still has yet to match the promo trailers in terms of fighting choreograhy. Even the best fights just seem bland in comparison. But if the trade-off is better pacing and a tighter narrative, I'll take it.
Monty Oum, the guy behind the awesome fight choreographies died before season 3. You can feel the void it left in the serie.
Latest season is much better there though.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: March 27, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »
though it still has yet to match the promo trailers in terms of fighting choreograhy. Even the best fights just seem bland in comparison. But if the trade-off is better pacing and a tighter narrative, I'll take it.
Monty Oum, the guy behind the awesome fight choreographies died before season 3. You can feel the void it left in the serie.
Latest season is much better there though.

Yeah, I finished Volume 6 last night, and the fights there were stellar - even minor skirmishes were surprisingly fun to watch. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.

I might check out Gen:Lock, too, if only because I'm a whore for Mecha shows...the previews haven't done it no favors, tbh. It seems really generic & undercooked. I'll wait for the full season to finish, just in case it surprises me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:13:30 PM by Mickeymac92 »

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: April 18, 2019, 08:59:31 PM »
All caught up with My Hero Academia, and what a ride that's been! I definitely can't wait for Season 4, now!

Gonna be a tough act to follow up. I figured I'd jump on One Punch Man S2, but that requires a Hulu subscription, so...I basically have nothing to watch this season except for Fairy Tail & Jojo. With that in mind. I figure I may as well embrace my inner shounen trash and get caught up on a bunch of series - Fairy Tail, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, One Piece, Dragon Ball Super, and The Seven Deadly Sins - while breaking it up with the odd series here and there (mainly Votoms, Mob Psycho, Munto, Magi, and She-Ra).

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: Yesterday at 12:36:54 AM »
Dragon Ball Super has been the best thing to happen to DB in a long while.
I'd put that high up on the to-do list.

I can't wait until it resumes.