Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 10:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329365 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Dreamfall Soundtrack!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dreamfall Soundtrack!  (Read 1741 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2006, 07:11:03 PM »

I was most surprised to discover that the samples have been removed from the review of this soundtrack!  The scathing remarks that Mr. Chandran gave made it sound like it was an audio atrocity, and he is most certainly entitled to give his opinion like everyone else on this planet, but it sure would have been nice to hear some samples myself and determine if I wanted to buy the soundtrack or not.  But here's the kicker:

Editor's Note: The composer and publisher of this soundtrack have requested we remove the samples for this soundtrack.

Translation: someone took great offense to the negative review and threatened legal action because he/she/it is a tremendous flowery pansy faggot.

Discuss!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »

To be fair, there might be samples on their site or something that give you a good idea anyway. But. Sigh. :P

Edit: See it's on iTunes, and does have musical samples, and for all tracks at that. Seems weird as hell they get upset at RPGFan, but whatever.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:27:07 PM »

They got upset over the samples posted at RPGFan because of a negative review.  If Neal had blown sunshine up the composer's ass, suddenly everyone's shit would smell like roses and the samples would still be up.  It's blatantly apparent, just by the fact that their own game website has samples, alongside iTunes.

Edit: Listening to the samples from the website, I disagree with Neal's review and think the music's pretty decent.  However, I will not be buying the soundtrack because I'd be lining the pockets of a bully.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 08:27:50 PM »

If you want any details regarding this little slice of RPGfan soap opera drama, then PM me.  Still, Parn hit the nail on the head.

EDIT: And, yes, the Jay Sherman (The Critic) avatar and title are in honor of my snippet of RPGfan drama.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »

The samples are back, which means the situation has been resolved apparently.  That's cool.

Which means I'm going to go purchase the soundtrack on my next spending binge... going to wait for a certain two other CDs to release before I place any orders.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:31:37 AM »

Guess it was just some weird "Hey! Ask first!" deal more than anything else. Or they look here. :P
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 03:00:31 AM »

Christ, they're just RAM samples. And any developer that makes a big deal out of a review is too insecure about their product.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »

Parn is right.  The guy did send me a rather inflammatory e-mail because of my review and threatened legal action against the site for the samples.  I replied "thank you for voicing your concern.  I will bring this up with the rest of the staff so we can resolve it."  

So the samples go down and Pat/Ramza sends a very well thought-out reply and sets the guy straight.

But in the meantime, the guy sends me back another inflammatory e-mail, which I ignored because I don't have the time nor patience for an e-flamewar with some composer who's pissed off because I don't like his music.  

I'm used to hate mail.  I get it quite often.  I actually enjoy hate mail, because it tells me "wow!  Somebody out there actually gives a damn about little old me.  And for my words to fill a person with such raw emotions of disgust and loathing is testament to the power of my words."  In other words, hate mail only serves to stroke my ego.  I mean, heck, if someone were to say that my band sounds like cow diarrhea, I'd be flattered that our music caused such strong emotions in someone.  Power, baby!  

But this guy definitely crossed the line when he threatened legal action against the site.  He likely made that threat out of anger and I don't know whether or not he'd have actually gone through with it, but that was really not cool.  

Either way, thanks to this little incident, Leon Willett is getting some free publicity out of this.  http://www.leonwillett.com

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: