Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 04:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331927 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 4  (Read 15725 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:51:20 AM »

Rather surprised at the lack of discussion over this game, especially since it's coming out 7 days from now. Heck the only other topic is ye olden announcement topic that was long since locked. So, who has this on pre-order? This actually marks the first game I won't be ordering from Gamestop, seeing as how the NISA store treated me quite well during the D3 discount-release.

Giant monsters, mech battles, and...Archangel Flonne? (Assuming my eyes don't deceive me on the intro animation.)

Discuss the insanity that will soon be hitting our shores. XD
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:15:52 AM »

Actually it already did hit our shores.... they shipped early and Gamestop already has it, they just can't realease it until the street date of Spet. 6th.... so if your lucky enough to find a store that doesn't care about such formalities it can be yours already....

Anyhoo, I AM SOOOOO SUPER STOKED FOR THIS GAME YOU HAVE NO IDEA!! Disgaea became my favorite franchise running right now and I am actually planning to take off work for this..... I purposely did not take a vacation day in a very long time in preperation.... Additionally I will be dropping my other playthroughs at the moment of Breath of Fire 2, Star Ocean First Departure, Catherine and Final Fantasy IV Complete to focus solely on Disgaea.....

I have played the other Disgaea titles cumulatively for over 350 hours altogeather...... Now if that is not a sad amount of life to waste on a franchise I don't know what is... but in all honestly many of those 350 hours trumped good sex for me (truly, I don't have much of a labido...)

Just wanted to let you know, your not the only one waiting with bated breathe for this title.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »

Is this something you can pick up an play maybe 1-2 hours of and come back at a later date? Or is it something that needs attention on the order of an in depth rpg?
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »

Is this something you can pick up an play maybe 1-2 hours of and come back at a later date? Or is it something that needs attention on the order of an in depth rpg?

It depends on how much they tweaked the formula; but just based on the other three games:

1-2 hours per sit through is doable; although 2-3 is preferable and 3-4 is optimal (especially during segments where you wish to entirely retool your entire party through a Reincarnation cycle the first few times until you unlock a good grinding map).

At least in regards to the main story anyway.

If you want to do anything extra like bonus maps, character hunting, Item Worlding...reserve at least 3 hours.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »

I'm totally burnt out on Disgaea.  I'll probably get this eventually, but not at launch.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 03:36:40 PM »

I've got it pre-ordered on amazon.  Should be fun

fuuka is the best
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:43:44 PM »

THIS IS DISGAEA 4

Ordered it from NIS,not here yet,still I'm pumped to play it :D

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 05:18:37 PM »

My Premium Figure set shipped from NISA's store two days ago. I'm excited, but still in the middle of 100%ing Human Revolution.  Here's to hoping I can finish in time.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »

I'm totally burnt out on Disgaea.  I'll probably get this eventually, but not at launch.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well, although I am very happy to see a new release, good to see the series continue.

Everything's Eventual
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »

This.  I progressively played the series less and less as each came out.  I will undoubtedly support it at some point because I enjoy the overall gameplay and it's finally in HD, but it won't be right away this time.  If Tales of Xillia wasn't coming out a few days later, I probably would be picking it up on launch day.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

I've played 1-2 hours of it. Haven't played much of it lately though. Seems like Disgaea 3, but improved.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »

I'm more concerned about the story/humor than the gameplay.  Disgaea 2 fell really flat with me in that category, partly cause the main characters didn't have funny personalities
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »

I'm more concerned about the story/humor than the gameplay.  Disgaea 2 fell really flat with me in that category, partly cause the main characters didn't have funny personalities
Disgaea 2 was basically when the series takes itself seriously, though there were fair bits of humor still.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 09:44:44 PM »

Personally I liked the Disgaea 2 story the most because it actually took itself seriously.  And yes, there was still humour in it, but it was humour built on top of a solid fantasy-adventure foundation.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »

Disgaea is one of few tactical RPG series I actually like, so I'll definitely keep my eye on this onw. Still haven't played 3 yet, though, and I sort of have my eye on the PSP ports of the first two games, as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: