Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340923 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 4  (Read 16675 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2011, 09:04:16 PM »

I think the problem is Disgaea is generally falling to typical plot problems in modern JRPGs. I mean heck Disgaea 3 was basically the then prevalent (and still is) "zany slice of life/school drama" genre of anime with "demons". Disgaea 4 is pretty much a stock JRPG attempting to act like The Daily Show only failing to realize what exactly makes the latter funny.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »

I have to wonder why this game still hasn't received a review here. >.> Did all the writers go hiding under the bed when it hit the release cycle? Y'all reviewed AT 3; this ain't "that" bad. XD
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »

Our original reviewer had some stuff going on and had to postpone it quite suddenly. We've in the process of organising what's happening with it.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »

I'm still trudging through Disgaea 4.Its taking forever but I want to avoid having this on my backlog.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2011, 02:49:26 AM »

I'm still trudging through Disgaea 4.Its taking forever but I want to avoid having this on my backlog.

Here's a tip to speed it up: Grind on map 5-2. It's easy to get 150% EXP by tossing the yellow onto the purple (on re-runs; it's different the first time you play it) and turning everything yellow. Gradually raise enemy strength and repeat until you can get the enemies to Lv. 99 and kill them without issue. For some reason the game is glitched; Lv 99 enemies on 5-2 give you TONS of experience. Enough to hit the mid 150's easily within 2-3 runs of that map. Once you're at that level, with proper gear you can pretty much wreck the rest of the game no problem.

Might sound like grindy work but trust me; it's not any faster trying to keep up with the ever leaping difficulty scale.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2011, 01:28:20 AM »

I'VE DONE IT!!! In honor of Halloween I decided I was going to marathon to the end of Disgaea if it killed me.... It was tough to tear myself away from Xenoblade by the way...  I will code my exploits in case it contains any sensitive material that may spoil anything for anyone...
Code:
I started this morning on chapter 8 truly believing I was at the end and just going to beat the game.... I figured beat the game, go to work, fairly uneventful Halloween.... that was until chapter 9 slapped me in my face!!!.... but by this point I was determined!... So I said screw work, its a holiday and I haven't taken time off in ages... I work 7 days a week sometimes up to 16 hours a day... anyhow.... nothing could have have prepared me for how grueling the 10th and final chapter was going to prove to be..... and on that note, I totally think chapter 9 should have been the end.. The whole Flonne cameo was just too cool!!... The "malice" scenario that followed was very anti-climactic in the wake of Flonnes super-angel robot....
And so now here I sit... 9 hours of gameplay completed in one day, credits rolled, save slot reads "post game" and I feel a little more complete as a human being..... I really feel, pathetic as it may sound, game experiences like this are evolutionary for me in some sense..... Maybe I've just lost my mind from viewing faaarrr too much SRPG-satirical madness in one 24 hour period..... Maybe I'm just proud... The fact remains I am done (at least with the main story, as I intend to come back and approach post game once all the DLC comes out)... The saddest part of all? Its 1:30 am, I am going grocery shopping and probably still going to play an hour or two of Xenoblade before I pass out..... Well what else are holidays for!? HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2011, 05:52:59 AM »

I hope you also ate lots of candy. That'll keep you going for a bit longer!

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »

I can't eat candy... I have weird metabolic problems and must maintain a really clean doctor directed diet..... very troublesome at points... but I stay real skinny :) I guess thats a plus.....

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2011, 01:45:55 AM »

Adell and Rozalin, plus a Pirate Ship and a map, are going to be released this next Nov. 22th.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

Adell and Rozalin, plus a Pirate Ship and a map, are going to be released this next Nov. 22th.

Well at least they are getting two of my least favorite characters out of the way early.... more to look forward to I suppose.... now Gig is a character that will totally get me back into post-game madness.... as soon as I am through with Xenoblade that is....

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »

I've been working on this for an RPGFan review for the last several weeks - weekend mornings only, because that's when the TV is available for me to play games.  This morning, I lost in one of the "game over" fights.  Decided to start over, and an hour later, I've almost caught up with where I was.  It can be fun to crush the foes who once brought you to the brink of death. :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:22:46 PM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »

Ok, I gotta ask...... what is up with Japan getting all this crazy cool DLC content and we still don't have squat.... I know a few Disgaea 2 characters are on the way but that is NOTHING compared to the slew of neat-o-downloadables available in Japan... does anyone know if we will ever get this stuff? Must we just be patient.... or we getting Xeno-bladed here in North America?

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »

Japan has all the DLC since it came out first. We're eventually getting all their DLC + those two story line expansions.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »

Say, can anyone tell me just how many chapters there are?  I'm on episode 7, which says it's the final episode, but every walkthrough I see online talks about 10 chapters.

Also, the patch download today is killing me.  I didn't really have that much time to play, and now I have to wait a few hours while a gig of patch downloads.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »

Also, the patch download today is killing me.  I didn't really have that much time to play, and now I have to wait a few hours while a gig of patch downloads.

Um holy shit.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: