Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:10:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327684 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition  (Read 1694 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 05:46:23 PM »

After playing some ranked for awhile, it's not too bad.  At the moment, matches kinda take awhile to find, but at least you can what your opponents D/C % is, his ping, and his rank.  If it could just find matches faster, it would be really good (the whole NAT thing kind of takes awhile to come up sometimes... could be me even though it's green).  As long as you get someone with a good connection, GGPO works pretty damn good compared to other game's netcode.  I kind of like that you can't choose ANYTHING when it comes to ranked.  Much harder to cheat the system this way. 

It's also kind of funny to watch people try to play it like Street Fighter 4 and fail, miserably.  At least it's easier to get your achievos at the moment =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »

Yeah, my only complaint is the terrible matchmaking at the moment. It takes forever to find a match. Player lobbies suck because you have 7 or 8 people in a room with bad connections. I've tried creating a lobby multiple times with no luck. No one ever joins my room. I  have no idea why. When I do get a good ranked match with someone with a green ping, the connection is pretty damn good. Red and orange pings can be a little shaky, but still playable sometimes.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »

Capcom,

Fix your shit.  Your QA team is a fucking joke and needs to be fired ASAP before they effect any other projects.  Did you even QA this at all? I played maybe, 14 matches and had 1 game freeze and 1 black screen of nothingness (which gave me some disconnect ratio). Thanks, gotta love that.  Despite ranked being fucked, I also found out today that the settings in the main menu for story mode seem meaningless.  I put it down to 1 round a match, but it still plays 3 rounds a match when I go to arcade mode.  I put it up to 5 rounds a match, but it still plays 3 rounds a match in arcade mode.  I'm finding it hard to believe that you tested this product at all before you pushed it out to the consumers. 

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »

There was a already a message sent out by someone on the team that they're working on a patch as fast as possible, but yeah, it is pathetic that they released this product to the public.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/25/3rd-strike-online-issues-with-ranked-matches-and-xbox-replay-system/

I've never experienced the problems you had, just hard to find ranked matches at the moment and some crazy GGPO rollback issues.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 02:08:11 AM »

Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition DLC announcement

Kinda pisses me off to see DLC for 3rd Strike, my annoyance went away with the "music pack(s)" though.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »

Re: Complaints

I am not surprised. This is Capcom. What did you expect?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 03:27:02 AM »

If it's stuff that was in the original game that'd piss me off. If if it's new stuff added then it's still kinda crappy but whatever. Stuff from console ports would in the middle there, I'd rather it be a definitive release from the gate but better than simply not getting that stuff.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition DLC announcement

Kinda pisses me off to see DLC for 3rd Strike, my annoyance went away with the "music pack(s)" though.

We knew from day 1 that there would be DLC for 3S.  That's one of the reasons the price was $15 instead of $20.

If it's stuff that was in the original game that'd piss me off. If if it's new stuff added then it's still kinda crappy but whatever. Stuff from console ports would in the middle there, I'd rather it be a definitive release from the gate but better than simply not getting that stuff.

Nah, it's kind of new stuff.  None of the offers are things that anyone needs though.

1.) color packs ala Blazblue.  7 for each character for $2.99.  Lame, but whatever.  We knew it was going to happen.
2.) DLC music and themes from previous Street Fighter games.
3.) Match packs which are basically gameplay videos from a secret tourney Capcom held to test the game.  Some might be interested, but there are plenty of quality vids on youtube by just searching for "Kuroda"

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »

We knew from day 1 that there would be DLC for 3S.  That's one of the reasons the price was $15 instead of $20.

Well, I didn't knew this until now. Make sense what Capcom is doing then (the color packs are still lame though).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »

I don't think Microsoft at least would actually ALLOW a $15 price point, though I'd rather a $20 all-in-one over $15 where I have to pick piece by piece.

Still, when/if I get the game I'm definitely going for the music packs. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to throw on, more than palliate swaps others may not even see.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: