Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 09:26:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329482 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)  (Read 37128 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »

There's just two things that bother me a little; DLC and revisions.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »

I see tension, guard bar and a burst option. This has me so hyped since there hasn't been a new Guilty Gear in a long time. And it looks like characters will be able to choose their personas? Kind of like choosing an arcana in Arcana Hearts.

Where's Akanbe-? I want to know what he thinks about all this.

I would be concerned if ASW wasn't doing this.  Animu fighters can sometimes be a bit generic if done wrong, but ASW (makers of Guilty Gear and Blazblue for those who don't follow) can put out something series fans will really enjoy.  Since it has Persona AND made by ASW, I'll definitely be keeping tabs on it.  Too early to say anything else, but I'm pretty interested to see where it goes.

Edit:  I like that it's going into arcades.  Arcade cabinets are a fairly significant investment these days with the new technology which means that they will probably be shooting for a fun, balanced game and not just some fanservice fluff. 

Hopefully this fixes your problem, Yoda.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/01049309.html

Nice find.  It looks pretty interesting.  Definitely curious how the personas will come into play.

There's just two things that bother me a little; DLC and revisions.

Depends on how much they want to support it.  Since it's based from a game and not it's own series like Guilty Gear or Blazblue, DLC of some sort like characters or persona is probably inevitable and any revisions will most likely be DLC.  Arcade cabinets can be updated with DLC and that's how Blazblue is being handled in Japan by the same company.  It's pretty safe to say if they even do anything to it at all, it'll be DLC.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:37:07 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
jello44

We have visitors!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »

Persona 4
BlazBlue team
Aigis
Shoji Meguro
Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

Well... that's enough for me to call it day 1 I guess.

Amen.

I'm really intrigued by this game and will definitely pick it up.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 06:34:35 PM »

I would be concerned if ASW wasn't doing this.  Animu fighters can sometimes be a bit generic if done wrong, but ASW (makers of Guilty Gear and Blazblue for those who don't follow) can put out something series fans will really enjoy.  Since it has Persona AND made by ASW, I'll definitely be keeping tabs on it.  Too early to say anything else, but I'm pretty interested to see where it goes.

I feel the same way. At least since ASW is doing it. They will put a lot care into their work. Atlus is also working along side ASW, so I think that makes things look even better. They don't want this game to turn out badly. I heard that ASW are big fans of the Persona series too, so that's another plus.

In the past ASW has made two licensed fighters: Hokuto No Ken and Sengoku Basara X. Both turned out to be unbalanced games with tons of infinites that no one plays seriously anymore. I hope this doesn't turn out the same. The good thing, though, is that they can add patches to this game. That wasn't possible when those two games came out.

Also, I can't but laugh at the "Free pray" at the bottom of this photo :P

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/images/00049309/AZ2aO8w8tR1FqOZmSeW7mb8XspIKUTP7.html

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 06:42:32 PM »

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/images/00049309/AZ2aO8w8tR1FqOZmSeW7mb8XspIKUTP7.html

lmao.  Shit, I forgot about Sengoku Basara X.  That game is pretty shitty.  Hokuto no Ken is at least over the top funny.  But yeah.. joint production and patches and stuff.  Probably will still be fun.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 06:43:50 PM »

LMAO!
I'm not worried about the quality of the game. I trust ASW and ATLUS. 10 characters is a bit underwhelming though especially considering that they have both P3 and P4 to choose from. I guess they will add more through dlc later.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »

Yeah, me either. I know this will be a fun and quality fighter. I was just remembering ASW track record with licensed IPs and it got me a little worried.

When is TGS? I assume we should be seeing a trailer or gameplay then.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »

Teddie is my fucking hero!

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 07:14:14 PM »

Teddie is my fucking hero!

More like more insane since his last appearance.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »

I hope they do like Arcana Heart and let you mix and match characters and Personae. That wouldn't make sense but it would be fun.

Also Yukiko's in it :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:36:23 PM by Demon_Princess_Kay » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »

I hope they do like Arcana Heart and let you mix and match characters and Personae. That wouldn't make sense but it would be fun.

Also Yukiko's in it :D

All characters have 2 personas so I'm betting that you will be able to choose between those 2. They'll just have to select 2 for the MC. I have a feeling that Minato will be a secret character.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »

Hmm... aren't the two personas just their base and evolved forms?  That isn't much of a choice, though it could equate to speed vs power...

I'd be fine if they just cracked it open and let every character choose any personae.  I am expecting this to be a huge, deep game, so while it wouldn't make sense canon-wise, it'd make sense gameplay-wise.

It'll own for being what it is.  Gameplay could be crap, and it'll still be a frickin' Persona fighting game.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »

Ted has a pirate hat a cigar and a cane. I no longer care if it's any good (not that i did in the first place). That shit makes it awesome automatically in my book.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »

I just know that if I get this, my friend and I will immediately play Aigis vs the pirate teddy bear. Her Aigis, me playing Teddie.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:37 PM »

I think Kanji is going to be there according to one of the official pics. It shows the character roster and there was an angry-faced man that says "Emperor".

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: