Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 05:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331567 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)  (Read 38116 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 11:08:05 PM »

Hopefully this fixes your problem, Yoda.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/01049309.html

Now that's what I call results!

I laughed. x)

I love how it looks, but I'm bummed it seems restricted to P4 (and Aigis).  The roster is a bit small.. =/
Now, a P4 beat em' up might be a cool "story mode" add on! :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »

Well, I'm sure there will be characters from P3 too.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

Those pics are from an early build of the arcade version. I'm sure the home console versions will have more characters and possibly some unlockable ones. I wouldnt be too worried about only having ten characters at this moment. I mean some of the cards were blank too.

As long as we are on that topic here's some characters that aren't in that pic i'd want.

Mitsuru, Yukari,
Code:
Adachi
Naoto, Margaret, Elizabeth, P3 Female MC, Minato,
Code:
Shinjiro (though i doubt that's even possible)

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 05:50:50 AM »

If the story is indeed part of the canon I doubt some of the characters you suggested will appear. Shinjy would be perfect for this game though.
I'm expecting a good balance between P3 and P4 so most of the characters they haven't revealed must be from P3.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 06:21:34 AM »

Yeah I know I'm just stating what i want. I think
Code:
Adachi
would make a cool secret boss, I agree on Shinji as well as him being my favorite male character in the series.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 10:14:53 AM »

Takaya would be an awesome character to play in this, his persona looks badass. Plus, we need some evil to balance the good.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 10:53:42 AM »

Takaya would be an awesome character to play in this, his persona looks badass. Plus, we need some evil to balance the good.

Great choice, he would rock. So many great characters to choose from...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »

If Atlus wants money, they just need to make:
- Every other P4 character as DLC.
- Every other P3 character as DLC.
- Raidou, Tatsuya, Maya and Mara persona as DLC.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »

If Atlus wants money, they just need to make:
- Every other P4 character as DLC.
- Every other P3 character as DLC.
- Raidou, Tatsuya, Maya and Mara persona as DLC.

Why just a Persona? If I buy a Persona fighting game I better be able to beat other players up with a gigantic, chariot-riding penis.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »

Now that I think about it, I hope that the game has a choice to between English and Japanese audio. I can't play fighting games in any other language than Japanese with the exception of Soul Calibur.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »

Now that I think about it, I hope that the game has a choice to between English and Japanese audio. I can't play fighting games in any other language than Japanese with the exception of Soul Calibur.

Meh, I'm so familiar with the english voices of these characters that I don't see myself using the japanese audio.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »

I'm not saying that I will not be buying the game if there is no Japanese audio but is a little weird playing a fighting game without Japanese screams and all that nonsense after so many years of playing fighting games like that. That's all.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »

I definitely prefer the Japanese audio when playing a fighting game. It just sounds weird when they're fighting in English when it's supposed to be Japanese.

This game will be playable at TGS, so we can expect lots of videos soon.

"Oh, a hunter..."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »

Yeah, watching this game in action will be the highlight of TGS for me.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

Hmm... aren't the two personas just their base and evolved forms?  That isn't much of a choice, though it could equate to speed vs power...

I'd be fine if they just cracked it open and let every character choose any personae.  I am expecting this to be a huge, deep game, so while it wouldn't make sense canon-wise, it'd make sense gameplay-wise.

It'll own for being what it is.  Gameplay could be crap, and it'll still be a frickin' Persona fighting game.

I'd be fine with two personas as long as they make the differences and playstyle between the two personas quite different (more than just speed vs power).  It's also possible that personas are not selectable. The text at the bottom of the select screen says "Please pick a character you like (or something close to this)". The character portrait does list a persona, but it's just the default one that character uses.  The character select screen doesn't show definitive proof either way.  It does list the tarot name underneath the portrait, but it could just be a generic "This is Chie and she uses a Chariot persona".  I hope I'm wrong as I would like to see choices, but we won't know for sure until we hear more information.

I don't think anyone needs to worry that the gameplay will be crap.  Unbalanced?  Very possible, but I doubt it will be crap.  It's an IP fighting game, not sure how deep it's going to be though.

I love how it looks, but I'm bummed it seems restricted to P4 (and Aigis).  The roster is a bit small.. =/
Now, a P4 beat em' up might be a cool "story mode" add on! :D

HD sprites take a good bit of time and money to make well.  That's why Blazblue's roster started out so small.  I'm sure DLC characters will show up at some point.

With ASW handling it, I think it's a very safe bet there will be dual audio. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:13:09 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: