Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 11:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340910 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)  (Read 40922 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »

Now that I think about it, I hope that the game has a choice to between English and Japanese audio. I can't play fighting games in any other language than Japanese with the exception of Soul Calibur.

With ASW handling it, I think it's a very safe bet there will be dual audio. 

Uh, ASW isn't doing the localization so I don't see what that has to do with anything.  Blazblue was localized by Aksys, but given the nature of the IP here I think it's a safe bet that Atlus will be handling this one and they have not traditionally favored the dual audio approach.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 04:57:58 PM »

I agree, ATLUS will publish it so it's in their hands. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »

On the other hand Atlus DOES try to do it when it's practical, and this is the time it'll likely be most practical. This is the only MegaTen game I'd seriously expect dual audio for, unlike every other entry.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »

Now that I think about it, I hope that the game has a choice to between English and Japanese audio. I can't play fighting games in any other language than Japanese with the exception of Soul Calibur.

With ASW handling it, I think it's a very safe bet there will be dual audio. 

Uh, ASW isn't doing the localization so I don't see what that has to do with anything.  Blazblue was localized by Aksys, but given the nature of the IP here I think it's a safe bet that Atlus will be handling this one and they have not traditionally favored the dual audio approach.

True.  This is a fighting game though.  Even if it has a story mode, there probably won't be that much audio.  It's still possible.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 07:49:41 PM »

I think it depends on how the story mode will be like as to how much audio is in it. Are they gonna do it visual novel style ala Blazblu, or are they gonna try to make more RPG styled since it is after all a fighting game that takes place in an rpg world. Quite honestly I'd love to see a huge story mode like Dissidia's where you level up your characters and buy equipment and such for them.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 08:17:56 PM »

I think it depends on how the story mode will be like as to how much audio is in it. Are they gonna do it visual novel style ala Blazblu, or are they gonna try to make more RPG styled since it is after all a fighting game that takes place in an rpg world. Quite honestly I'd love to see a huge story mode like Dissidia's where you level up your characters and buy equipment and such for them.

It'd probably be closer to Blazblue, but even more RPG-styled probably wouldn't require as much VA as a proper RPG with extensive VA, plus Blazblue clearly programs their games with the ability for multiple voicetracks. Heck, I bet this IS on the same engine as Blazblue anyway.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:59:18 PM by Eusis » Logged
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:03 PM »

Didn't Arc System Works want to make BlazBlue an RPG in the first place anyway?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 02:52:13 AM »

Heck, I bet this IS on the same engine as Blazblue anyway.

from andriasang:

The newly opened Persona PR blog also revealed today that the game will make use of Taito's NESiCAxLive and Taito Type X2 hardware and distribution system for its arcade version. This isn't too surprising considering that the BlazBlue games use a similar setup.
RicJFNas

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 07:21:11 AM »

Since It's ArcSistems that's making the game it can'tturn out wrong, though there is a down side for Blazblue fans like me. If they're making this game we won't be seeng another BB in a while, aside from the CS II + for Vita. Still, I'm looking forward to this game.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »

Heck, I bet this IS on the same engine as Blazblue anyway.

from andriasang:

The newly opened Persona PR blog also revealed today that the game will make use of Taito's NESiCAxLive and Taito Type X2 hardware and distribution system for its arcade version. This isn't too surprising considering that the BlazBlue games use a similar setup.

So does KoF13 though.  NesicaXLive just allows for some extra features like national leaderboards, downloadable games, and the like.  Also, I believe it sets a standard price (100) for gaming

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »

Gameplay video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpq41IqOjPM&feature=player_embedded

Large amount of screenshots: http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/09/08/persona_4_ultimate_screens/

MC reminds me of Ky Kiske.  Chie looks fun.  Double team attacks with persona? Should be interesting.

Also I don't think persona are selectable.  Characters use their ones from the story it seems.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »

Anyone else finds it weird they called the MC Yu Narukami?
People have been used for a while to Seta Souji because of the Persona 4 manga.
Kind of a kick in the nuts to the author =/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:36:06 PM by Annubis » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »

Kanji! Naoto!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 05:19:57 PM »

Also I don't think persona are selectable.  Characters use their ones from the story it seems.

From this screen it looks like the glasses and personas may be selectable though.

Anyone else finds it weird they called the MC Yu Narukami?
People have been used for a while to Seta Souji because of the Persona 4 manga.
Kind of a kick in the nuts to the author =/

It's his name in the anime

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 05:38:07 PM »

It's his name in the anime

Is it? Double kick in the nuts then for a soon to be 3 year old publication.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: