Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334851 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)  (Read 39319 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »

Figures, the day after I switch.  Admittedly, the achievos were the allure since I do enjoy hunting for them where as trophies I don't really care for since the 360 is the main console I play.  I will shit a brick if it turns out the 360 version is the better one.

I don't know who I'm going to use.  Possibly Akihiko and someone else who I don't know yet.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »

I'm maining with the Robot Chicks first.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »

Have to admit, I'm disappointed about the size of the soundtrack. Not up to snuff with the stuff they gave us for all their recent release/re-releases...

Is the same album as the one that was released in Japan. Is not common to see arrange soundtracks released outside of Japan (so far as I know), besides, this as a VGM fan is a pretty nice bonus.

Think Atlus did the same thing with Radiant Historia and put in the first-print of the game the arrange album.

So, mains?

Elizabeth here.

I intend to main Mitsuru and Aigis but I'll just mess around with everyone to see with what character I feel more comfortable playing.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »

I'm going to wait until I play the game before I decide who my main is...

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »

Probably finish the story before I figure that out, although it took me about 20 minutes to realize Noel was better than anything else in BlazBlue. And also I am a big VGM fan, I listen to P3/P4 and Earthbound's soundtrack on a regular basis. :D

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »

Planning on maining Yukiko, but I'm going to try the whole cast because everyone looks like fun to play.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nibCch3Gjo&feature=g-all-u

Giant Bomb's quick look is out. They even got Aram to come out! They play a little bit of Chie's story, can't tell if I hate her voice or not.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2012, 08:27:04 AM »

Persona 4 Arena Basic Mechanics (13:57min)

And also, P4A Moves, Characters, Combos and Strategy Guides.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2012, 11:48:37 PM »

We are in the final countdown. Around 3ish tomorrow, I will not emerge from the house until that game is done. Good luck everyone.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »

Dabbled in training/challenge mode, will really get into it later. Elizabeth is awesome.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »

Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting...

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »

Got it around 1:00 today, earlier than I expected. Tore that box open so fast. Here are my first impressions, forgive me if they are a lot of comparisons to BlazBlue, its the only fighting game I've ever enjoyed and played for a long time.

First thing I did was the Tutorial, which is excellent! The game is obviously ment for a fight stick, but the only thing I had trouble doing on my controller was a Rapid Cancel, everything else was just easy.

Then I went to the gallery mode and noticed...it was already 53% completed? Kind of weird.

Finally jumped head first into the Story. Started with Yu. Played for around two hours, yet only fought four people. The story is very deep for a fighting game. I'm not done with Yu's story, but I just fought Elizabeth. Talking to her made me realize just how bad Margaret was in comparison. Nearly jumped out of my seat when she along with Burn My Dread (Final battle) came!

The fighting is really different from BlazBlue. Just as fast, but trying to pull of cool moves is harder with the lack of a drive button, but it does make it more strategic. Trying hard not to use the Auto Combo, but god damn is it just so easy to abuse!

More from me later as I continue.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »

Yeah, auto combo builds nice meter but damage is weaksauce as it should be.

The game is obviously ment for a fight stick, but the only thing I had trouble doing on my controller was a Rapid Cancel, everything else was just easy.

The 2 x 2 format carries over well to controller I imagine, but definitely the bursts and the one more hit system might be a little awkward needing to hit 3 buttons.  I decided to use:
ACD
B

as my format and it works pretty well if anyone wants to try a different setup.

Overall, fun game.  Love the return of P4 music in places.  Gonna sit down tomorrow and try to learn some more advanced combos to get a better feel of things.  It definitely feels different.  Also happy there is no drive button.  Not really a fan of it. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »

I finally got done with the initial characters. Its a shame that Yosuke's, Yukiko's, and Chie's are all about the same, just with differences based on character and such. Yu's is the only one thats really different. Also, the Chie Steak meme has finally gotten the best fanservice ever.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2012, 11:35:57 PM »

This game is my dream come true.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: