Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 02:45:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330148 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Atlus)  (Read 37537 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2012, 09:19:53 PM »

ive got the trophy for fighting every character online so i cant say ive had that problem. about autocombo....learn to block? some characters have attack strings in their auto combo that arent available manually.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2012, 10:56:06 PM »

It's not really about blocking or not being able to.  Some are indeed very punishable depending on how they end the blockstring and they pretty much do crap damage regardless with few exceptions.  I personally just find it tiresome playing matches over and over again against people just slamming their hands against the buttons praying for a hail mary hit.  That's why I'm taking a break from it and not stopping altogether since it really is a good game.  Eventually players get their game together.  It happened in Street Fighter and it happened in Marvel, it will happen here too.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »

Best game ever, more meaningful than papo and yo.. awesome

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »

well i use autocombo but i dont overuse it like some people do. whats worse ive is ive seen people who constantly try to all out attack you. ive a yu that uses no specials just normals some basic combos and all out attack. but i really dont see how auto combo is any worse than an aigis or labrys player spamming the same combo thats not auto on you anytime they get some momentum.

by the way story and arcade rediculously easy here. i think its the 1st fighter ive played without a super cheap boss or ai. they seem to of left that for score attack.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2012, 09:26:44 AM »

Guilty Gear with persona themes.

Don't like guilty gear.
FUCKING HATE Persona 3, and probably wouldn't enjoy 4 all that much.

Knowing this, still played it this past weekend. Haven't spoken about it because I couldn't process how to say what I disliked exactly. I had fun playing it because I sat there and made fun of it, but I can do that with any game really. I don't like the fighting system, especially that auto combo shit, it's lame. I hate when fighting games give characters varying levels of health and damage resistance, it's so fucking stupid. As I didn't like persona's music in general (haet j-pop), don't like most of the music. The only thing I did like were the character portraits, because Mitsuru, Yukiko, and Rise are just anime gorgeous, and Teddy is hillarious looking. If I walked into this game never having touched persona or guilty gear, I still would have greatly disliked it on its fighting system alone. This game was seriously made for persona fans only, and I cannot see serious fighting game players jumping on board, however most serious fighting gamers are anime fans, so they'll probably flock to it.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2012, 04:22:49 PM »

Guilty Gear with persona themes.

Not really.  It's more like a faster Blazblue without a drive button and persona themes.

I hate when fighting games give characters varying levels of health and damage resistance, it's so fucking stupid.

So characters like Chun-li or Sakura should have the same stamina/health as characters like Zangief or the Incredible Hulk (MvC3)?  Characters that have less health are often faster, more agile, and have crazier gameplay than higher stamina characters (see C. Viper, Akuma, Millia, Elizabeth, etc).  Their tricks are balanced around their low/high health.  It allows developers to try new things and give characters a flavor that they otherwise could not.  Sure, it can work for some games like KoF, but it does, to a certain extent, limit what they can and can't let characters do.  You can't create a pixie character like Millia, who has sick oki, amazingly useful IADs, and ridiculously fast overheads and give her the same health as a standard Ryu type character.  It just won't work if you want a balanced game (which is a must these days more than ever).

Also, fighting games normally don't give different amounts of damage resistances to different characters.  Their health varies, but they each have the same length health bar which gives the illusion that they take damage harder when they really don't.  Some games might have mechanics that change this across the board.  P4A's awakening gives users a defensive boost.  Some games have a guts mechanic where you take less damage the less health you have, though it's across the board for every character.

This game was seriously made for persona fans only

It obviously was made to appeal to persona fans as well as fighting game fans otherwise I highly doubt they would have included as many mechanics as they did.  And they wouldn't have bothered toning Chie or Mitsuru down in the first patch because the majority of casual fans wouldn't be able to use the characters to their full potential to warrant nerfing them anyway.

however most serious fighting gamers are anime fans, so they'll probably flock to it.
lol no, they definitely aren't.  Most of the serious, well-known players couldn't care less about Guilty Gear, Blazblue, or Melty Blood. 

Yet, many have given Persona a chance.  We'll see how long it lasts before they go back to Marvel or Street Fighter.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

Well, Akanbe already dissected your post so that's good. So much wrong there. It offended me as a fighting game player.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »

It offended me because Agent D said it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »

You are our hero Akanbe.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »

Re: Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3/360/Arc) Announced (2012,ASW/Aty convey my thoughts about it. I'll use the cliffnotes version.

Blazblue=Guilty Gear with a fresh coat of paint and a few new functions. P4A is Blazblue with a bunch of highschool kids and figments of their imagination.

Sakura and chun li are 1/4 the size of zangief, and have half his range and no grab priority. Good zangief players can decimate chun li, and sakura is trash with or without bad health. It's been a pretty common thing in most fighting games for years, they call it balancing. The health shit is just stupid, and ever since akuma and his shit health back Capcom vs Snk, it's been bullshit. I'll cave on the damage resistance, because it's really just a different way of saying the same thing on paper. Chun li takes more or damage or has leath health, she takes a bigger loss in her health bar per hit.

Just because the big names at Evo and the sort aren't fans of anime fighting games (seriously arguing this?) doesn't mean that the majority of fighting game fans, both serious and casual, are not anime fans. This especially is true because most of the current fighting games are of an anime style, aside from maybe wrestling games, which generally cater to wrestling fans. I really can't believe you'd think otherwise.

If I offended any fighting game fans here, I'm sorry. Obviously persona has an audience, and as much as I would beg and plead with all of you to stop playing it as it's FUCKING TERRIBLE, people will, and they'll probably like this piece of shit. Go play it if you like, you'll enjoy it if you like blazblue or persona. I don't like either.

TASTY!
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2012, 02:32:13 AM »

and you call me a hater.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2012, 02:38:02 AM »

I should mention I'm pretty tired and doing this off my smartphone.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2012, 05:14:47 AM »

Agent D., I would have more respect for your position if you had an argument that ran any deeper than, "I hate this game 'cause it's stupid."  As it stands you have failed to explain why any of the things you object to are actually bad things, rather than just being your personal preference.  If you were simply stating that you didn't like the style and it wasn't for you then that would be that, but instead you insist that the game is a "piece of shit" and persist in insulting people who enjoy it all the while failing to muster a single coherent criticism of the game.

So yeah, fuck you.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2012, 11:32:28 AM »

Christ I wanna smack you for that. Not once did I insult anyone directly, outside of the damned franchise. If you like persona, which shitloads of people do, good enjoy. I hate it, it's a terrible franchise with a horrible concept for a plot device and characters that aren't old enough to cross the fucking street by themself. Did I quote anyone here and dissect their post, pointing out errors or disagreeable comments? No, I generalized what I said so that I didn't say akanbe is a terrible person for thinking varying health bars for characters is a good thing tbough I did defend my point. I didn't say you all suck for liking it, though I said the game sucks and you shouldn't like it, which I stand by. The only person who has made any insult besides starmongoose (but he's funny so I let it slide) is you.

Edit: I didn't care for what I said in the end after I said it. I'm changing it to something less extreme.

So Kevadue, if you don't like my opinion, then buzz off.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:53:51 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »

I'm no psychologist, but I think that anger has nothing to do with Persona 4A.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: