Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 08:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318956 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Quest X Online: Rise of the Five Tribes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest X Online: Rise of the Five Tribes  (Read 10879 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »

As long as it doesn't require more money than the game itself I can probably let it slide.
The sad thing about it is that X just like IX probably won't have a party that interacts with you and you build a relationship with. It's either going to be some generic random dudes or some random guy I meet online.

Of the two DQ I played to the end with IX still at the very beginning just one, Dragon Quest V which I really liked the characters and story but VIII is still have somewhat enjoyable characters even if it has a crappy story.

Now IX if it weren't for the good gameplay I don't know because so far there's no decent character in it and I'm afraid DQX will be even worse.

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 11:04:13 PM »

You guys are so weird. What's with the total Wii hate? I'm not a wii fangirl by any means (shovelware, M&M cart racing, lol), but I would think everyone would be jumping through the roof over the fact that the Wii is GETTING an MMO/RPG. Yeah, PS3/XBox360 would be nice, too, but I'm glad my poor little Wii is still getting some love.

If the online content is free, I'd definitely be interested. I think the only way I'd pay for an MMO is if my friends are playing it. FFXI was a drag because by the time I got a computer to handle it, everyone had left. :|

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 11:49:50 PM »

You guys are so weird. What's with the total Wii hate?

This has nothing to do with this being on the Wii.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 12:21:27 AM »

Well, unless you meant literally to 'screw the wii' in which case, Bravo, RPGFan! I totally fell for that. <3

If it's about the MMO aspect, that i get.

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 02:30:59 AM »

All interest I had in the game evaporated when it was revealed that it is an online RPG.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 02:55:49 AM »

I don't know what's worse here: The fact enough people may skip that there MIGHT (probably not) end up being so few I'd just have to solo it like a single player game anyway... Or the fact I can't really blame them. At the least I hope this handles the "going from single player to MMO" angle FAR better than FFXI did, given how damn antagonistic that was to solo'ing for a long time (and still is?)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 03:42:42 AM »

It also has to do with the Wii not exactly being built with internet gaming in mind like the PS360 are. Unless Squeenix does a full, online gaming suite (ala Mario Kart Wii); which, given their effort in making use of the DSi's WPA encryption for DQIX (i.e. none), is not something I expect them to do. Besides given how DQIX was designed with Japan first and foremost with barely an afterthought given to other territories, I fully expect this game to completely fail to adjust to outside markets.

Also everybody and their brother has cracked their Wii wide open (mostly to get around that ridiculous region locking for games like Xenoblade and Fatal Frame 4). I can already see the mountains of cheaters and pirates sucking the fun out of the online experience like any other online Wii game.

And then there's the fact that Xenoblade, probably the single best console JRPG in years, has so far completely skipped over the US. And not only that game but other RPGs on Nintendo consoles have been getting skipped over as well like The Last Story and Fire Emblem DS2. The US completely missing out on DQX is too within the realm of possibility for me to get worked up for this game.

The tl;dr is the invariable mountain of Friend Codes that players are going to need to memorize, as well as phone numbers/email addresses/twitter accounts/facebook pages/ect to communicate with because DQX won't be offering much of any alternative if any at all to these things, assuming we even get it of course.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 04:58:20 AM »

http://support.jp.square-enix.com/fa...aqtop&c=4&sc=0

"When you start the game, the first few hours can be played offline. To play all of the game you will require an internet connection."

That's disappointing.

Yuck! WTF are they doing to Dragon Quest?

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 05:36:02 AM »

I don't mind it being an MMO but fuck paying a monthly fee to play a FUCKING WII GAME. Just scrap the Wii version and do Wuu one or better yet make it for PS3.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »

I don't mind it being an MMO but fuck paying a monthly fee to play a FUCKING WII GAME. Just scrap the Wii version and do Wuu one or better yet make it for PS3.

You've said that already. They aren't going to listen to you.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 07:56:27 AM »

Well, I know I won't be playing this game. I never liked MMOs, and this isn't going to change my mind.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »

I'm not surprised at all. DQIX really wanted to be an MMO anyway, and, as an earlier poster said, this looks like the natural progression from there.

Also, regardless of how optimal Wii's online is, people did still pay to play PSO back in the Dreamcast and Gamecube days. I don't see how this could be any worse.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 09:44:30 AM »

The biggest complaint would be buying the game a 2nd time for Wii-U.  They said that you can login to your same account from your Wii version, and your characters will be there. 

So, they don't need to wait for the Wii-U.  Getting it for Wii, earlier, is actually a bonus.

Also, Monster Hunter Tri didn't require friend codes.  You could meet people in public lobbies.  The whole situation isn't bad.

The weekend rockstars are in the toilet, practicing their lines...
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 03:40:03 PM »

YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PERSON SQAURE ENIX IS MAKING GAMES FOR!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »

YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PERSON SQAURE ENIX IS MAKING GAMES FOR!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: