Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 11:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337766 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Starfox Command
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Starfox Command  (Read 1134 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:16:14 PM »

Did anyone buy this?

I bought it today, and after searching high and low, from store to store, I finally found it, only to find out through reviews that it's mostly drawing out routes with the stylus on the touch screen, in a turn-based fashion with your enemies, and then proceeding to have dog fights. Luckily I didn't open up the shrink wrap around the game, so I could return it.

I should have taken a look at the reviews first, before buying, but I was sure this would be the same Starfox we have all come to know and love for the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64.

I'm sure, on its own two feet, it stands as a fun enough game, but if it's not the original formula, then I'd rather pass and play something else.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:22:02 PM »

From what I glanced at the reviews, it sounds like it does retain the basic gameplay of the games, so this isn't like Star Fox Adventures where the original gameplay was tacked on as litterally an afterthought. However, I heard complaints of the levels feeling 'randomly generated', so take that as you will.

It sounds kinda interesting, but I can't help but feel that Nintendo doesn't know how to innovate Star Fox, so they keep throwing stupid shit in like this. Hopefully the method of control offered by the Wiimote will make them create a more traditional Star Fox.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 11:03:18 PM »

After the fairly disappoing Starfox Assault I'm going to remain wary of the series. The new strategic elements don't interest me at all, so I won't be buying this one. Personally I think Starfox would be just fine if left as a 3D rail shooter. What really needs work with the series is storylines. Adventures was meh plotwise and Assault was complete garbage. I couldn't tell you how the original Starfox was as far as story went since the graphics were too hard on my eyes for me to get past the second level, but Starfox 64 at least had a solid plot. Shallow for the most part, but solid.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:12:11 AM »

Starfox always struck me as a clunky and boring Space Harrier clone~ And I didn't get an SNES until the system was basically dead, so I never grew up with this stuff.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 08:39:32 PM »

I bought it a while ago (along with Disgaea 2) and beaten it a few times. Yea it is different than the other ones and stilll not a pure shooter, but I find it enjoyable in it's own way. Defanitely not the best star fox game I played, but it doe's not suck at least. Wi-fi is pretty fun too, if no one disconnects. It defanitely is a love it or hate it game though.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: