Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335250 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Tales countdown site
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Tales countdown site  (Read 3045 times)
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 05:27:25 PM »

Other than handheld games, what have we really missed lately?

It`s not exactly "lately", but they haven`t localized Tales of Destiny II, Tales of Destiny Remake, Tales of Phantasia: Full Voice Edition and Tales of Rebirth. The way I look at it, the 2D Tales games are the only ones worth playing, so Namco passing them up for something like Tales of Graces and Tales of Abyss is some serious bullshit. Now I have played them in Japanese, but still wouldn`t mind getting them in English for better enjoyment.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »

They are screwing with the fandom.

How much money do you need to localize ToV PS3?  The English script is already there.  The game sold much better in Japan than the Xbox version.  Why don't they fathom the idea that it might sell well here as well?  BTW, I own both the xbox eng. version and ps3 version, and I dont feel like they added that much script and voice work in the ps3 version, comparing to going from ToG to ToGF.

This is similar to the Xenoblade situation.  The game is already more or less localized.  They don't want to release it because they think they are going to lose money by printing it.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:13:25 PM by lavarock » Logged
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 06:33:10 PM »

If they thought they would make money, they would release more games here. Clearly, they don't. The publishers are in the business of making money, not pleasing the "fandom". Sure, those two things sometimes go hand in hand, but not always. We will see how many people actually buy Tales of Graces when it comes out here.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »

It's not that. They would make money, but not enough to warrant the effort (and their numbers are really high). Bamco is like the complete opposite of NISA in that sense.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »

I'd like to see that list with the ports scrubbed out (ToE and possibly ToP PS1/PSP can stay due to being distinct from what we got), I imagine for the most parts the ones left will be the 2D PS2 games and most of the handhelds titles, and the former's more of a shame than the latter. Innocence was supposed to be decent, and it sounds like Hearts really was great, and either way it'd have been nice to have gotten a new one for DS, but I doubt most of those PSP titles skipped over were really a loss unless... well, they were ports of the 2D PS2 titles to begin with.

And it IS frustrating to have a port of a game hit another system and fail to come out outside of the original region, but it's better than the aforementioned Xenoblade, being localized and released in one region PERIOD.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 10:17:43 AM »

Tales of Innocence R for PSVita. Should be good and hopefully we get it this time! I have been wanting to play this one for a LONG time, and the only way would be to download and use the fan translation from AbsoluteZero.

O and there is another countdown now, so there are announcing multiple Tales games again.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 10:39:06 AM »

Tales of Innocence R for PSVita. Should be good and hopefully we get it this time! I have been wanting to play this one for a LONG time, and the only way would be to download and use the fan translation from AbsoluteZero.

O and there is another countdown now, so there are announcing multiple Tales games again.
Still fearing for the worst.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »

Yeah, I'm not excited. I would've preferred Tales of Hearts by a mile, ToI just wasn't that good. I'll still get it if it comes out here, since playing it on the Vita will be way better than playing it on my computer, but um...they better do Tales of Hearts next, that's for sure.

Forget everything I just said, it's a reimagining, not a remake. Now I'm excited.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:54:02 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »

Thank God.  I liked Innocence, but it totally lacked polish.... like completely.
The game needed this, it had the ingredients for a good great game, but fucked up cooking it up.  This should be nice...!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 03:46:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo-CUdAZGis&feature=feedu

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 04:01:48 AM »

They are screwing with the fandom.

How much money do you need to localize ToV PS3?  The English script is already there.  The game sold much better in Japan than the Xbox version.  Why don't they fathom the idea that it might sell well here as well?  BTW, I own both the xbox eng. version and ps3 version, and I dont feel like they added that much script and voice work in the ps3 version, comparing to going from ToG to ToGF.

This is similar to the Xenoblade situation.  The game is already more or less localized.  They don't want to release it because they think they are going to lose money by printing it.

Mass Effect 2 and Eternal Sonata would like to have a word with you.

Xenoblade is a new game, not an enhanced port of a game coming out over a year after the original game. By now any such release would be met with dismal sales. And I mean dismal as in "they're struggling to get 25k" not "oh, they barely broke 100k."

This isn't Japan.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:06:18 AM by Leyviur » Logged

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »

The game sold much better in Japan than the Xbox version.

This part, at least, raised an eyebrow for me...isn't that only because the XBox isn't doing that hot in Japan VS the PS3 anyway? This isn't the case with the rest of the world.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: