Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 02:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319060 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Indie RPG Group Looking For Quest Designer/Writer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Indie RPG Group Looking For Quest Designer/Writer  (Read 3089 times)
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:10 PM »

Hey guys,

Since I'm an old dog on these forums, I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone would be interested in working on an indie project as a quest designer/writer. Here's the job write up:

Our current team consists of one programmer, one designer, two artists and one writer. We are creating a fantasy RPG.

We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our indie RPG team as a writer. Duties would include creative writing, dialogue writing, research, editing, quest design and story development. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of game pacing, quest mechanics, outstanding written skills, self motivated, the ability to work within a team and an absolute passion for RPGs.

Responsibilities:
Quickly write and iterate on compelling dialogue for quests, characters and scenes.
Ability to expand and add value to a pre-defined story, while maintaining the game's vision.
Do research, gathering and documentation for the title.
Perform editing tasks as needed.

Requirements:
Good understanding of the ebb and flow of an RPG.
Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
Able to create compelling dialogue for use in an interactive world
Ability to work independently on writing tasks
Excellent organizational skills and able to work under deadlines
Able to work and thrive in a global team environment (Our team works together from various parts of North America)
A vast knowledge of current successful IPs within the RPG field in today's culture

Plus:
Experience writing for an RPG or other dialogue-intensive interactive game
Experience creating and running PnP RPG campaigns
Experience designing and playing PC RPGs
An understanding of Turn-Based Strategy titles

If interested, please send an example of a quest or quest line to "timothy.kiem at gmail.com". The email subject line should read "Indie RPG Writer Application".
The example should be original with all dialogue or narration included set in a fantasy world. This should be no more than 2 pages at 10 font size.

All applications will receive a reply confirming that it is being reviewed. If you do not see an email from us, please send me a PM on these forums for an update.

Thank you :)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:49:22 PM by Kiem » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »

Any chance your group has a website? Or you could post some info about the game you're working on?

Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 01:20:44 AM »

Hi!

No website as of yet. I'll answer the PM here as I'm sure everyone will have similar inquiries.

The project is already in development design wise. Programming will begin once the game design has been finalized, this should be sometime in July. The main story arc has already been outlined by the writer and myself.

The basic gameplay style is a Turn Based RPG with an Active Turn Based combat system.

The main reason for this job opening is to assist the current writer with quest lines and side quests that are relevant and which adds to the narrative of the characters and world.
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53:37 AM »

Hey guys,

We could still use some submissions and writing staff on the project. I'm a firm believer that our industry needs to support great writing and I'd love to use this opportunity to bring just that to the RPG indie fanbase.

All submissions will be read and replied to :)

Thank you.
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 04:53:08 PM »

Hiyas again,

We're still looking for interested applicants. I know there hasn't been much information about the title, so here's a link to the game's blog.

http://dominionarts.blogspot.com/

I hope this isn't considered spam >.> Eusis loves me!
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »

A quick bump.

We're still looking for 2 more writers to join the team :) Blog link above has many cool updates if you've not checked it out!
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »

We're in the home stretch of story crafting but would like to get 2 writers on board to create side quests to add to our core narrative.

Please have skype ready when you apply :) My skype handle is tim.kiem.

Thank you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: