Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 04:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335244 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Heroes of Neverwinter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Heroes of Neverwinter  (Read 2256 times)
Empire4xAttache

I command. I conquer.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »

So who here is excited about Heroes of Neverwinter? It's essentially DnD on Facebook, but what a progression from where games like this started - if you don't know, basically you control a party of four characters (orc, warlock, elf and dragon type characters) to expand your map, discover traps, battle bosses, etc. I was a huge DnD fan back in the day and I've been having fun with other FB-based OSGs (like Empires & Allies) so I'm pretty stoked for this. Big fun potential with little time commitment.

The game is in beta but my blog (ADMIN EDITED OUT) was given four beta keys (which we're giving away), and I'm putting a formal review together now. Curious to see what the interest is for HoN and if you guys are planning on spending any real time inside of it! Hope to see you around.

ADMIN EDIT: It's a legitimate game so I'll leave this open, but I'd rather a first post/thread wasn't about advertising your blog and the keys you have. Though with just four they're probably gone or will soon be gone anyway.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:47:16 PM by Eusis » Logged

Check out my gaming blog OSG1: all indie, no advertisements, all awesome! www.osg1.com
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »

LOL I didn't think that picture would still be on the server after all this time. :P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »

LOL I didn't think that picture would still be on the server after all this time. :P

Actually, you're wrong, DR, this one's legit.  Done by Atari.  Has the official D&D license.  (The blog link, on the other hand... yeah, maybe)

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:00:59 PM »

The dude registered to post a single topic linking to his blog and promising free beta keys, so Id say its pretty safe to call it spam. How legit it is though? Hard to say.

The game itself has the look of an Indie title, would never have guessed its a fully licensed product. Also, the abbreviation "HoN" is bound to cause some confusion among a certain player demographic.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »

Actually, you're wrong, DR, this one's legit.  Done by Atari.  Has the official D&D license.  (The blog link, on the other hand... yeah, maybe)

That, combined with the fact he IS a legitimate person and not just a spam bot, was why I hesitated in doing anything. Still, I guess the blog link should go.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34:10 PM »

(The blog link, on the other hand... yeah, maybe)

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, not the Facebook app. :P 

Empire4xAttache

I command. I conquer.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:32:25 PM »

Granted it is a link to my [small and non-advertising driven] blog, I make zero money on it, but I did link to it and I was able to get my hands on four beta keys to a pretty radical game, so I posted about / promoted it in an RPG forum. Is that really spam? Maybe technically, but at least my blog received loads of interest in the keys which was my main goal. No one is making money here. I'm a one man show promoting my content where [I believe] people are interested in it. If it put anyone off, it shouldn't have.

EDIT: All of that being said, it's still a sick game, I've been playing it for the past week, and if anyone else is interested, please discuss it! As an old school DnD fan I was waiting for something like Heroes of Neverwinter for ages.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:34:45 PM by Empire4xAttache » Logged

Check out my gaming blog OSG1: all indie, no advertisements, all awesome! www.osg1.com
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »

Hey, just as an FYI, feel free to advertise your blog in your signature - just try not to do it in posts.  We're working on getting folks here on Heroes of Neverwinter to try it out for writing.

Cheers!
-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »

Cant really blame people for thinking its spam (especially since it kind of is). You pretty much did a forum advert hit and run. I'm actually surprised to see you reply.
Personally, I've pretty much lost interest in facebook games lately, they are supposed to be passive, but actually take up a ton of time if you want to play them efficiently.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Empire4xAttache

I command. I conquer.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 12:39:45 AM »

What differentiates spam from sharing a link among gamers who'd be the people most likely interested in it? Besides, it's just me, my personal blog, and it's starting to grow some legs and get regular page views. Plus, if people like what I'm writing (which many seem to do in fact like what I write), it's the opposite of spam, isn't it? Providing info that people want to read?

ANYway :) - I quite enjoy the occasional FB game, as they tie in social aspects of communicating with your friends into the games you enjoy and like to play. No longer is gaming and socializing separate. I have to say I was rather disappointed with Civ World (most people were, especially die hard Civilization fans), but games like Empires & Allies et al are being developed really well, new features are constantly being added, etc. It's a platform that allows for constant development (more constant than console or PC games).

Anyway, I'm including a link to my blog in my signature. Hope that appeases everyone while still leaving a way for people interested to check out an indie gamer blog with some pretty f*cking great articles, if I do say so myself. Cheers.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: