Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 71775 times)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »

"Waving the e-peen flag" seems fine to me given the usual discussion level and moderation on this board over the years I've read it. And are you seriously setting up a strawman by pretending to psychoanalyze someone? "This all stems from your inability to allow others to make any sort of negative remark about games you like." That's condescending, insulting, and wrong. It would be far more reasonable if moderators were accepted based on relevant qualifications, rather than being "contributing editors".

edited
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:14:46 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill, you made slightly antagonistic remarks (though Aeolus isn't really fully innocent either) and were warned to avoid doing so, whether you think Ash is innocent of this or not (he certainly is in this thread) doesn't change the fact he was right to tell you to stop it. Now let's drop this or I'll lock the thread.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill, you made slightly antagonistic remarks (though Aeolus isn't really fully innocent either) and were warned to avoid doing so, whether you think Ash is innocent of this or not (he certainly is in this thread) doesn't change the fact he was right to tell you to stop it. Now let's drop this or I'll lock the thread.

Well if that's the case then I'll apologize for my previous remarks and hopefully end this unfortunate derail.

Besides I can't really stand by my original opinion on this game's proposed MU anyway since, from what I've seen so far, this game's going for something closer to what FEVII used rather than FEDS2's MU (i.e. a strategist that you can field rather than an actual playable character). And in all honesty I kinda preferred FEDS2's version of the MU versus what I've seen thus far since you could do more with your MC's appearance aside from giving him/her more/less stubbier legs and different color hair + voice in the vain effort to add in any redeeming value to the otherwise awful character design.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »

New Trailer

Wait, Marth!?

Welp, suddenly the two FEDS games make sense now, as it's FE3 all over again. Even if that isn't Marth, chances are pretty good that this game's set in the same region that FEs 1, 3, BS, DS1, and DS2 were.

Edit: Oh and by the way; European release confirmed. Come on XSeeD, bring it on home.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:57:44 PM by Aeolus » Logged

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »

I quite enjoy permadeath in fire emblem, even with that sinking feeling when a favorite character dies and it's all your fault Or maybe because of it, that drama immersing you more in the game.

But it's good that they're putting in a option to turn it off. Permadeath doesn't mean anything if you're not willing to play by those rules, which is to say, you keep resetting. Then all you're doing is frustrating the hell out of the player.

There should still be some deterrent though, probably a financial one, so you don't try to cheese your way through with not so suicidal suicide tactics.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »

New Trailer

Wait, Marth!?

Welp, suddenly the two FEDS games make sense now, as it's FE3 all over again. Even if that isn't Marth, chances are pretty good that this game's set in the same region that FEs 1, 3, BS, DS1, and DS2 were.
It's Ephraim looking WAY closer to Marth. It all makes sense.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 12:43:39 AM »

New Trailer

Wait, Marth!?

It's Ephraim looking WAY closer to Marth. It all makes sense.

I doubt that is the case. His hair isn't spiky enough to be Ephraim.

Compare this and this with these three images taken from the video. At the very least I would wager that we're looking at Marth's descendant.

Besides I would wager that Ephraim's too busy rebuilding Renais with his sister (nudge nudge). Also he uses spears only which was kinda his thing as it gives him WTA over his sister (wink wink).

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »

appearently the game has been confirmed for europe...
let the shitstorm commence...
http://www.destructoid.com/fire-emblem-awakening-confirmed-for-european-release-222503.phtml

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »

Old news.

There's a Fire Emblem 3DS though. I wish the damn things weren't region-locked.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2012, 03:01:57 PM »

I want to make love to that blue 3ds.....................

that being said the game was confirmed for europe in english

Thats already a huge start

I wouldnt be suprised if NOA doesnt mention it at E3. But is on there e3 site later with english shots.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/02/friends-can-help-you-win-fire-emblem-awakening-battles/

Street Pass will be a thing in this game unfortunately (re: DQIX), Supports are confirmed (for those who missed them in the DS games; also incredibly old news given how Support Attack/Defend was going to work), and transfarable MUs (I guess this is why MUs are stuck with one class and general appearance but again this will be meaningless to everyone outside of Japan).

Well actually this might not be as bad as DQIX was given the youth of the system and the lack of diverse alternatives. Now if 3DS owners would actually play something other than Resident Evil, Zelda OoT, Mario Kart....

Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »

I am ready to use my sword for good
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2012, 09:52:34 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/02/friends-can-help-you-win-fire-emblem-awakening-battles/

Street Pass will be a thing in this game unfortunately (re: DQIX), Supports are confirmed (for those who missed them in the DS games; also incredibly old news given how Support Attack/Defend was going to work), and transfarable MUs (I guess this is why MUs are stuck with one class and general appearance but again this will be meaningless to everyone outside of Japan).

Well actually this might not be as bad as DQIX was given the youth of the system and the lack of diverse alternatives. Now if 3DS owners would actually play something other than Resident Evil, Zelda OoT, Mario Kart....
Actually I met quite a few who played games like Tales of the Abyss.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »

When I get a 3DS, it will be for this and Zero Escape.

That is, if Fire Emblem's coming over. And it going to Europe increases North America's chances by a lot.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:26:01 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »

it increases it like 100 percent. To me at least. I feel very certain it will be at E3 on the website with 3-5 english sites with a US release along side the european one
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: