Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 06:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334462 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 70543 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:43 PM »

Some new Famitsu scans have cropped up and now there are branching class promotions ala FEVIII. Great Knights are back and apparently Clerics can now promote into a class that let's them whack baddies upside the head with an axe.

Additionally, looks like Akaneia isn't the only FE continent being revisited in this game. Compare images between the left end of the map in the corner and this map. Suddenly my theory that some of this game's DLC is going to basically act as an FEII remake seems a bit more likely now.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »

i need this game
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2012, 08:25:05 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con0a2/fire_emblem_trailer/

New trailer. Features cutscenes, gameplay, villains, black Pegasus, cameo characters, and lots of information that needs translation. I'll get back to this once I've figured out what all the text says.

Edit: Missed the part about some of the less obvious perks to the support system like Armor Knights benefiting from Peg Knight teamups with mobility. Finally, I can actually use non Oswin-like Armor Knights now instead of parking them on the bench as soon as I can.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:40:26 AM by Aeolus » Logged

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »

Great Knights are back and apparently Clerics can now promote into a class that let's them whack baddies upside the head with an axe.

The Battle Sister looks kinda crappy, honestly. You can use attack magic if you promote to Philosopher which seems to play more into the stat spread said characters would have. If I wanted a mage killer I'd stick to the pegasus knights. =P
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

Great Knights are back and apparently Clerics can now promote into a class that let's them whack baddies upside the head with an axe.

The Battle Sister looks kinda crappy, honestly. You can use attack magic if you promote to Philosopher which seems to play more into the stat spread said characters would have. If I wanted a mage killer I'd stick to the pegasus knights. =P

Yeah I kinda noticed that when I took a look at Mr. Green Knight's promotion to Great Knight and saw that he picks up a whopping +7 to defense and a nice +8 to HP and +5 to attack basically turning him into a brick shit house on four legs. O.o

But then again, Liz doesn't really care that much due to probably keeping staff use with both promotions which is almost always a good thing in of itself. Plus she could do much worse than with axes since they typically have the best might, the least problematic weapon rank requirements, and she seems to have enough skill to be able to make use them.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2012, 08:29:11 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con0c7/fire_emblem_iwata_asks/

Good Lord. That's one hell of a dodged bullet (not that they couldn't find a way to cram a Japanese High School in there (see: Skyward Sword's Knight's Academy) but an FE set in modern times would've guaranteed it). Not that I don't think the gameplay style couldn't work for other types of settings but that I wouldn't want to take a bet on taking a pre-established series and sending it into a new direction (see: pretty much any game that does this like BoFV, ect...).

Edit: Also new story trailer.

Double Edit: In addition recent Famitsus have indicated that Support Convos are back (doesn't specify as to which version but at least confirms that it's pre-Wii style) as well as a limited form of the Reclass option from the DS games (at the very least there's going to be an expendable item requirement to make use of this and the options are going to be far more limited).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:18:15 AM by Aeolus » Logged

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »

http://andriasang.com/con0hp/fire_emblem_love/

They really have tossed everything save for a second generation to practice eugenics on and the kitchen sink into this, and I'm not so sure about the eugenics. 0.o

(Well okay, they haven't stuck Berwick's Saga's Hexes and Mercenary Company concept that you can hire + wine and dine at a Bistro and base at an outfittible Headquarters yet.)

Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »

He said you could marry any of your allies, ergo there is gay marriage.

About time, Japan!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »

Too late for my Lyn x Rebecca pairing. ;_;

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »

Too late for my Lyn x Rebecca pairing. ;_;

Well. There's always Lyn x Florina (besides, Rebecca was canonically Wolt's momma in 6 (and Roy's Milk Momma; punk was born a pimp)).

He said you could marry any of your allies, ergo there is gay marriage.

About time, Japan!

Unfortunately it seems that the comment in question was only meant to describe the MU's options (makes sense since you can choose your own gender so you theoretically have your choice on the matter), everybody else is apparently hetro (though you never know).

Anyways, to add fuel to the fire emblem discussion on whether Masked Marth is really Marth or just some substitute you can download the real deal.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2012, 07:15:42 AM »

i dont get why marth is so popular in japan. and some dlc choices bewilder me. i mean Innes? really?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »

Let me guess. You want Lyn or some other strong female character? :P

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2012, 07:51:59 AM »

i dont get why marth is so popular in japan.

Because he's kawaii and girls can do Yaoi stuff with him? *shrugs*
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »

well they've already got another female myrmidon that im not familliar with. it just seems weird to me that they would choose Innes over Eirika or Ephram. if you've gotta chose a prepromote sniper louise,igreene and shinnon are all probally better than Innes.

if you wanna go that route there a decent a decent sized fanbase for Innes/Tana incest >_>
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:57:00 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »

well they've already got another female myrmidon that im not familliar with. it just seems weird to me that they would choose Innes over Eirika or Ephram. if you've gotta chose a prepromote sniper louise,igreene and shinnon are all probally better than Innes.

if you wanna go that route there a decent a decent sized fanbase for Innes/Tana incest >_>

Lolol, you should give FE4 a whirl once in a while, if for no other reason than because there really isn't another game quite like it.

Anyways, due to places like China playing fast and loose with release dates FE11 has already hit the streets and trip reports are getting posted as we speak (caution: spoilers).

A few things to note right off the bat:
Code:
The details on Not!Marth's identity is revealed inside. I will not spoiler this here except to mention that it's pretty well done IMO.
The game looks to be pretty long as it's clocking in at a few prologue chapters, 25 main story chapters, apparently 17 gaiden chapters, and a few epilogue chapters.
Pretty much everybody can have a kid provided you can find somebody to pair them off with.
There is a Lunatic Mode for those who feel that the game makes you way too overpowered with such toys as Reclassing, Casual Mode, Double, Dual, DLC, and Dynamic Skill lists among other things.
Though the game sounds like it's pretty challenging regardless (but that could be the result of people trying to blitz through the game and not make use of everything at their disposal).
And basic stats seem to have an upper limit of 80 HP and 50 to the other stats (of course class caps will likely put them closer to 40s or 30s).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: