Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341147 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 78037 times)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »

We already knew there was going to be a Lunatic mode months ago. What it also needs is a scoring system to take into account the amount of grinding available.

In any case, I highly doubt it's going to be as difficult as FE12 lunatic, or have a scoring system.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »

Whoops. I forgot about that.

He said you could marry any of your allies, ergo there is gay marriage.

About time, Japan!

Unfortunately it seems that the comment in question was only meant to describe the MU's options (makes sense since you can choose your own gender so you theoretically have your choice on the matter), everybody else is apparently hetro (though you never know).

Well apparently, while gay marriages are out, gay relationships aren't (as well as the occasional incest, even if some of it is only one sided
Code:
(Dammit Krom!)
).

Also apparently, there are some characters who won't get married to anybody aside from your MU (which basically means that they have no kids of their own since the MU's kid is fixed (unless it works like FE4 where it's the female who makes the kid and the male determines hair color and stats/skills inheritance)). Additionally, and unsurprisingly, Krom will be forced to get married at some point, even if it means hooking up with a generic female NPC. It looks like the playable unit count is up to 40 (27 units and 13 kids) with the possibility of more being unlocked under special circumstances.

Furthermore, there's a video of the first stage out on Youtube. Apparently the game starts on a rather interesting note.

Code:
It explains why your MU has amnesia as well as what all the time fuckery is about along with why that Jaffar wannabe has such terrible stats despite his prominence in the promotional material thus far.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2012, 05:17:33 AM »

you say about time but fire emblem has a history of suggestive homosexuality(usually involving peg knights and a female of nobility). and radiant dawn has the rather overt heather who i love.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2012, 02:04:39 AM »

So it's like Sacred Stones with FE4's romance/kids system with DLC and other stuff added in.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2012, 02:19:00 AM »

Yeah, it's the Monster of Frankenstein Fire Emblem... and that might actually be a good thing.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2012, 06:23:20 AM »

Yeah, I think I might really like this one, since one of my biggest problems with FE10 was that it felt way too bare-bones alongside the more modern FE games, in a bad way. The MU in Shin Monsho wasn't really enough to convince me to bother with it much, either.

Since they're keeping MU and combining a bunch of cool ideas they've had in the past, I want to see how it works together.

Bring this overseas, someone, and I will give you all my money.
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »

I have a feeling this will be the nintendo US "news" item
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »

http://andriasang.com/con0rq/fire_emblem_dlc/

Goddamn do Roy and Leaf look goofy. At the very least though, we can finally say "Yes. Marth and Roy are in it." Plus Roy doesn't look like he's 12 so that's something.

An amusing note so far is that one of the kids starts off as a female mercenary making her the second character in the entire series to fill that niche (and the first not to get retconned into a myrmidon). Another amusing note is that another kid is the goddamn Nightwing.

Additionally there's a video out for the first DLC stage.

Code:
Your team is on the first map from the first game alongside Marth, Arum, and Ike as you take on pretty much every playable leading female throughout the series (i.e. Caeda, Cellica, Diadora, Julia, Lilina, Lyn, Erika, Elincia, and Micaiah) while both the stage and battle music are not only the same as the original's but they're even in chiptune format as well.

Edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/20/drakengard-artist-helps-bring-roy-into-fire-emblem-awakening/

Ah. So that's why Roy looks like that. All that not-brown color threw me off (the lack of crocs didn't help things either). Now I can't not see Roy running around alongside Caim, hacking through wave after wave of Empire mooks, and building an A ranked support with Arioch.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:47:13 PM by Aeolus » Logged

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2012, 11:41:29 PM »

I actually really like the art/character design up to him drawing light armor. When he draws heavy armor it looks really to me, though.
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »

i was wrong
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »

http://andriasang.com/con0sy/media_create_sales/

Apparently, the game did well in Japan.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/25/fire-emblem-awakening-domain-name-heats-hopes-up-for-north-american-release/

So well that it got NoA to register a domain name for it.

No guarantees of course, but I've now got something to look forward to for E3 this year.

Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »

its basically guarenteed for worldwide
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »

Bumping because.... http://andriasang.com/con18w/fire_emblem_dlc/

OH GOD DAMMIT JAPAN!!!

(Granted, it's better than Peacock Celice, Parachute Pants Elincia, and Mickey McTitty but did you really have to make the female exclusive DLC class a fucking bride!?!)

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2012, 01:53:01 AM »

Oh no. My fears became true.

She married her brother. NoA is so not allowing twincest.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2012, 10:51:55 PM »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-fire-emblem-3ds-is-headed-west

It took them three E3 conferences just for this.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: