Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 07:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329391 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 64079 times)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2013, 05:59:44 AM »

Yeah, no FE is perfectly balanced, but some are far more balanced than others. I doubt this game will top FE12 for me.

It's not just the DLC, though. Certain class/weapon/skill combos involving the nosferatu tome can break the game as well.

I don't think it would be hard to implement a scoring system. Yes it would penalize players that want to grind everyone to max stats/supports, but those players are free to disregard the score they're rated at. Maybe if you played the game in casual mode you wouldn't get shown a score at all. That would probably make some players happier.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:01:35 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2013, 12:10:45 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  Sounds alright to me, at least worth the price of the game to have fun with a new Fire Emblem for awhile.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:16 AM »

my only problem with perma death is that i'm not perfect and i make mistakes. like 1 one time i had a wall setup by some trees and overlooked that a wyvern knight could fly over the tree's and 1 shot my cleric. maybe as an alternative they could introduce a 3 charge staff that can revive.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2013, 03:59:55 PM »

my only problem with perma death is that i'm not perfect and i make mistakes. like 1 one time i had a wall setup by some trees and overlooked that a wyvern knight could fly over the tree's and 1 shot my cleric. maybe as an alternative they could introduce a 3 charge staff that can revive.

Or a one charge staff you can repair even if broken (provided you have somebody who can use the darn thing).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2013, 09:23:54 PM »

The whole making mistake=getting your weaker characters instakilled is pretty much why I gotta quicksave often in SRW and Fire Emblem games, just in case. Quick reset is your best friend. I really hope the bonus exp system from the wii one is in this game, it made it so easy to max stats. Not sure how the support mechanic will turn out.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:27:18 PM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »

The whole making mistake=getting your weaker characters instakilled is pretty much why I gotta quicksave often in SRW and Fire Emblem games, just in case. Quick reset is your best friend. I really hope the bonus exp system from the wii one is in this game, it made it so easy to max stats. Not sure how the support mechanic will turn out.

Nope. But you don't need it anyways, what with the infinite grinding and all. Hell, one of the DLC skills does nothing but increase your character's stat caps by 10 points nearly across the board (no luck for HP or Move) and you pretty much need it for the DLC.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2013, 01:39:59 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/10/fire-emblem-awakening-to-have-eshop-demo-free-dlc-map/

And speaking of DLC, looks like the first one's going to be free for a while just like in Japan.

Also pics.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2013, 04:54:26 PM »

Nope. But you don't need it anyways, what with the infinite grinding and all. Hell, one of the DLC skills does nothing but increase your character's stat caps by 10 points nearly across the board (no luck for HP or Move) and you pretty much need it for the DLC.

I'm probably just going to ignore the DLC and not grind at all if possible.  From what people are describing, it will make things more challenging and fun.

or like FE6 where reinforcements showed up and could move/attack all on the same turn.  That was frustrating.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:38 PM »

Skipping DLC and grinding seems like a good combo when going with the no perma death mode, might actually make battles a bit more thrilling to ONLY worry about scraping through, rather than keeping everyone alive.

Anyways, there's ad scans drifting around that indicate the US at least will get the blue FE 3DS that Japan got. 3DS XL upgrade might've been nice, but it's still great to see that come over, it's one of the LE ones I would've actually wanted.

EDIT: For reference, the blue 3DS.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »

In addition to avoiding DLC and grinding, you'll also need to refrain from using the Nosferatu tome and certain class/skill combinations.

If you haven't tried FE12 please do so, I think it's a better game in terms of classic FE mechanics, difficulty, and balance. It also has casual mode.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »

I would've way back if they actually translated and released it here officially. Figures it's the one game skipped on.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2013, 07:22:09 PM »

Skipping DLC and grinding seems like a good combo when going with the no perma death mode, might actually make battles a bit more thrilling to ONLY worry about scraping through, rather than keeping everyone alive.

Anyways, there's ad scans drifting around that indicate the US at least will get the blue FE 3DS that Japan got. 3DS XL upgrade might've been nice, but it's still great to see that come over, it's one of the LE ones I would've actually wanted.

If so then Hell Yeah! The conservative investor profits once again...*ohm nom nom*...My sandwich!? I'M RUINED!!!

In addition to avoiding DLC and grinding, you'll also need to refrain from using the Nosferatu tome and certain class/skill combinations.

If you haven't tried FE12 please do so, I think it's a better game in terms of classic FE mechanics, difficulty, and balance. It also has casual mode.

Or the better Nosferatu tome for that matter.

But then again getting said class/skill combinations is probably going to take you all main game to accumulate on even the one person who has nothing better to do than to get all of those (aside from getting together with someone like Kellam so that her daughter has those options as well as a bunch of other options that she'll probably never need).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »

I'll need the demo to decide on this. Fire Emblem has a habit of pissing me off. We'll see if it's less frustrating with no permadeath.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2013, 03:51:21 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/fire-emblem-awakening-3ds-bundle-announced-for-u-s

Aaaaand confirmed. Better preorder now before scalpers/Japanese fans who missed out on JP version due to low print numbers/other assorted assholes clean house.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:25 AM »

is nosferatu the one that ignores res? i recall that being of only limited usefulness on most druid's unless you spent time raising sophia. however therein lies the problem with speedruns and a scoring system. theres no consideration for characters used. should a player that beats map A in 5 turns with haar get the same score as someone who beats it in 5 with Jill?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: