Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 01:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334761 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 71549 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2013, 07:57:15 AM »

Skipping DLC and grinding seems like a good combo when going with the no perma death mode, might actually make battles a bit more thrilling to ONLY worry about scraping through, rather than keeping everyone alive.

Anyways, there's ad scans drifting around that indicate the US at least will get the blue FE 3DS that Japan got. 3DS XL upgrade might've been nice, but it's still great to see that come over, it's one of the LE ones I would've actually wanted.

EDIT: For reference, the blue 3DS.

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/fire-emblem-awakening-3ds-bundle-announced-for-u-s

Aaaaand confirmed. Better preorder now before scalpers/Japanese fans who missed out on JP version due to low print numbers/other assorted assholes clean house.

Darn it, I already have the Legend of Zelda 3DS....but I want this. Curse you Nintendo! :(
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2013, 08:28:01 AM »

Aaaaand confirmed. Better preorder now before scalpers/Japanese fans who missed out on JP version due to low print numbers/other assorted assholes clean house.

John posted about it hours before your post.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2013, 09:04:09 AM »

nice but i wish it was an XL

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2013, 12:36:09 PM »

is nosferatu the one that ignores res? i recall that being of only limited usefulness on most druid's unless you spent time raising sophia. however therein lies the problem with speedruns and a scoring system. theres no consideration for characters used. should a player that beats map A in 5 turns with haar get the same score as someone who beats it in 5 with Jill?

No, its the one that drains life from damage. Otherwise known as Nosfertanking where you can stick a Dark Mage/Druid on the front lines without worry since any hits they take is going to be healed back from the damage they deal so long as they don't get OHKO'd in the process. Normally, its not a terrible problem since such weapons are difficult to come by and your Druid is likely only sporting 10-12 Def by their endgame averages while their Spd and Luk aren't entirely enough to avoid getting doubled/critted while Weight tends to be an issue as well (there's also a sword variant known as the Rune Sword and is pretty beastly since its not limited to dark magic users only but tend to be extremely rare as a result).

What makes the tome and its upgraded variant so gamebreaking this time is that a) you get more than one Dark Magic user, b) the tomes are plentiful, c) stat caps are so ridiculously high that even crits tend to be a non factor for most of the time, d) the revised doubling formula gives otherwise slow classes such as Dark Mages and Sorcerers more leeway (takes 5 Spd now to double or be doubled), e) no weapon weight at all, f) you can forge and upgrade the power of the spell among other things making it even more effective at draining life, and finally g) there's a skill that prevents weapon durability loss based on luck*2 and all promoted classes have a default Luk cap of 45 (not including personal cap modifiers or the skill that raises all stat caps by 10 save HP and Move) making making any weapon unlimited use for those who have said skill, and for hilarity's sake h) you can stack the Sol skill on top of that (proccing that makes the hit drain life) for even more unkillable fun.

Of course, the trick with those last two points is that you need to have the correct class combination to both learn those skills and use dark magic (only Dark Mages and Sorcerers can use dark magic and no other magic using class barring the use of a very specific skill which only shows up online or during the postgame). But then, you're guaranteed at least four people who can pull this combination off regardless as to who you sleep with (and much much more if you ever go online).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »

yeah that whole sleeping with someone thing is gonna give me greif unless theres a super trap again like sephirian/lucius.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »

I'd get the bundle if it were XL. But it's not like I'll lose sleep just getting the mariokart bundle and FE separately.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

yeah that whole sleeping with someone thing is gonna give me greif unless theres a super trap again like sephirian/lucius.

Code:
Then you're in luck.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »

Dang, Ninty is just making me want a 3DS more and more. I'll be fine if I can't get my hands on the bundle, but I'll see what I can find. Good thing I'm only a few subway stops from the Nintendo World store!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »

Dang, Ninty is just making me want a 3DS more and more. I'll be fine if I can't get my hands on the bundle, but I'll see what I can find. Good thing I'm only a few subway stops from the Nintendo World store!

I had no desire for a 3DS until I actually looked at some of the things in the pipeline/near future.  It depends on what you're looking for and your priorities at the moment, but when I looked for stuff I found a lot of stuff coming out relatively soon that I would like to play.  I couldn't be happier that I bought one.

I pre-ordered FE.  Sounds fun enough.  I don't think the FE themed DS will have much of an impact here since it's not an XL, but we'll see.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »

Press release with price.

Not too surprised by $200 really, that's what the bundles for 2011 cost at least outside of Black Friday itself, and while the bundles just recently were cheaper they WERE year old games when Nintendo needed to stimulate sales. I'd probably be on this anyway if I didn't already have two 3DSes... and if it had a physical cart.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »

Eh. It'll hurt my wallet but with the current retro gaming bubble and a potentially dry year this year (I'm suspecting that all those new console rumors will bear something later this year which means launch titles and the occasional underrated gem) I think I will take the bite and hope for the best.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »

and if it had a physical cart.

Asides from a collectors perspective is this a problem? Would I have space issues if I got a bundle because I couldn't uninstall the game without losing it?
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2013, 07:18:59 PM »

Asides from a collectors perspective is this a problem? Would I have space issues if I got a bundle because I couldn't uninstall the game without losing it?

Oddly enough, I can't find a definitive answer to this question. You'd think it'd be in the FAQ...I can't find anyone even asking that question, let alone an FAQ that mentions it....

EDIT:

Reworded the question, and found the answer in the System transfer section (you won't lose the pre-installed game if you do a system transfer, btw. I didn't know that. The eShop accounts merge, too) And I found out that the game will be saved to your download history, meaning you can redownload it on that system (or any systen you do a system transfer to) via the eShop. So it is safe to delete if you run out of space.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:30:16 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »

If you were interested in the angle of juggling the cart between 3DS and 3DS XL, yeah, it's a problem.

... Though so's the DLC. And it'd be a moot point anyway if Nintendo were more progressive on the DD front.

Oddly enough, I can't find a definitive answer to this question. You'd think it'd be in the FAQ...I can't find anyone even asking that question, let alone an FAQ that mentions it....

It's a 4 GB SD card, I'd hope you'd be fine. However, unless Nintendo REALLY fucked up I don't think you'll lose your game, it should be redownloadable from the eShop, and while that won't save your save you could probably just back the game up on your PC or whatever then copy back when you want to play.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

Can you? Nintendo's website said something specific about that, but I can't remember what and now I can't find it...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: