Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:03:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330166 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 65633 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2013, 03:26:58 PM »

I think it means "nintendo sucks and ships weird."

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »

Dunno wtf that means.  Never seen that message before.  Considering cancelling and getting it from gamestop, but if Amazon has trouble getting the item in stock, then I'd assume Gamestop would too.

Do it anyway, GameStop gives an artbook for pre-ordering, so at worst you're getting a bonus.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:05 PM »

I loved the demo, which is surprising since I don't really like Tactics games too much.  So then I go to the Fire Emblem wiki page and its got its own meant for info JUST on the one game series.  STAY AWAY.  I think I spoiler like half the game based on not warning about spoilers. D:

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »

Woohoo!! I'm so glad to hear that so many people are liking the demo. Now I'm even more excited for the 4th.

About that date....

Dunno wtf that means.  Never seen that message before.  Considering cancelling and getting it from gamestop, but if Amazon has trouble getting the item in stock, then I'd assume Gamestop would too.

Meh, I'm not worried. I've long since stopped caring about whether or not I get a game on release date. And I was planning to buy in store anyway.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:29 PM »

I loved the demo, which is surprising since I don't really like Tactics games too much.  So then I go to the Fire Emblem wiki page and its got its own meant for info JUST on the one game series.  STAY AWAY.  I think I spoiler like half the game based on not warning about spoilers. D:

Yeah there's some..... interesting twists in the game so far.

Even though they're both SRPGs, they're very different and it's easy to love one and not really care for the other. I always had a harder time getting into any of the Tactics games, whereas Fire Emblem was fairly easy for me. Even in Japanese, which I do not read beyond weapon names, and I started playing the series before it ever came out in English.

I think Awakening's got a lot of appeal whether you were previously into Fire Emblem or not. It was one big reason I got a 3DS when I did. Sucks about the release date though...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2013, 12:45:09 AM »

the twist involving marth is funny.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »

I think I'm finally going to buy a 3DS when this game comes out. I love Fire Emblem and this game looks SO much better than the last few entries. Love the series and simply must be able to play this game on launch day haha. Liz's preview convinced me. Just have to figure out whether to buy a standard 3DS or an XL (leaning standard since my brother has the XL and not only is it too big imo, but it makes the older DS games look a little fuzzy because they weren't meant to be on a screen that big). Am I wrong about that?

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »

I think I'm finally going to buy a 3DS when this game comes out. I love Fire Emblem and this game looks SO much better than the last few entries. Love the series and simply must be able to play this game on launch day haha. Liz's preview convinced me. Just have to figure out whether to buy a standard 3DS or an XL (leaning standard since my brother has the XL and not only is it too big imo, but it makes the older DS games look a little fuzzy because they weren't meant to be on a screen that big). Am I wrong about that?

I had the original 3ds first.... I feel the XL is a MAJOR step up... both from a visual and ergonomic standpoint... also, I detect no fuzziness on any of my DS games (a concern of mine when I was purchasing as well)....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »

I had the original 3ds first.... I feel the XL is a MAJOR step up... both from a visual and ergonomic standpoint... also, I detect no fuzziness on any of my DS games (a concern of mine when I was purchasing as well)....

Well I slipped in Final Fantasy III for the DS on my brothers XL the other day just to test it and it definitely doesn't not look as strong on it. I can get a good conditioned 3DS for 80-100 bucks, whereas the XL's are looking to be between 150-200 and I don't know that I can justify that much of a price difference.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »

Well I slipped in Final Fantasy III for the DS on my brothers XL the other day just to test it and it definitely doesn't not look as strong on it. I can get a good conditioned 3DS for 80-100 bucks, whereas the XL's are looking to be between 150-200 and I don't know that I can justify that much of a price difference.

Wow, thats funny.... that is the same game I was playing when I made the switch and I honestly didn't notice a degradation in visuals.... and I'm usually a freakin' snob when it comes to that sort of thing.... then again I'll take upscaling over clarity when it comes to a handheld, so maybe my subjective taste took precedence in this case....

In either event, you can't go wrong saving a hundred bucks either... considering the volume of DS titles worth grabbing as well as their availability and price at the moment, that could translate to A LOT of hours of quality gaming.....

I just like big screens is all.... doing art for a living, I'm always looking at small details and my eyes feel stressed... my PSP acts as a home console in fact (video component output= the best thing to ever be built into a handheld IMO...)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »

I wouldn't mind switching to a 3DS XL if for nothing else than the "3d angle" is way better. 
Small 3ds is *way* too picky: If you move like an inch off from being completely parallel from the 3DS screen -- then that's it -- it blurs.  I acutally find the statements about hurting your eyes somewhat exaggerated, it's the constant shift from 3D-to-Blur that hurts my eyes if I shift my weight around even a little too much.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »

Wow, thats funny.... that is the same game I was playing when I made the switch and I honestly didn't notice a degradation in visuals.... and I'm usually a freakin' snob when it comes to that sort of thing.... then again I'll take upscaling over clarity when it comes to a handheld, so maybe my subjective taste took precedence in this case....

In either event, you can't go wrong saving a hundred bucks either... considering the volume of DS titles worth grabbing as well as their availability and price at the moment, that could translate to A LOT of hours of quality gaming.....

I just like big screens is all.... doing art for a living, I'm always looking at small details and my eyes feel stressed... my PSP acts as a home console in fact (video component output= the best thing to ever be built into a handheld IMO...)

Haha that is definitely ironic and funny. If I was more into the 3D aspect of it, I would probably go for the XL, but honestly it hasn't done anything for me. I usually turn it off lol. 100 bucks saved = plenty of more games for me to buy later or half a car payment this month :P

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »

I really like the idea of pairing two units into one, if nothing else for cramming more people onto chokepoints so the tanks don't have all the fun(And all the exp) and making 'castle level with narrow halls' chapters less of a pain to navigate. Hopefully it's not too overpowered though or at least has some enemies do it too to even it out.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »

My favorite part about the whole system is that you get different dialogues between the characters based on who you pair. That alone is replayability for me. Characters make the story. Can't wait!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:05 PM »

Yeah, this game has reams of text from all the supports, Everybody's Room, the fortune teller's remarks, and so on. Especially if you include the DLC which feature some maps that are nothing but building rapport between characters.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: