Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 06:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327549 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 61313 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2013, 09:20:08 PM »

From Blazing Sword, I've only seen Lyn so far. I saw Caeda from the Altea games, Eirika from Sacred Stones, Lilina from Sword of Seals, Alm and Celica from I think Holy War & Thracia 776 and..... others. Oh yeah. Ike and Elinica from the Radiant games. I think there was more but I forget who.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2013, 02:16:57 AM »

This looks great.  Nintendo would have my money if it wasnt for the 3ds region lock and the fact that its not out in the UK yet :(   

I'm sure i will like the gameplay, but how does the story stand up?   Generic as hell or characters you care about?
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »

The story is fairly straight forward compared to stuff like the console games (better than Sacred Stones at least), but the real meat of the game's writing is in the supports.

What exactly is the spotpass thing?

When I get this game, I want to make sure I don't miss anything due to all these newfangled concepts. O_O

It's where you get the free DLC and other WiFi based benefits.

Streetpass is the other wireless 3DS function and is what you use to beam avatars from other players as well as beaming your own avatar elsewhere.

If you've ever played DQIX, the SpotPass function would be analogous to the online shop and post game quests; whereas the trading maps, unlocking improvements to the Inn, and the feature that only really works in Japan or conventions are analogous to the 3DS's Streetpass.

From Blazing Sword, I've only seen Lyn so far. I saw Caeda from the Altea games, Eirika from Sacred Stones, Lilina from Sword of Seals, Alm and Celica from I think Holy War & Thracia 776 and..... others. Oh yeah. Ike and Elinica from the Radiant games. I think there was more but I forget who.

Lyn, Florina, Nino, Serra, Eliwood, Hector, Karel, Matthew, Jaffar, and Nergal are this round's SpotPass units. The others will show up later but you can get a sneak peak through the DLC missions (with the initial one for paid DLC Marth being set on Telys Island and involving a
Code:
showdown between the leading ladies of the earlier games versus Marth, Ike, Alm, and your guys).

(Also, Alm and Celica are both from Gaiden, either Diadora, Julia/Yuria, or both are from Holy War, and most likely Mareeta, if anybody, is repping 776 in that mission.)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »

I meant they were in that map, not SpotPass.

Julia's in Holy War. I think Diadora is too, if not Thracia. I played but didn't beat both. Thracia is HARD.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2013, 03:24:14 PM »

Gee golly I hope I can find this game tomorrow... I really dropped the ball on pre orders lately.... between missing this (not thinking gamestop we cut off pre-orders like 3-4 weeks ago...) and getting the steel-case of Ni No Kuni instead of the Wizards Edition I feel like I'm slipping.... thank goodness the German amazon saved me with Ni No or I'd be reeeeeal upset..... I think I'm gonna try my local wal mart tonite at like 1 am for this-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/03/fire-emblem-awakening-delayed-due-to-shipping-error.aspx

Welp.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »

Disappointed, but not surprised. Looks like I got a few more days to wrap up my current game situation.

I meant they were in that map, not SpotPass.

Julia's in Holy War. I think Diadora is too, if not Thracia. I played but didn't beat both. Thracia is HARD.

I am an idiot. Nanna's the Thracia rep for the DLC mission. I mean yeah, she's a troubadour which is unusual for a female lead and doesn't join up until like a quarter of the way into the game, but she's still standing right next to Lief and Finn on the game's fricken box art.

And yeah, both Diadora and Julia are in Holy War as the female lead reps for their respective generations (although Nanna's in Holy War as well unless you didn't pair Lachesis or got her killed prior to the gen shift).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »

Yeah, the posters on the gfaqs and serenes forest boards are getting very restless and irritable over the delay. Lots of nastyposts going on.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. It's a decent tactics game (balance issues aside) but as soon as I get to the romance stuff it gets creepy to me. Mission design tends to be a bit on the bland side.. not a lot going on.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:16:19 PM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »

this will prove a blessing to me.... not only does it give me more ni no time but the odds of scoring a pre-order someone doesn't pick up because they "had to have it" and got the digital version has just increased dramatically!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »

this will prove a blessing to me.... not only does it give me more ni no time but the odds of scoring a pre-order someone doesn't pick up because they "had to have it" and got the digital version has just increased dramatically!

This is so annoying... I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop and I was expecting to go tomorrow and pick it up... I've been waiting on this game for quite awhile.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »

Yeah, the posters on the gfaqs and serenes forest boards are getting very restless and irritable over the delay. Lots of nastyposts going on.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. It's a decent tactics game (balance issues aside) but as soon as I get to the romance stuff it gets creepy to me. Mission design tends to be a bit on the bland side.. not a lot going on.

That's a fair assessment. While I enjoy the metagaming that goes into picking my pairings, I feel that there is a fair bit more creep than normal, especially in regards to (though not limited to) the DLC. Meanwhile, the maps with the more interesting victory conditions also tend to be in the DLC with the main story missions mostly consisting of routs and seizes.

Still, its the first brand new game (i.e. not a remake) in the series since Radiant Dawn and that game was a clusterfuck of its own issues, plus this game is more like a love letter to fans, rather than the same ol' same o', so the fuss is understandable.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2013, 11:14:12 PM »

I started sorting out my pairings long before Old Hubba came along. So I guess I missed out on the creep factor, but once I met him, as amusing as he is at times, it just became a whole new level of ick.

For whomever is hit by the shipping delay and hadn't pre-ordered/paid/been set on a retail copy and/or the retail bonus, the game IS out on the 3DS eShop tomorrow.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »

For whomever is hit by the shipping delay and hadn't pre-ordered/paid/been set on a retail copy and/or the retail bonus, the game IS out on the 3DS eShop tomorrow.

Scratch that (unless you're on the East Coast), it's out right now.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »

Kind of strange that some people got the game early and others won't even have it on the release date.  I don't mind as I had a feeling it was coming due to the warning on Amazon, but I'm sure others are annoyed.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »

Scratch that (unless you're on the East Coast), it's out right now.

That would be me :( Called the Gamestop in Indy and they won't get it until Friday. I didn't want to play the game this week apparently.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: