Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 03:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327896 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 62027 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2013, 11:41:24 PM »

There are advantages to living in NYC. I was able to get the bundle at Nintendo World after work today. I've made it to Chapter 2. It's been a while since I played an FE game. I was just going at it without a care when all of a sudden Lissa died. I was kind of okay with that since I don't like her already. I'm glad to get back into an FE game though.

Her pig tails piss me off.  And her dress net that doesn't get quite covered...bleh, rot!

It made me laugh that she was laying down and her dress was still all poofy. I restarted the chapter. I need a healer after all. I'm also really liking the tag team system. For the first time in ever it seems like a Jeigan is useful because you get stat boosts and they might help you out a bit. And there doesn't seem to be any EXP loss for the non-Jeigs. Pretty cool.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:11 AM »

You're talking about restarting a chapter when someone dies? Just quit a chapter, or bookmark it or whatever, go back to the main menu and choose Continue INSTEAD of Bookmark. You'll restart the chapter that way.

Also the soft reset buttons are L+R+Start so you don't need to shut down the entire system to reset. Also you don't need to reset at all on Casual Mode. Just think of an unlucky crit as someone getting sent to the penalty box for the rest of the map, and failing secondary or tertiary conditions only costing you nice items that you can get elsewhere for extra gold.

And yeah, I said it on day 1 that I didn't like Lissa's design ("What do you have against shirts?"). That said, you do have the option of promoting her into a axe wielding cleric :black101: and her son has superglued his hand to his face like a dork.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »

I'm up to Chapter 5 now I think on hard mode with perma-death turned on. I've already restarted twice because characters have died haha I wouldn't have it any other way, though. Played too many of these games and it makes it much more rewarding when you beat a level with everyone intact. Really digging this so far, especially after how bare bones Shadow Dragon was. Everything is back, from support conversations to forging weapons (two of my favorite things).

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

I thought I would do no-perma death, but I changed my mind. To me personally, The constant danger is one of the things that makes Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem.

Anyway, as I suspected, Best Buy was holding this until Tuesday to put out.  I bought a copy after work and cancelled my pre-order.  I'm content.  I have a 3 day weekend this weekend so I'll have lots of time to play it (hopefully).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2013, 08:15:52 PM »

GameStop: Lol, come back Friday, game delayed.

Me: OK.  *goes to Target, buys game off shelf*

Mine had a twist to that:

GameStop: Sorry check back tomorrow!

*few hours later*

GameStop: nm come in now.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2013, 12:46:32 AM »

Target 30 min away has it and is holding one for me :) Success! Thanks Klyde!

Seeing this made my day!! I'm so happy my obsessive search for day 1 releases worked to someones benefit!! Made me feel less like a freakin' nut then I usually do when I go mad of procuring a game or LE.....

And now back to the game.... gee golly guys... this is my first Fire Emblem.... of course there was NO way I was going the casual route.... but wow... its devastating to me when I lose a member.... to think of what I could be missing out on down the road in my play-through.... brutal I tell ya... brutal.... and I'm loving it! Really makes you care.....

EDIT: And I refuse to restart chapters.... seems to me to defeat the purpose... aside from reduce the fun-factor considerably

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2013, 01:27:02 AM »

Damn saving everyone on chapter 5 with permadeaths and on hard mode has literally been hours of losing for me... I beat it with only losing 1 character this time and I think I'm going to keep it. Wasn't really going to use the character anyway.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »

Damn saving everyone on chapter 5 with permadeaths and on hard mode has literally been hours of losing for me... I beat it with only losing 1 character this time and I think I'm going to keep it. Wasn't really going to use the character anyway.

Wish some many peeps, I get worried about who I'm not using. D:
I think I shelved Sully based on appearance.  Lissa too (even though the look of her BFFF isn't much better).
For whatever reason, Frederick can't gain a level if his life depended on him, but he's a goddamn tank, usually killing things in one hit.  I don't get it.

Aeo:  Thanks for the tip on the soft reset.  Given my 20+ years of gaming experience, I don't know why I didn't try that first.... hm.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »

I think I shelved Sully based on appearance.  Lissa too (even though the look of her BFFF isn't much better).
For whatever reason, Frederick can't gain a level if his life depended on him, but he's a goddamn tank, usually killing things in one hit.  I don't get it.

Aeo:  Thanks for the tip on the soft reset.  Given my 20+ years of gaming experience, I don't know why I didn't try that first.... hm.

I benched Sully for the exact same reason haha! Lissa is the one who died in my game, but she still appears in the story sequences for some reason. I guess that's a must, but you gain a healer on horse the chapter she died so I'm good :P

As for Frederick, he is so good because he is already been upgraded to a Paladin, which is what they usually do at the beginning (give you an overpowered character at the start, but you'll soon realize that already upgraded characters are inferior to the ones that get there legitimately by the end).

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »

I benched Sully for the exact same reason haha! Lissa is the one who died in my game, but she still appears in the story sequences for some reason. I guess that's a must, but you gain a healer on horse the chapter she died so I'm good :P

As for Frederick, he is so good because he is already been upgraded to a Paladin, which is what they usually do at the beginning (give you an overpowered character at the start, but you'll soon realize that already upgraded characters are inferior to the ones that get there legitimately by the end).

Great Knight. But yeah, as a unit he'll fall behind sooner rather than later.

Still, he makes for a good father given that he passes down the Wyrmknight class tree to any kid he sires (with Virion and Lon'qu being the only other fathers to do so).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »

Still, he makes for a good father given that he passes down the Wyrmknight class tree to any kid he sires (with Virion and Lon'qu being the only other fathers to do so).

I'm used to calling it Paladin from the other games haha

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »

There are Paladins in this game still (which are the alternate promotion to Great Knight), Fredrick just starts off as a Great Knight instead for full weapon triangle control as well as the skills Luna and Dual Guard+ instead of the one extra move, the lack of armor slayer weakness, and the Defender and Holy Shield skills (or whatever they're calling them now) that Paladins get.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »

There are Paladins in this game still (which are the alternate promotion to Great Knight), Fredrick just starts off as a Great Knight instead for full weapon triangle control as well as the skills Luna and Dual Guard+ instead of the one extra move, the lack of armor slayer weakness, and the Defender and Holy Shield skills (or whatever they're calling them now) that Paladins get.

Ah, well that makes sense.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »

I try not to use units that already are an advanced class, but you could use a second seal and change to a base class, level him and THEN promote him to an advanced class, this time with better stats. I ignored Frederick in my first playthrough, but I might honestly do this in my second (hard mode) run. :D Plus, I want different pairings.

Also, the kids can turn out really awesome. Lon'qu and my tactician had a myrmidon who turned out just as good as his father, and inherited mom's magic and res. I made father and son swordmasters because you can never have too many...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »

I try not to use units that already are an advanced class, but you could use a second seal and change to a base class, level him and THEN promote him to an advanced class, this time with better stats. I ignored Frederick in my first playthrough, but I might honestly do this in my second (hard mode) run. :D Plus, I want different pairings.

Also, the kids can turn out really awesome. Lon'qu and my tactician had a myrmidon who turned out just as good as his father, and inherited mom's magic and res. I made father and son swordmasters because you can never have too many...

Swordmaster has always been my favorite class haha. Lon'qu is a beast so far. I always use the already upgraded characters sparingly (sometimes you need them to advance, especially in harder difficulties at the beginning).

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: