Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 08:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332947 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 69102 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

They're my favourite too. That's why Lyn is my favourite Lord ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »

Why are the enemies in the battles outside of the story always at least 3 levels higher than my highest? It makes it impossible to beat them.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2013, 01:25:19 AM »

Why are the enemies in the battles outside of the story always at least 3 levels higher than my highest? It makes it impossible to beat them.

I've had two Risen challenges on the map and they were the same level as most of my units in one, significantly higher in the other. I was able to finish the harder challenge with no casualties, but I had to play more conservatively. Using my turns to heal and bolster my lines rather than attack, for example.

I just played the first DLC map. It was a lot of fun and I received a new character to boot! Won't say who it is in case of spoilers (though I imagine most probably know by now). I kind of find it doubtful that I'll use this character, at least in this playthrough, but I'll take it! Who who knows, I may find uses for he/she.

I'm to chapter 5 now. Sounds like it may have been a difficult map for some of you, and now I'm excited!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2013, 09:31:26 AM »

The good thing about the DLC characters is that if you should be playing on Classic and happen to lose him/her you always have the option of going back to their respective DLC chapter to recruit them again. Of course, they'll start right back from where you found them.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »

Yeah I beat the DLC map last night as well. I actually replayed it a couples times just to get some levels. I'm up to Chapter 8 now. Chapter 5 was definitely the hardest one for me so far. I've only suffered one casualty on hard mode up to now and it was not a character I cared about so it doesn't bother me. I don't plan on using the DLC character either, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. Looking forward to the rest of the maps whenever they come out.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »

Way late to the party, but I finally played the demo. I was actually surprised that by the end of it, I was grinning ear to ear as my strategy to encircle and pummle the boss enemy paid off, and I beat the demo chapter with no casualties.

Casual mode definitely takes the edge off, and allows me to try out more daring strategies without having to reset all the time. Definitely makes the game more fun without ruining the difficulty. I like it. Guess I'll be in for a treat once I finally grab the full game...which may not be until next year, depending on what's announced.

(For the record, I never liked a Fire Emblem game before despite trying really hard. I know there's a good game in most of them, but it's stuck under a really rough exterior. Obviously this one has bucked the trend)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2013, 12:55:11 AM »

Way late to the party, but I finally played the demo. I was actually surprised that by the end of it, I was grinning ear to ear as my strategy to encircle and pummle the boss enemy paid off, and I beat the demo chapter with no casualties.

Casual mode definitely takes the edge off, and allows me to try out more daring strategies without having to reset all the time. Definitely makes the game more fun without ruining the difficulty. I like it. Guess I'll be in for a treat once I finally grab the full game...which may not be until next year, depending on what's announced.

(For the record, I never liked a Fire Emblem game before despite trying really hard. I know there's a good game in most of them, but it's stuck under a really rough exterior. Obviously this one has bucked the trend)

Yeah, this one will be the first to draw in some people that were turned off by the difficulties of the others as well as some newcomers who want an easy difficulty to get used to the game. It helps that the reviews are the highest of the series, drawing it extra attention that it deserves past the hardcore fans like a lot of us here.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2013, 07:51:07 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/07/fire-emblem-awakening-first-dlc-prices-revealed/

Some details on the upcoming DLC. Drakenroy for 2.50 and Drakenroy + All Stats +2 Skill Manual (plus supradeformed Micaiah) for 4.00 (these all come in missions like the one with Lodestar Marth).

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »

Does anyone know what chapter you start getting upgrade items? I have a bunch of characters level 15-19 (prolly around 5-6) that are going to need upgraded soon. I have upgraded 2 characters so far, but they were both master seals I have been given from the DLC map. I'm on chapter 10.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »

Does anyone know what chapter you start getting upgrade items? I have a bunch of characters level 15-19 (prolly around 5-6) that are going to need upgraded soon. I have upgraded 2 characters so far, but they were both master seals I have been given from the DLC map. I'm on chapter 10.

I have gotten a bunch from the random traveling merchant that shows up in towns. This started in chapter 3 for me.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:17 AM »

I have gotten a bunch from the random traveling merchant that shows up in towns. This started in chapter 3 for me.

Yeah after chapter 10 I bought one, then after chapter 11 I bought two more. Still need 2-3 more though lol.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2013, 12:58:44 AM »

If you get up to level 20 prepromoted you can use a Second Seal to promote into any accessible class.

That said, I finally got my 3DS bundle today. I'm playing on Casual Hard and just finished recruiting Donnel, Gaius, and Panne. The game is a completely different beast when one only has to worry about not letting two units die instead of everybody.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2013, 09:07:25 AM »

If you get up to level 20 prepromoted you can use a Second Seal to promote into any accessible class.

That said, I finally got my 3DS bundle today. I'm playing on Casual Hard and just finished recruiting Donnel, Gaius, and Panne. The game is a completely different beast when one only has to worry about not letting two units die instead of everybody.

I think I have 2 of those, but I read online that the best use for them is to use them when you are promoted and level 20 because you keep most of the stats and go back to level 1 again.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: February 09, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »

I think I have 2 of those, but I read online that the best use for them is to use them when you are promoted and level 20 because you keep most of the stats and go back to level 1 again.

It depends on the circumstances. IMO your unpromoted units should wait until level 20 before promoting/reclassing as each persons' internal level counter will be at its lowest. After promotion your unit's internal level counter will be set to [20+current level] and will apply exp penalties accordingly. After reclassing your unit's internal level counter will equal the sum of the previous and current class levels. And if you should decide to class down from a promoted class your internal level counter will be cut in half (you'll effectively be half the level you used to be) but it cannot reduce your internal level counter below 20. And finally, each difficulty level has its own internal level counter cap (50 for Normal, 70 for Hard, and 90 for Lunatic).

Now to give an example of what this means lets say that we have Avatar, Frederick, Donnel, and, lets say, Cordelia, and that each of them have the same internal level counters set to 35. Assume that for Frederick, he hasn't had much use outside of Pair Up so he hasn't done anything but level 14 times to level 15 for the Great Knight's final skill Guard Boost+. And lets assume that we wanted Donnel out of Villager at level 15 since he now has Underdog and can gain nothing else of value from the class, and that you found that the Mercenary skill Armsthrift would be a great investment so you've reclassed him once. He'd have to be at level 20 as a Mercenary which is no good either so he class changed again to Hero for Sol after learning the last Mercenary skill which would leave him at level 10 Hero. Now for Avatar you wanted Spectrum Rally ASAP, so you promoted him/her at level 10 and now you have it at Grandmaster 15 which puts his/her internal level counter at 35. For Cordelia though you showed heavy favoritism throughout the game so you not only had her learn Galeforce as a Dark Flyer, but then you immediately reclassed her down to Mercenary to pick up Armsthrift and all the way through to Hero for Sol and Axe Slayer and immediately reclassed back down again to Dark Mage at which point you have to ask which difficulty level you're playing through since Normal would allow her to reach Dark Mage level 10 whereas either Hard and Lunatic would likely only allow her to reach Dark Mage level 7 to get to the same internal level counter as everyone else.

The final score from the above comes out to 14 level ups and two skills for prepromote Frederick, 23 level ups, 1 class change, and 4 skills for Avatar, 32 level ups, 2 class changes, and 5 skills for Donnel, and 40 levels (accounting for starting level), 4 class changes, and either 9 or 10 skills depending on difficulty level for Cordelia. What this means is that Frederick and Avatar have midgame level stats and skills, Donnel has endgame level stats and skills, and Cordelia has postgame level stats and skills; yet all of them will be treated identically in terms of exp gains.

Of course, none of this accounts for necessity caused by the difficulty of the situation you're facing which may necessitate you to promote or reclass someone so that you have someone who can effectively deal with whatever roadblock is blocking your road currently. Moreover the penalty for an early promotion isn't nearly as harsh in this game as it is in others.

The tl;dr of this post is that you'll miss out on some easier Exp gains for an early promotion, that the only stat losses that occur when changing levels are the stats being contributed by the class's base stats, and that you should watch to make sure you don't leave any major gaps unit coverage (i.e. don't turn all your best units into flyers on a map that hosts nothing but Snipers, Sages packing wind magic, and/or enemies packing beast/dragon slaying weapons).

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: February 12, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »

Am I the only one who finds a Vaike and Lissa marriage hilarious?

Well, I just did it. Yay!

Now if only Ricken and Marielle would reach that elusive S rank.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: