Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 06:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332945 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 69080 times)
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »

I'm playing on Normal Classic, which is already enough of a challenge for me. I could feasibly play on Hard, but I'd be subjecting myself to more stress than I think I need. Lunatic? Forget about it.

I'm buying you a drink when you beat it, Taelus. I mean that.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »

Umm how do you know that is "my way of playing"? You're making assumptions.

Turtling in a corner is not necessary on Lunatic. If Fred is advancing forward to take on enemies that is not what's usually called turtling. Not a lot of luck needed to get through Lunatic 1-4 if you use an optimal strat. Once you reach Chapter 5 you can access all the highly imbalanced DLC/wi-fi features.

An optimal strat, plus luck and cheesing the mechanics, as the link you yourself sent has shown. Giving a weapon from your paired assist character to the lead character so the assist won't be able to attack and kill the enemy so your lead doesn't get hit one extra time and die when four guys are surrounding him is the definition of cheesing the mechanics.

Also Embyron, have that drink money ready. I'll take a scotch. Single-malt.

Just beat chapter 3.

EDIT:

And I agree, Aeolus. The people actually said as much, too, so you're right.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:58:21 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »

rescue skipping, save scumming for good sparkle title drops and lucky boss killing crits, DLC hires/shops, Streetpassing an old Avatar into a new game (highly likely in fact), abusing renown bonuses, and heavy leaning on Nosfertanking/S ranked supports/Galeforce shenanigans

I was cuddling into my sister while I read that and she read it out loud. I suddenly realised how strange we are.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »

Fucking kids chapters are brutal.  I gotta "rescue" (the spell) their asses half the time because they forget they're in a Fire Emblem game where 1HKO's happen more often than I get hungry in a single day.

The game's plot also reminds me of that South Park episode where people from the future start coming to the past to look for work (and all this flirting in the game has me thinking of the big orgies that, unlike South Park where big gay orgies meant to stop the future population crisis, we're helping it on.

Anyways, Orwin is awesome; probably got it from dad, because the mum sucks beans.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2013, 12:41:57 AM »

I have mild shipping tendencies, and this game does not help it. I'm having trouble pairing Virion up, cause I don't know who would be a good match. Guess I'll just have to recruit more characters and find out!

Just did Chap 5. Had to restart twice. I can't fucking level Donnel up. At this point all the enemies are so powerful that he can't even hurt one. I'm kinda at a loss with what to do with him. I might just have to shelve him until I wanna pair him up, and then just force him to stand next to the girl I'm gonna pair him with.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: February 14, 2013, 12:45:33 AM »

I have mild shipping tendencies, and this game does not help it. I'm having trouble pairing Virion up, cause I don't know who would be a good match. Guess I'll just have to recruit more characters and find out!

Just did Chap 5. Had to restart twice. I can't fucking level Donnel up. At this point all the enemies are so powerful that he can't even hurt one. I'm kinda at a loss with what to do with him. I might just have to shelve him until I wanna pair him up, and then just force him to stand next to the girl I'm gonna pair him with.

Donnel suffers from Magikarp-syndrome. A bitch to level up, but turns into a majestic motherfucker when you manage it. I think someone else said it, but don't waste your time trying to max out his level. The villager class is only worth its level 1 Skill. Change it as soon as you get to level 10, you'll be reaching stat caps regardless.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: February 14, 2013, 12:48:17 AM »

Donnel suffers from Magikarp-syndrome. A bitch to level up, but turns into a majestic motherfucker when you manage it. I think someone else said it, but don't waste your time trying to max out his level. The villager class is only worth its level 1 Skill. Change it as soon as you get to level 10, you'll be reaching stat caps regardless.

Is the only viable way to pair him with higher level chars and hope he hits on a dual strike? Or perhaps one of the DLC maps has lower level enemies for him to cut his teeth on?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2013, 12:53:45 AM »

I paired him with the character with the highest Def, basically equipping him to Donnel like a piece of armour. :P Then I kept Lissa near by for healing, try not to over extend with him and last hit the weakened enemies.

This probably won't work on higher difficulties.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: February 14, 2013, 07:03:08 AM »

Oh god I learned the secret about maxing supports yesterday. Deploy two units against Florina and's streetpass team, slaughter the horde, and then profit. I'm currently grinding all my characters to A supports....I'll get back to the story in a week probably. XP
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »

I love the obnoxious use of voice samples.

Maribelle: My flower died, can you talk to it Henry? [voice: Aww]
Henry: Nope, only living things [voice: SO LONG SUCKER].

Tharja: So [voice: Pretty much]
Gaius: What? [voice: Yuup]

I think it would have been better to voice it all (especially major cutscenes), or just do the classic "Zelda-style grunts".

I'm also trying to finally level up Donnel, the simple'tard.  The only way I found it possible was when I forged his bronze spear like crazy, then he finally became somewhat effective.  I hear he's a tank later on though.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:30:42 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: February 15, 2013, 02:04:52 AM »

I love the obnoxious use of voice samples.

Maribelle: My flower died, can you talk to it Henry? [voice: Aww]
Henry: Nope, only living things [voice: SO LONG SUCKER].

Tharja: So [voice: Pretty much]
Gaius: What? [voice: Yuup]

I think it would have been better to voice it all (especially major cutscenes), or just do the classic "Zelda-style grunts".

I'm also trying to finally level up Donnel, the simple'tard.  The only way I found it possible was when I forged his bronze spear like crazy, then he finally became somewhat effective.  I hear he's a tank later on though.

The best way to raise Donnel I found was to glue him to one of your stronger units, preferably one who can support with him (since supports help increase the stat increase gained from pairing up as well as increasing the frequency of support attacks) as well as one that gives him a generous enough Str boost to actually harm enemies, then keep him on support duty until an opportunity for an easy kill becomes available (and even if it doesn't it wont be a major issue since as long as he's pitching in on support attacks he's gaining, at least, weapon experience which means that even if he misses WEXP will still be accrued which will get him out of the pit of E ranked weaponry).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: February 15, 2013, 06:36:51 AM »

Oh wow, Golden Gaffe is insane. Got 30kish gold for completing it which is quite a bit more gold than I had prior to running the map. Back to grinding support without fear of running out of weapons!

As for raising Donnel, what I ended up doing was going to the DLC map pairing him with something that improved his Atk. Park him in front of the boss once you have cleared the map. Put a healer at a higher level next to him. The boss should attack him on the enemy phase. He should be able to damage the enemy because of the attack boost and should survive the attack. Heal and repeat until you do more than 4 damage. Then get rid of the paired unit and repeat the process until Donnel can obliterate everything.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: February 15, 2013, 10:09:19 AM »

I was consideing buying the Golden Gaffe when I saw it last night on my game. I bought the first 3 DLC maps and beat them all (the 3rd champions of lore DLC map gives you an item that teaches a +2 to all stats skill which is amazing so I'm beating it a bunch of times so all my characters have it).

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #358 on: February 15, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »

Whew. Okay, made it to chapter 5 after a moment of lucidity last night before bed. Lunatic classic is going to give me gray hair.

I remember back when KH2FM+ came out, I did the level 1 Terra fight, and it took me weeks to win. I had a horrific eye-twitch that I thought was due to drinking too much Red Bull, but turned out to be related to being stuck on that challenge, or at least I assume it was since the twitch only went away after I finally beat him. Lunatic classic makes me feel the same way. Pretty awesome though!

Game became a lot more manageable once it opened up a bit. Also Frederick is my hero.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: February 15, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »

"Using optimal strats how much RNG is involved in clearing Awakening Lunatic Ch 1-4? Assuming you're going for low-ish counts and not pampering anyone."

"There's not too much, the lowest hit rates you see are like 75 display but they aren't necessary hits if you play it right. The main issue is enemy axe users can get +crit skills which is basically impossible to neutralize save for the Prologue boss.

Ch. 2 is probably the hardest in that misses at the wrong time can really screw you over and it requires really tight play, which is why some people say that it's a luckfest (which isn't helped because apparently there's a youtube video guide that basically just says "pair a unit with Fred and throw him out in the middle of the enemies and pray he lives"). However, since you want to pair up like all the time, your units usually have like a 30-40% chance to get a second attack from the unit they're paired with, which can ease up a lot of space.

The other thing is that if Avatar/Chrom get too speed screwed, they can be doubled by Mercenaries in Ch. 2/3 (base Chrom is doubled by Mercs, and MU needs +3 Speed if you don't go Speed Asset which needs +1, which I don't like to do since that's like the only benefit of it)."

Of course once you're past ch 4 and you can access wifi features/nosferatu, you can easily snap the game in half.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: