Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:47:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 52548 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »

Yeah, I agree. It's not a bad game at all, and I can see why people enjoy it. I just feel disconnected from everything, like the game knows its a game and it's winking at me the whole time going "yeah I know I'm a silly game but I have so much gameplay!" It works, but I think it's just not for me. I could have sworn the Fire Emblem I played on GBA had a more serious and less goofball story, but it's been so long that I barely remember.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »

Yeah, I think I'm done with this game. Chapter 6, the story is absolute ridiculous nonsense. The dialogue sucks and is full of incredibly awkward jokes that I can only assume are the fault of the translator, and the character interactions are incredibly shallow and meaningless. "ARE YOU SHOCKED BY MY BEAUTY?" "NO BUT YOUR SHIRT IS WRINKLED PLEASE FIX IT". Everyone is an anime trope, and not even a well-done anime trope (TALES OF THE ABYSS WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH YOU, INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS). I can't give a shit about the combat because I don't give a crap about any of the fifty million characters the game keeps throwing at me. Pretty cutscenes, though.

It's funny because I'm finding this games story and characters enjoyable enough, but I couldn't stand the horrible cliches of Tales of the Abyss.

Anyway, I'm approaching 50 hours of playtime with this game... I can't remember the last time I spent this long on a game and I'm enjoying it immensely.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »

Give FE12 a try then. It has better tactical gameplay, and a more serious plot without waifus. And yes it does have casual mode and support convos, you won't miss out.

I really didn't like FE Awakening at all. I even think Sacred Stones is better.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2013, 10:15:59 PM »

Give FE12 a try then. It has better tactical gameplay, and a more serious plot without waifus. And yes it does have casual mode and support convos, you won't miss out.

Which one is 12? I'm not concerned about casual mode, but a better plot and no waifus woudl be nice.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2013, 01:15:32 AM »

Why aren't we talking more here about the soundtrack??  It's, like, awesome.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:45 AM »

Why aren't we talking more here about the soundtrack??  It's, like, awesome.

Yes it is. I can't wait for the full release. Rei Kondo is pretty fantastic.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2013, 01:32:21 AM »

Which one is 12? I'm not concerned about casual mode, but a better plot and no waifus woudl be nice.
Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2013, 03:03:31 AM »

I refuse to play this bigoted game.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2013, 03:06:27 AM »

I like the conscious decision to draw a pelvic thrust in the second panel

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »

Yea, I'm pretty much hooked. I took a vacation and really started to get into it on the plane. Found myself staying up late on my vacation to play. I keep getting lost in the crazy amount of side content you can acquire/play. I want to recruit all the classic units from Spot Pass, I want to conquer all the challenge maps, and just keep going and going and going. Anyway, to illustrate the amount of side content I've been working on, I'm to Chapter 9, but I've clocked 20 hours of play time.

Also been working on pairing units. I've been a little unsure who I should pair with whom, but I've done my best and so far I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I still have some potential unpaired male units, but I think I've decided which units to pair with the females. It sounds like I'm breeding Pokemon or something...

The story hasn't really been a factor in my enjoyment of the game so far. Honestly, there hasn't been much so far and I still have no clue what is really happening.

Well, I better get back to it as I have to get back to work tomorrow.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2013, 07:59:58 AM »

I still don't really grasp a lot of stuff having not ever played a fire emblem.... class advancing, pairing selection et cetera...... I just don't get it (though I imagine as I delve a little deeper it will make more sense or become more thoroughly explained.... I hope).
Class advancing is pretty easy. You can use a master seal on a character over level 10(unless they are in a special class like villager, dancer, or a shape changing class) t advance to an advanced class. In most cases it is best to use the master seal at level 20, at least for the first class change. You can also use second seals to change to different class tress, but that is not necessary to get characters strong enough to beat the game with.

Pairing is.....not really explained in the game. It also only exists in one other Fire Emblem (which does not have an official english release), so having played the others wouldn't help you much there. Quick version is that kids inherit classes and stat growths fom parents along with the last skill that each parent has before you enter the chapter to recruit the kid......long version is go to this page to read up on it: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

Edit: Wait unless you meant the pairing up as in putting two units together on the battlefield.....Forgot about that system. You can get a detailed explanation of that system here: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/double.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:04:30 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #386 on: February 22, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »

Donnel is a super soldier.  Possibly Captain America.

I just had a boss attack him.  Boss's attack did 0 damage.  Donnel countered and critted the boss for 165 damage.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: February 22, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »

I still don't really grasp a lot of stuff having not ever played a fire emblem.... class advancing, pairing selection et cetera...... I just don't get it (though I imagine as I delve a little deeper it will make more sense or become more thoroughly explained.... I hope).
Class advancing is pretty easy. You can use a master seal on a character over level 10(unless they are in a special class like villager, dancer, or a shape changing class) t advance to an advanced class. In most cases it is best to use the master seal at level 20, at least for the first class change. You can also use second seals to change to different class tress, but that is not necessary to get characters strong enough to beat the game with.

Pairing is.....not really explained in the game. It also only exists in one other Fire Emblem (which does not have an official english release), so having played the others wouldn't help you much there. Quick version is that kids inherit classes and stat growths fom parents along with the last skill that each parent has before you enter the chapter to recruit the kid......long version is go to this page to read up on it: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

Edit: Wait unless you meant the pairing up as in putting two units together on the battlefield.....Forgot about that system. You can get a detailed explanation of that system here: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/double.html

Thank you for the info! Mega-helpful :)

I just changed my avatar to a Mem... mema... ummm... mem-sword-wielding-something-or-other.... in either case I look cooler... I love when characters appearance change with class advancing... I'm so shallow...

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 22, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »

....Myrmidon?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »

You'll want to second seal to respec a few times and learn some abilities from base classes before class upgrading though. There are some weird algorithms I don't have the time to memorize but the long and short of it is learn both abilities of a job, then respec.

I have pinpointed why I dislike the animations in this game. They are not awesome like the 2D animations from the GBA games. Sad.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: