Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 01:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337995 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 75045 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: February 25, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »

"this is what happens when you make a game for fans of the series first and foremost" uhh really? so people who enjoy FE for balanced, skill based tactical strategy aren't "fans of the series"?

Who said fanservice was meant to appease everybody? I can't deny that this game was meant for long time fans even though I dislike the game's character designs. IS just went for those who wanted to see a game with both Marth and Roy in it among other long time favorites.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: February 25, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »

I have pinpointed why I dislike the animations in this game. They are not awesome like the 2D animations from the GBA games. Sad.

Aye, it's just not the same in that regard.  Lyn's promoted class (Blademaster?) had such awesome animations.  It just wouldn't translate well over to 3D.  Really not a fan of the 3D magic spells in this game either.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: February 25, 2013, 05:02:12 PM »

The only thing that bothers me about the visuals in this game are the character's feet.... or lack there-of to be more accurate....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: February 25, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »

"this is what happens when you make a game for fans of the series first and foremost" uhh really? so people who enjoy FE for balanced, skill based tactical strategy aren't "fans of the series"?
People like you are in the minority, even among the more dedicated fanbase.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: February 25, 2013, 07:00:21 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/new-job-classes-coming-to-fire-emblem-awakening-in-dlc-map-packs/

Settles the question of what they were going to call the Demon/Magic Fighter class.

Also....

In the Smash Pack, Chrom and co. run into a battle between Roy and Ike from previous Fire Emblem games

Ha.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #410 on: February 25, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »

People like you are in the minority, even among the more dedicated fanbase.

Agreed.

Also, if you're going to disagree with someone on the threads, that's fine, but there are a million better ways than writing something like "one more correction" and being as abrasive as you typically are, mrjrpgfan. Be more respectful of other people's opinions, and if you disagree, say so in a way that isn't demeaning to what someone else has said.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »

Cursor/clock RNG manipulation is an unintended exploit.
Save states and ROM hacking is cheating.
Breaking Awakening in half is called 'buying and equipping a Nosferatu tome' or 'paying for grind DLC'.

Even if you cursor/clock exploit in FE7, you still need more strategy to get an S rank score than it takes to bowl through Awakening.

One more correction - (almost?) every FE from 6 onward takes two RNG samples to determine combat results, taking whichever result favors the player in hitting or dodging.

Hey, you asked so I assumed you weren't familiar with RNG abuse. If all you can do is condescend and complain in response then enjoy talking to yourself!

I'd forgotten that you could promote a unit into basically any second tier class in Shadow Dragon. I can appreciate IS's decision to make that possible, but dang it could ruin a unit if you weren't careful. I just played it safe and stuck with the usual promotions.

Anyway, there are a lot of paralogue chapters to get all the kids. Some of them have been pretty dang hard too! I wanted EXP in Chapter 14 (at least I think it was 14 so I didn't side with either team and had to deal with the load of second tier reinforcements that showed up afterward. Haven't ground units in the DLC chapters for a while. I'm beginning to understand all the mystery in the story though after the chapter where I picked up the MU's kid. Outside of leveling the second generation, I'll probably hold off on the rest until after I complete the main story. I'm also thinking I'll start another game on Normal mode and play through it again, this time with a female MU. I'll also do a better job at pairing off the units. I did pretty good with some of them, but others I just paired with whomever was available and while they're still good units there is an obvious difference in their stats.

Lissa's kid is killing it. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have Donnel as his father and the kid is insanely powerful. Activates Lethality regularly, and they were able to tank their way, solo, through a tough map, filled with second tier enemies. Resistance is a little lacking like Donnel's, but otherwise totally awesome.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: February 26, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »

I'm still a fan of the series. Although maybe not anymore if they continue down the route they are going.

Also, if you're going to disagree with someone on the threads, that's fine, but there are a million better ways than writing something like "one more correction" and being as abrasive as you typically are, mrjrpgfan. Be more respectful of other people's opinions, and if you disagree, say so in a way that isn't demeaning to what someone else has said.
If I'm issuing a correction, it is not a matter of opinion but a matter of fact. What opinions am I not being respectful of? What exactly are you finding demeaning? I've seen plenty of disrespecting of opinions on this board, but they haven't been coming from me.

Hey, you asked so I assumed you weren't familiar with RNG abuse. If all you can do is condescend and complain in response then enjoy talking to yourself!
"enjoy talking to myself"? You're insulting and then taunting me. What exactly did you find condescending or complaining about my post? My posts are neutral and non personal, and I didn't call anyone anything.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:54:08 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: February 26, 2013, 08:52:45 AM »

I don't want to halt discussion of the game, or even differing opinions but the thread is going to go to shit if this keeps up. When both parties reach an impasse it's better just to go back and go down a different path.

Now, that being said. I've started up a new game. The three save slots are nice.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: February 26, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »

I don't want to halt discussion of the game, or even differing opinions but the thread is going to go to shit if this keeps up. When both parties reach an impasse it's better just to go back and go down a different path.

Now, that being said. I've started up a new game. The three save slots are nice.

Tell me about it. If this were a Squeenix game you'd have the one save slot at best and no suspend or midbattle save features either.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »

Wow, that last Paralogue chapter to obtain the kids was annoying! But it's finished and now I have all the second gen characters. I'm really happy with the stats of all but Tharja's child. It was my own fault though for pairing Tharja with Gregor. I really should have known, but it was too late by the time I realized Gregor isn't a good unit. Even though the child's stats aren't as awesome as the other second gens', they're already better than Gregor's. At least now I'll know for my next playthrough. I'm really excited for most of the second gen characters because of those stats.

After all the second tier enemy units in the children's paralogues, some of my first gen units (and even some of the second gen units) are at really high levels. My MU made it to level 20 Grand Master in Paralogue 15. Chrom, Lon'qu, Cordelia, Maribelle, and Donnel aren't far behind MU. I took a peek at Chapter 14 and almost laughed when I saw the enemy units. It'll be nice to have an easy map after all those paralogues. I'm going to use the DLC maps to grind supports with all the second gen's and their parents before that though. And then after advancing the story a bit, I'll work on pairing up the second gen units with one another.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #416 on: February 26, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »

I'm still a fan of the series. Although maybe not anymore if they continue down the route they are going.

If I'm issuing a correction, it is not a matter of opinion but a matter of fact. What opinions am I not being respectful of? What exactly are you finding demeaning? I've seen plenty of disrespecting of opinions on this board, but they haven't been coming from me.

"enjoy talking to myself"? You're insulting and then taunting me. What exactly did you find condescending or complaining about my post? My posts are neutral and non personal, and I didn't call anyone anything.

Your opinion does not equal fact. Every single thread I see you in, you're telling everyone how wrong they are about everything,. And like I said, you're free to disagree, but you're being condescending. If you don't see how, I can't help you.

Unless of course everyone is wrong and you're just some sort of oppressed pariah and we don't realize it. Which is unlikely. Stop trying to make yourself out to be a victim, and just be nicer. It's very simple.

ANYWAYS, this discussion is over. Back to Fire Emblem.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:16 AM »

mjrpgfan, I haven't said anything in this thread to you other than you're in a niche group even among the fanbase of the game. If you are going to attribute any malicious intent to that, that is your own problem, no one else's. Please refrain from harassing the mods and admins because of your perceived slights, especially when your attitude has been nothing but negative towards most everyone here.

This is your final warning. We have been patient and cordial. Do not mistake that for timidity.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #418 on: February 27, 2013, 09:17:40 AM »

Both sides need to calm the fuck down.

VIDEOGAMES PEOPLE.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 27, 2013, 02:29:08 PM »