Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330138 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 65516 times)
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »

So I beat this over the weekend, and I'm really impressed by the sheer number of possibilities in dialogue based on who you pair together. I paired my female avatar with Chrom, which seems like the most "canon" route to go, but I'm curious as to how several scenes would've gone if I had paired people differently, like:

- What if my avatar wasn't Lucina's mother? How would she have spoken to me during the scene where she tried to kill me?
- How would Chrom have reacted to the idea that I might have to sacrifice myself to seal Grima away?
- How would the cutscene following Gangrel's defeat transpired if Chrom was paired with someone else? Or not paired with anyone at all?
- Morgan is the Avatar's child, right? It's unusual that the female avatar has two children when paired with Chrom.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: February 28, 2013, 01:19:04 AM »

Looks like Sumia is stalking Maribelle (Sully/Olivia/female MU's scenes doesn't show Sumia in the background).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rsGxgwRwjDE
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:25:33 AM by rpgseeker » Logged

OBJECTION!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: February 28, 2013, 06:41:24 AM »

So I beat this over the weekend, and I'm really impressed by the sheer number of possibilities in dialogue based on who you pair together. I paired my female avatar with Chrom, which seems like the most "canon" route to go, but I'm curious as to how several scenes would've gone if I had paired people differently, like:

- What if my avatar wasn't Lucina's mother? How would she have spoken to me during the scene where she tried to kill me?
- How would Chrom have reacted to the idea that I might have to sacrifice myself to seal Grima away?
- How would the cutscene following Gangrel's defeat transpired if Chrom was paired with someone else? Or not paired with anyone at all?
- Morgan is the Avatar's child, right? It's unusual that the female avatar has two children when paired with Chrom.

Code:
-Can't say.....my avatar married her. I noticed a couple of lines which specifically mentioned their relationship, but it didn't seem like too many of the lines were specific to the actual relationship.
-He considers you his best friend and doesn't want you to sacrifice yourself.
-Depends, I believe the scene plays out exactly the same if Chrom has an S rank relationship at the time already. I believe that if he less than that then there is a proposal scene to the female with the highest support(which is probably slightly different depending on the bride). If he has no support points with any female then he marries a random village girl giving Lucina worse growths. Don't know if there is a scene for this or not.
-Every female has two kids if paired with Chrom. Every 1st gen female also has two kids if paired with male avatar. Although it is much more fun to pair avatar with a second gen character so that it makes no sense where the heck Morgan comes from.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: February 28, 2013, 06:47:49 AM »

Code:
-Can't say.....my avatar married her. I noticed a couple of lines which specifically mentioned their relationship, but it didn't seem like too many of the lines were specific to the actual relationship.
-He considers you his best friend and doesn't want you to sacrifice yourself.
-Depends, I believe the scene plays out exactly the same if Chrom has an S rank relationship at the time already. I believe that if he less than that then there is a proposal scene to the female with the highest support(which is probably slightly different depending on the bride). If he has no support points with any female then he marries a random village girl giving Lucina worse growths. Don't know if there is a scene for this or not.
-Every female has two kids if paired with Chrom. Every 1st gen female also has two kids if paired with male avatar. Although it is much more fun to pair avatar with a second gen character so that it makes no sense where the heck Morgan comes from.

Code:
[color=black]I think that's the reason it is implied that Morgan doesn't come from the same timeline as the other kids. She came from a timeline brought around my the Avatar fucking children that aren't born yet.

Oh and to answer a question, since my Avatar was male and there are no gay relationships (boo). Lucina just regards you as her fathers close friend, who betrayed him. I'm curious to see how that scenario plays out now if the avatar is her mother. [/color]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:51:50 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: February 28, 2013, 06:11:02 PM »

That is pretty funny that she's just standing there purposelessly. I had Sumia and Chrom married in my game, so I didn't get to see it that way. It's interesting, it seems that Lucina has the same text to the different possible mothers, but the mothers have different text even if they essentially say the same thing. I know that a string of dialogue probably would use only a minuscule amount of memory, but the different combinations required for all the children/parents seems pretty staggering for a handheld game.

And since I haven't finished the game yet, I have to resist the temptation to highlight those coded sections. I'll join that conversation later hopefully.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: March 01, 2013, 05:09:17 AM »

Nobody's opinions are facts, and I've never pretended my opinions are facts here. I've done no name calling, no nasty words, no rude strawman arguments, no passive aggressiveness, no all caps, nothing. I've made my arguments in a neutral fashion. I'm not trying to be condescending or "nothing but negative" at all. I still don't know how someone could take it that way or think it's ok to be rude in response.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:54:40 PM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: March 01, 2013, 06:44:41 AM »

Code:
[color=black]I think that's the reason it is implied that Morgan doesn't come from the same timeline as the other kids. She came from a timeline brought around my the Avatar fucking children that aren't born yet.

Oh and to answer a question, since my Avatar was male and there are no gay relationships (boo). Lucina just regards you as her fathers close friend, who betrayed him. I'm curious to see how that scenario plays out now if the avatar is her mother. [/color]

Code:
Yeah I know that they imply that Morgan comes from a different timeline than the rest of the kids.....I still think that her background doesn't make too much sense.  I mean I guess she probably comes from a timeline where she didn't come back in time and where Grima was still defeated. But that makes it feel like her presence was completely unnecessary.

On a semi-related note, I do wish that they had gone into a little bit mroe detail about how events had played out in the original timeline. I am really wondering what events were changed by Lucina's presence etc.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: March 01, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »

Code:

Code:
Yeah I know that they imply that Morgan comes from a different timeline than the rest of the kids.....I still think that her background doesn't make too much sense.  I mean I guess she probably comes from a timeline where she didn't come back in time and where Grima was still defeated. But that makes it feel like her presence was completely unnecessary.

On a semi-related note, I do wish that they had gone into a little bit mroe detail about how events had played out in the original timeline. I am really wondering what events were changed by Lucina's presence etc.

Code:
They will, with a set within the second round of DLC.

But the tl;dr on timeline changes caused by Lucina involved Validar not dying at all instead of dying (alternate Avatar unchanges this by bringing alternate Validar along to take his place), Chrom receiving a flesh wound during Emelina's assassination instead of being uninjured (which in turn lets him gain more experience to promote and/or reclass), Basilio dying instead not quite dying against Walhart (which lets him bullshit the Fire Emblem back from Validar), and Chrom doesn't get better immediately after Avatar turns on him.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »

My thoughts on Morgan in picture form:

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »

There's a reason s/he only appears after you reach S-Rank... s/he wants to prevent this from happening. So s/he only appears after you and your FE Partner do the nasty.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: March 02, 2013, 07:50:39 AM »

Code:

But the tl;dr on timeline changes caused by Lucina involved Validar not dying at all instead of dying (alternate Avatar unchanges this by bringing alternate Validar along to take his place), Chrom receiving a flesh wound during Emelina's assassination instead of being uninjured (which in turn lets him gain more experience to promote and/or reclass), Basilio dying instead not quite dying against Walhart (which lets him bullshit the Fire Emblem back from Validar), and Chrom doesn't get better immediately after Avatar turns on him.
Code:
I know that is what the game states are the differences in the war, but I feel like there are a few more that are fairly significant. For example, Em died in a drastically different location. Part of the reason for Chrom's victory in the war against.....the evil country(cannot remember its name atm) was that Em basically completely destroyed the enemy morale with her death because it was public and "moving" to the enemy country. So the war should have had some kind of differences there in addition to the campaign to rescue Em from being captured not occuring altering the flow of the war. I mean I can probably think of other instances, but that is the one which really bugs me.

Side note, I still don't get what Lucina's plan was when she became Basilo's champion early in the dame. Seems like that would make her hom country's defeat occur that much faster.

Code:
Not how time travel works in the game. :p
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:32 PM »

Code:

Code:
I know that is what the game states are the differences in the war, but I feel like there are a few more that are fairly significant. For example, Em died in a drastically different location. Part of the reason for Chrom's victory in the war against.....the evil country(cannot remember its name atm) was that Em basically completely destroyed the enemy morale with her death because it was public and "moving" to the enemy country. So the war should have had some kind of differences there in addition to the campaign to rescue Em from being captured not occuring altering the flow of the war. I mean I can probably think of other instances, but that is the one which really bugs me.

Side note, I still don't get what Lucina's plan was when she became Basilo's champion early in the dame. Seems like that would make her hom country's defeat occur that much faster.

Code:
Not how time travel works in the game. :p

Code:
I suppose that if you think about it Plegia never really fell in the alternate timeline due to the fact that in both timelines the Grima cult takes over and the main divergence only happens during the showdown against Validar. I suppose that with Emm dead the Plegians had their fill of bloodshed and decided to pack it in and go home. Alternatively, they probably also took the Fire Emblem which still lead Chrom to run over and kick their collective asses to get it back. There's also the possibility that crap like the Risen weren't popping up all over the place which meant that Ylisse wasn't getting its ass handed to it while duking it out with Plegia since the gate didn't open until after all hell broke loose in alternaverse. In any case though, I doubt that there's anything that'll cover it. The game's plot feels more like the Android Saga from DBZ rather than the usual fare and the overall lack of details isn't helping matters either.

And likewise, we can only assume that the whole point to Lucina jumping into the ring was to kill time before the assassination attempt while serving as an excuse to feature at least one arena in this game (unless she was trying to get Basilio to become Ferox's Khan in some halfbaked attempt at keeping him from getting killed during the Valm campaign).

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: March 03, 2013, 08:14:50 AM »

Code:
I suppose that if you think about it Plegia never really fell in the alternate timeline due to the fact that in both timelines the Grima cult takes over and the main divergence only happens during the showdown against Validar. I suppose that with Emm dead the Plegians had their fill of bloodshed and decided to pack it in and go home. Alternatively, they probably also took the Fire Emblem which still lead Chrom to run over and kick their collective asses to get it back. There's also the possibility that crap like the Risen weren't popping up all over the place which meant that Ylisse wasn't getting its ass handed to it while duking it out with Plegia since the gate didn't open until after all hell broke loose in alternaverse. In any case though, I doubt that there's anything that'll cover it. The game's plot feels more like the Android Saga from DBZ rather than the usual fare and the overall lack of details isn't helping matters either.

And likewise, we can only assume that the whole point to Lucina jumping into the ring was to kill time before the assassination attempt while serving as an excuse to feature at least one arena in this game (unless she was trying to get Basilio to become Ferox's Khan in some halfbaked attempt at keeping him from getting killed during the Valm campaign).
Code:
Yeah I suppose that all works. Incidently, I just thought of the biggest plot hole of the game though. Lucina mentions when fighting Chrom in the arena that her father taught her to fight.....but following the timeline of the game she was still an infant when Chrom died and actually her sibling hadn't been born yet. I wonder if perhaps Lucina/the risen's interference sped the events up. However Wallace's invasion should of happened at the same time since it was beginning before Lucina's invasion. I suppose Grima's rise could of been delayed since Chrom didn't gather all the gems for the Fire Emblem(which I assume were all necessary), so it took nearly two decades for Grima's followers to get all the necassary gems. *shrug*[/spoiler]
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: March 03, 2013, 06:43:43 PM »

Code:

Code:
Yeah I suppose that all works. Incidently, I just thought of the biggest plot hole of the game though. Lucina mentions when fighting Chrom in the arena that her father taught her to fight.....but following the timeline of the game she was still an infant when Chrom died and actually her sibling hadn't been born yet. I wonder if perhaps Lucina/the risen's interference sped the events up. However Wallace's invasion should of happened at the same time since it was beginning before Lucina's invasion. I suppose Grima's rise could of been delayed since Chrom didn't gather all the gems for the Fire Emblem(which I assume were all necessary), so it took nearly two decades for Grima's followers to get all the necassary gems. *shrug*[/spoiler]

Code:
It's either a plot discrepancy, or what Lucina meant to say was that she has an endemic memory and learned what to mimic when she was two. It would explain why, when she picks up experience from a shimmering tile, she comments that she's practicing the moves her father is using here and now to punch a hole in the wall versus the moves she picked up on while she was two, leading to her uncertain assessment of success.

Or it could've been nothing more than a bit of poorly written narrative to allow the developers to shoehorn in another nudge nudge wink wink clue to the Mystery of the Not Marth (not like the disguise was any more robust than Zeta Gundam's Quattro's was).

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »

So beat chapter 10/11.  I noticed that the game is definitely built around at least some grinding.  I got to chapter 11 and enemies were just overall 3-4 levels higher than me with a few promoted enemies to boot.  A no death run became annoying, so I beat some paralogue chapters and risen or two then I was fine.  Also I started using pair-up a lot more.  Allies with poor speed got paired up with candy thief man and suddenly they were powerful.

I ended up with Sumia.  Kind of wanted Cordelia, but I guess they didn't fight together enough.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: